Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2018, 10:49   #1891
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

A rushlane article (https://www.rushlane.com/tata-harrie...-12289734.html) confirms the on-road pricing to be between 16-21L. I feel this is a competitive pricing. The Harrier looks very promising and hoping Tata delivers as advertised. Tata should've hit the nail with the automatic and panoramic sunroof. Hope that comes out sooner than expected. The premium ness of the SUV should also reflect post sale (ASS).

Last edited by streetfighter : 4th December 2018 at 10:59. Reason: Someone already posted the video
Old 4th December 2018, 10:50   #1892
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Kudos to Tata for bringing out such a wonderful Product. Now over to Tata for pricing it reasonably. They have to keep in mind that they do not have Brand name like Jeep to price it at Par with the Compass. They have to give some pricing space for the 7 Seater Harrier too.

On the downside, whats with a 400 odd litres boot on such a big car. Why dont Manufacturers give us a usable boot of atleast 500 litres .
I have a 416 litre boot in my Yeti when the rear seats are up. I find this perfectly adequate for 2 persons and luggage. Like a large hatch. If I take my golf stuff, then I need to put the rear seats down and they then provide a flat space which takes it up to around 800 litres. When the rear seats are completely removed it becomes a cavernous space of 1665 litres like a van.

The Harrier, like a Yeti is really a 4 seater, though it is a larger vehicle. And one can squash in enough luggage for a weekend trip provided people pack sensibly in symmetrical suitcases and some squashy bags.

This kind of vehicle boot suits us perfectly because we travel light most of the time.

My parents use an I20 and with the rear seats down and folded flat, it literally becomes a van for them, with capacity for lots of luggage, suitcases and bags and things.

Even the famed Innova or Fortuner. If three passengers are travelling say to the airport, the last row of seats is more or less unusable. Better to put them down to accommodate the larger types of suitcases which one carries on International travel along with assorted bags and the like.

I would venture to say that if one travels heavy, then more or less any car becomes useful only for two or three people and a good amount of luggage..
Old 4th December 2018, 10:51   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
and as a bonus i will get additional seats for those occasional shopping mall duties.

I think it will make sense only if you wanted to take more people. Just in terms of boot space, the Harrier has lot more than what XUV offers.
prakash_ajp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 11:12   #1894
BHPian

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-harrier-dte.jpg

I like the look of this MID. The blue shading in the fuel gauge area coincides with the fuel level. I am guessing it moves up and down accordingly with the fuel level. Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata Harrier Mileage –Diesel 4X2 Manual 15 km/l ( Avg.)
Hmmm. If you look at the above image it shows distance to empty at 468 kms with fuel level at around 90%. With a fuel tank capacity of 50 litres this translates to an average of around 10.5 to 11 kmpl. A far stretch from 15kmpl.

I know. I know. Running conditions might be different. But, still makes me wonder.
BeantownThinker is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 11:49   #1895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Attachment 1824742

I like the look of this MID. The blue shading in the fuel gauge area coincides with the fuel level. I am guessing it moves up and down accordingly with the fuel level. Cool!

Also, the needle lighting of the analog meter looks different and unique as well. Tata is giving interesting attention to detail. Like how the interior panel on the dashboard comes to gel in shape with the door handles, something similar to Jaguar. The steering mounted controls styling is bit on the quirkier side, but I somehow didn't much like the styling of the horn pad. Doesn't gel with rest of the things.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 11:52   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I think it will make sense only if you wanted to take more people. Just in terms of boot space, the Harrier has lot more than what XUV offers.
I drive an Ertiga now, so I guess the added seats are always a bonus. XUV middle row is very wide and we have even seated 4 people for short drives. where as the Harrier seat looks more comfy but seems like a 2+kid to me.

Anyways 3rd row of seats are not a deal breaker for me, but a comfortable 3 seater back seat and very good boot space is

Heart says Harrier still however mind says wait for better deals on XUV500 now along with AT
Old 4th December 2018, 12:00   #1897
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
ACI brings a first look Video on the Harrier.
Seems like Autocar has been given special privileges by Tata Motors. And the embargo doesn't seem to apply on them!
Get ready for all the other publications to cry hoarse over this. If i'm not mistaken there was some controversy the last time also, perhaps with Nexon wherein the embargo was breached by some because Autocar was given the car much ahead of the media drive.

Coming back to the Harrier, the colors offered are not at all interesting which is a bit of surprise! Maybe thats the reason Tata chose to have only Orange during the media drive.
Old 4th December 2018, 12:46   #1898
BHPian

FWIW, the SA assigned to me from the Tata motors showroom has added a few of us in a whatsapp group and even on that group half of the prospective customers seem to be cancelling their bookings because of the lack of an AT. Some are willing to wait till March and will probably cancel if an AT is not available or announced by then. Granted, this is a tier 1 city and a very small sample set but I still can't believe TaMo ignored this in all their research.
Coming to the pictures here, I think it looks premium from the inside but maybe its the angle but it looks smaller from the inside than I imagined.
In terms of gadgets, is there anything in the Harrier that isn't there in rivals? I think it looks pretty standard and the only thing going for it seems to be the quality of the interiors so far.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 12:47   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Why is the speedo needle not a zero but below it ?

Is it a calibration issue ?

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1543907866.032166.jpg
Old 4th December 2018, 12:53   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Why is the speedo needle not a zero but below it ?

Is it a calibration issue ?

Attachment 1824800
No, probaly just the angle at which the picture has been shot.
sharninder is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 12:57   #1901
BHPian

Look what a good-looking car can do to us buyers. Last year it was the Compass. A great looking car made us overlook the disaster called Fiat.

Not very long we were cursing the Tata Aria. Who knew that a decade later we would be going gaga over something similarly priced. Look at the resale prices of the Aria. Five year old Arias sells for less than 5L. Are we even sure the Harrier won't go down the same path?

Harrier is not just good-looking, it looks fantastic. Even better than the Compass from some angles. And if not for the missing third row, one should have no doubt picking this one instead of the XUV. The XUV is old, and even after all these years it still looks like an unfinished product.

I wish Tata all the best. The Harrier definitely deserves to be a winner.
blacksport is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 13:10   #1902
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, Tata Harrier looks like a bigger(or sophisticated) version of Nexon. To me, Nexon is an overkill as far as the exterior is concerned. I felt the same with Harrier. However, I will wait to see this car in flesh and bone before arriving at any conclusion.
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 13:11   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Harrier looks like a direct competitor to XUV 500 and will also eat into sales of Creta and Jeep Compass. A stunner from Tata but will have tough time against the established rivals namely Creta and XUV. Both the competitors have advantage of AT while XUV gives option of AWD as well. Feature wise I think the XUV is competent, major area where the Harrier strikes back is w.r.to looks, interior fit and finish.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 13:14   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Speculation: There was almost confirmed news that it will come with Hyundai AT box. May be Hyundai is worried about Harrier eating in to Creta sales, and delaying the supply by making financial terms which TATA not able to accept?

Looking at Harrier, Tata is missing a golden opportunity by not having AT option at the launch. Rear looks bit bulky though. Hope they do not start deleting features within few months after the launch.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 13:17   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
FWIW, the SA assigned to me from the Tata motors showroom has added a few of us in a whatsapp group and even on that group half of the prospective customers seem to be cancelling their bookings because of the lack of an AT. Some are willing to wait till March and will probably cancel if an AT is not available or announced by then. Granted, this is a tier 1 city and a very small sample set but I still can't believe TaMo ignored this in all their research.
Coming to the pictures here, I think it looks premium from the inside but maybe its the angle but it looks smaller from the inside than I imagined.
In terms of gadgets, is there anything in the Harrier that isn't there in rivals? I think it looks pretty standard and the only thing going for it seems to be the quality of the interiors so far.
Even I am thinking of cancel my booking. Now confused between Vento DSG and Rapid DSG. I know sedan should not be compare with SUV. One of my primary requirement is Auto with ESP. I can't think of any car except of vento bothers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks