Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2018, 23:11   #196
BHPian

The front looks similar to 2016 Chrysler 200 . This will be a hit I guess
sajanjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 01:29   #197
BHPian

re: The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs

Thankfully Maruti has given their premium sedan now adjustable rear headrests. I bet lower versions will have fixed ones. God knows when Maruti will develop new design inner door handles, power window switches and additional buttons placed in dashboard below steering wheel. They are same from Alto / WagonR to S-Cross.
Maruti is killing it with awesome LED designs but losing big time on front grill design.
PraNeel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 10:21   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Thankfully Maruti has given their premium sedan now adjustable rear headrests. I bet lower versions will have fixed ones. God knows when Maruti will develop new design inner door handles, power window switches and additional buttons placed in dashboard below steering wheel. They are same from Alto / WagonR to S-Cross.
Maruti is killing it with awesome LED designs but losing big time on front grill design.
I hope the chassis and body of the Ciaz will be comparable to S-cross. S-cross is easily one of the best built sedans in the country and the best from Suzuki stable. When Ciaz is priced above S-cross, what prevents Maruti from giving it the same build as the S-cross? In any case, SHVS will ensure there is no comparable loss to mileage
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 11:43   #199
BHPian

Frankly speaking, the lighter coloured wood finish on the dashboard doesn't look half as bad as it initially did. Even the revamped exteriors look great.

This car is going to be a runaway success, especially with the upgraded petrol engine.

Last edited by nikipedia87 : 27th July 2018 at 11:43. Reason: added an additional point
nikipedia87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 11:52   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

A birdie confirms that Ciaz will have LED projector headlamps and even LED Fog lamps. 6 speed MT would be available later in 1.5 diesel version.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 12:08   #201
BHPian

The blue colour and the grill reminded me of the HEXA. Overall a nice nip and tuck job done.
docprashant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 13:30   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
A birdie confirms that Ciaz will have LED projector headlamps and even LED Fog lamps. 6 speed MT would be available later in 1.5 diesel version.

Any information on the safety front? I am hoping for 6-airbgs on the AT variant.
Mr_Bean is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 13:41   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Any information on the safety front? I am hoping for 6-airbgs on the AT variant.
Agree. MSIL cars usually never fail to upset anyone with their designs. Their after sales and dealership reach is superb. It's only their build quality and safety aspect that keeps me away. While their Suzuki counterparts have a good track record of safety, I really wish that MSIL takes the same potion into their present day cars.
Old 27th July 2018, 14:13   #204
BHPian

I think they should have done something with the rear as well. The rear looked too similar to the Honda City at the time of launch, and this would have been a good time to spruce it up a bit.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th July 2018 at 13:45. Reason: Fixing typo: adding the word 'time'
Old 27th July 2018, 15:11   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
6 speed MT would be available later in 1.5 diesel version.
Every publication has been crying wolf about Maruti's imminent launch of that rather elusive 1.5 diesel these last couple of years. Given the anticlimactic sentiment on diesel, my guess is that Maruti might never launch the 1.5 diesel.

The keyword from the above statement is 'later.' That later could truly be later or never if the petrol Ciaz did very good numbers; and I'm sure it will, given the tide that's swaying towards petrol power.

I'm very interested in this diesel and 6 MT combo from Maruti, and have closely followed this elusive engine for the last couple of years. But, I won't be surprised if it never got launched, ever.

On a side note, good to know Ciaz has all LED and DRLs.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 27th July 2018 at 15:12.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 16:58   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Given the anticlimactic sentiment on diesel, my guess is that Maruti might never launch the 1.5 diesel.

Quote:
I'm very interested in this diesel and 6 MT combo from Maruti, and have closely followed this elusive engine for the last couple of years. But, I won't be surprised if it never got launched, ever.
Maruti will definitely launch the 1.5 diesel engine. 6 speed MT and 1.5 diesel engine combo are undergoing tests in Ciaz and Ertiga since many months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I do not have any information about this. We will get to know more details once the training begins for Nexa RM's. As of now few service advisors have undergone training, I will try again .

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 27th July 2018 at 17:02.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 19:16   #207
BHPian

Based on these pics, one thing is confirmed that Ciaz would come with Cruise Control option. It is definitely a welcome change as its competitors are already offering Cruise Control in some of their variants. Any information regarding automatic transmission with this Facelift?
Old 27th July 2018, 20:17   #208
BHPian

Somehow the top chrome mustache on the front grill is odd. They should have extended it till the headlights like the lower chrome line. Looks like a Hitler's whiskers.

Like the shade of the faux-wood inserts, cannot comment on quality till I see it in person. Headlights look awesome. MSIL is getting their headlight designs spot on.
Burn_out is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 21:05   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

More of the New Ciaz,

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-2018marutisuzukiciazspiedinsideandoutreadyforlaunch4.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-2018marutisuzukiciazspiedinsideandoutreadyforlaunch.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-2018maruticiazinteriors3.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th July 2018 at 21:09.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 23:36   #210
BHPian

Came across a new video of Nexa which has some shots of the upcoming ciaz even before it's launch.

Mods, I'm not able to embed the video via mobile hence sharing the url. Kindly help with the needful.

My take: they were promoting LED lights all throughout. The video was all about LED tube lights, LED DRLs, LED projectors, LED tail lamps, etc.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th July 2018 at 13:44. Reason: Fixing typo: Cake = Came
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks