Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2018, 15:13   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs

So now Maruti has carpenters too in their team.
Though may not be a deal breaker for mass buyers but surely this is among the rare blunders that Maruti has made (after the Zen classic & Zen Estilo!). I personally would like to state this as downright horrible choice of material. Carmakers first moved to beige interiors from black for the 'airy' feel...now probably they wanted even more of that and took it to an entirely different level.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 15:18   #92
Senior - BHPian

After a very classy front facelift (Maruti have nailed it with the new Ciaz) they had to mess up somewhere didn't they? What a horrible choice of grain/texture /colour for the faux wood? what in the world were they thinking?

Last edited by longhorn : 12th June 2018 at 15:20.
Old 12th June 2018, 15:52   #93
BHPian

A poor facelift.
I wish they could've improved the central console. It looks way too simple and tacky with those buttons and that climate control unit looks straight from the older generation Swift. The faux wood has made the cabin even worse and no new flat bottom steering?
Looks like a half hearted attempt by Maruti Suzuki.
I wonder just because of the price, how are they selling so many units. The competitors in this segment has such wonderful design and interior quality.
Why Maruti why do you have to sell such inferior products?
Old 13th June 2018, 12:38   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
So Ciaz does not get the new steering wheel design?
...while the new Ertiga seems to get the sporty flat bottomed wheel. Would be interesting to learn why Maruti thinks an MPV deserves a sportier steering wheel more than a sedan.

As for the faux wood inserts, looks like the picture was taken with the flash on. Although it looks tacky in these pics, would reserve my judgement on this till I see how it looks in daylight.
fash_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 12:40   #95
Senior - BHPian

Maruti vendors are under tremendous pressure of cost & weight reduction. The choice of material could well be because of cost reduction pressure.

Other changes in the face-lift shows the effort of MSIL engineers as it raises the bar in terms of driving experience with additional bells & whistles.
Old 13th June 2018, 13:23   #96
BHPian

Hope the darker shade trim is offered as an option. Hope Maruti has done something to the overall interior quality (going with the pictures, I really doubt). This is one practical sedan completely let down by cheap parts and poor quality of materials! Talk about rattles from a 6 months old car!! just not acceptable!!!
Old 13th June 2018, 14:05   #97
BANNED

Yuck! That wood trim belongs to Ambassador and Padmini. Just wished they made all black theme with classy piano trim.
Old 13th June 2018, 15:41   #98
Senior - BHPian

It seems they had to upgrade something inside the car. After all its a face lift. The front end looks nice. Interior trim in pictures looks bad. Lets see how it comes of in reality.
Old 13th June 2018, 22:12   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

See how better the outgoing ciaz is. If I am not going to be a repeat customer of ciaz in future, it is going to be because of the faux wood trim color. Meanwhile my 2.5 years old 60k run ciaz is going to stay for a long long time!
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-maruticiaz01.jpg  

PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 10:00   #100
BHPian

I think we need to wait for proper pics. Often things look hideous with flash on - this looks like one such case.
quadmaniac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 10:12   #101

I am still confused as to how can a substandard product be the market leader ahead of City, Verna and Toyota. Maybe we are more price sensitive rather than class sensitive...no offence to Ciaz owners please..
shadab.upes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 12:36   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadab.upes View Post
I am still confused as to how can a substandard product be the market leader ahead of City, Verna and Toyota. Maybe we are more price sensitive rather than class sensitive...no offence to Ciaz owners please..

It sells because it is NOT substandard.

Price / class ? LOL! Ciaz doesn't sell for 9 lakhs and other c2 sedans dont sell for 20 lakhs buddy. It may be 1 lakh cheaper the rest. 1 lakh doesn't determine a lower class. You make it sound like City/Verna/vento/yaris are 20+ lakhs otr. Given the increased power of spending and easy access to loans, C2 segment no more defines class. It is as good an average middle class family can easily afford. Someone who can afford a 14lakh car can also afford a 15 lakh car. It boils down to priorities. How many of c2 segment buyers would want handling , performance, thud closing doors over comfort, space, reliability, fuel efficiency and peace of mind? Now you know why it outsells all other c2 sedans.

Can you please explain in what way Ciaz is a substandard product?
We personally own a city diesel and a vento diesel in our family. Except for the build quality, Ciaz is an overall better package than even the city. It is more spacious, less noisier and more comfortable of all the three. It is the most reliable of the lot too. I have had minor electrical niggles with the city and injectors replacement in vento. Ciaz had no issues what so ever. And talk about excellent A.S.S vs snobby Honda and not so trustworthy Vw A.S.S.

You think people who spend 12-14 lakhs are foolish enough to buy a product if it is substandard? Please come out of the cocoon of the thinking that anything maruti is substandard. You just can't have 55% of market share selling substandard products.

I really do feel bad for the "thud" closing doors and poor sales numbers of the "excellent standard" c2 sedans. I really hope one day people start thinking deeper than the sheet metal. No offence/pun intended

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 14th June 2018 at 13:02.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 13:51   #103

Prasanna, you took it too heavy on your heart. Whatever be the reason of Maruti's selling more, we know it's more because of herd mentality and it's reach to remote areas and not because of quality of products. Polo is any day better than a swift and city better than Ciaz all the way. Why did you buy a Vento and City and not any of the Marutis or Ciaz to be more precise?
Old 14th June 2018, 13:59   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why did you buy a Vento and City and not any of the Marutis or Ciaz to be more precise?

Before we get onto the debate, why dont you also explain why the Ciaz is a sub-standard product? That too compared to the City?
Old 14th June 2018, 14:01   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Prasanna, you took it too heavy on your heart. Whatever be the reason of Maruti's selling more, we know it's more because of herd mentality and it's reach to remote areas and not because of quality of products. Polo is any day better than a swift and city better than Ciaz all the way. Why did you buy a Vento and City and not any of the Marutis or Ciaz to be more precise?
Nothing taken to heart. I just cannot keep quiet when someone loosely passes a judgement which is actually far from truth, that too in a forum that has over a million readers worldwide.

I own a ciaz, vento and a city. Ciaz is my daily runner. City and Vento are used by my brothers.

City is better than ciaz is something I would never agree, at least in diesel variants. City is as flimsy, identical plastic quality in the interiors, slightly less spacious and horribly louder. Low end driveability is better than ciaz but that is about it. Ciaz has turbo lag and other than that it is a very sensible car.
At least vento is a dynamically sorted car, both city and ciaz are as uninteresting to drive.

Herd mentality in this age where even a 2nd grade kid can google about a product? First time car buyers, may be, but someone plonking a million rupees on a car surely don't go by herd opinion alone. If it was herd mentality and reach that sells cars, why did sx4 become a sales disaster? Ciaz started off at 3rd position in sales. It proved it's worth making in overtake Verna and dethrone city eventually, in 3 years. People are ready to buy VFM cars, be it ciaz or nexon or tiago. It doesn't make sense anymore to buy an average product at an extraordinary price just because of the logo it has on the grille.

As we move into mid 2018, Honda city has no USP at all.

Petrol ? - Yaris
Diesel ? - Verna
Space and VFM ? - Ciaz
Enthusiast ? - Vento and Rapid

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 14th June 2018 at 14:17.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks