Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2018, 11:32   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs

Caught by Siddhartha Sharma on the roads in and around Delhi about 10 days back.

The alloy pattern has been caught up close, as also a partial view of the tail-lights in action.

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-3.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-1.jpg

The Maruti Ciaz Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at ₹ 8.19 lakhs-2.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 12:27   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The alloy pattern has been caught up close, as also a partial view of the tail-lights in action.
That is the same alloy pattern as in the outgoing Z variant(15 inch).
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 14:00   #123
BHPian

Looks like only the Alpha variant will get the wheels with the newer design.

Good to see that the Zeta variant also get the new LED tail lamps, unlike the S-Cross facelift which got LED tail lights only on Alpha and the same older style lamps on Zeta and below.
Old 26th June 2018, 16:42   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Caught by Siddhartha Sharma on the roads in and around Delhi about 10 days back.
Any news on 1.5 Diesel mill? Also on launch timeline?
Old 27th June 2018, 09:01   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Any news on 1.5 Diesel mill? Also on launch timeline?
What I have heard from my sources, facelift will come with 1.3 DDIS and 1.5 petrol with advance (relative to current) hybrid technology.
Old 27th June 2018, 11:48   #126
Senior - BHPian

The training for the Ciaz just got over before a few days, It will not come with a 1.5 Diesel Engine and neither is it coming with a 6 speed gearbox, the only change is the facelift and 1.5 liter petrol engine.

Don't know about the Cruise control bit, forgot to ask but it would be foolish of Maruti to not put it in this facelift specially considering the S-cross has it.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 11:50   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
The training for the Ciaz just got over before a few days, It will not come with a 1.5 Diesel Engine and neither is it coming with a 6 speed gearbox, the only change is the facelift and 1.5 liter petrol engine.
Not coming with a 6 speed gear box is a missed opportunity! It would have been a complete package with a 6 speed gearbox, cruise control and a sunroof.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 18:40   #128
BHPian

Maruti have ruined the Ciaz with this facelift. The pre-facelift version is so much more tastefully designed. What's worse, by not launching the 1.5L diesel, they've got nothing worth talking about.
Old 27th June 2018, 22:38   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Maruti have ruined the Ciaz with this facelift. The pre-facelift version is so much more tastefully designed. What's worse, by not launching the 1.5L diesel, they've got nothing worth talking about.
Well we all know new facelift is coming in a month or two. Still Ciaz sells the highest in its segment(mostly) So I doubt if they will loose much by not loosing the 1.5L diesel(against launching half baked tractor engine). Sedan Market is moving towards Petrol and I think they would have done their home work with respect to Engine at least.

What they needed is a better AT(but they might continue same AT) and feature parity such as cruise control and sun-roof etc to continue to lead the segment. Overall i am not very impressed with Ciaz, but i know it will sell well !!
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 10:58   #130
BHPian

Launch is around the corner? Only 1579 Ciaz is sold in Jun compared to 4000+ in May.
Quote:
Sales of the mid-sized sedan Ciaz declined by 60 per cent to 1,579 units during the month as compared to 3,950 units in the same month last year.
Link to News Article
Old 3rd July 2018, 12:04   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Launch is around the corner? Only 1579 Ciaz is sold in Jun compared to 4000+ in May.

Link to News Article
Sales folks are having tough time meeting their goal I feel. They are trying their best to convince people that Price will increase, just a facelift with some changes to front and rear and so-on.

While they may be right when it comes to automatic, since i think Maruti might continue with the same 4AT
Old 3rd July 2018, 16:24   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Sales folks are having tough time meeting their goal I feel. They are trying their best to convince people that Price will increase, just a facelift with some changes to front and rear and so-on.
1579 represents the number of cars dispatched from the factory, and not necessarily cars sold at the showroom. I personally was thinking about buying the existing model (having been disappointed with the facelift) and cashing in on some discounts, pretty sure there are many others like me. So IMHO, doubt this is an indication of reps not being able to meet their target.
Old 3rd July 2018, 17:12   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
1579 represents the number of cars dispatched from the factory, and not necessarily cars sold at the showroom. I personally was thinking about buying the existing model (having been disappointed with the facelift) and cashing in on some discounts, pretty sure there are many others like me. So IMHO, doubt this is an indication of reps not being able to meet their target.
If you are looking for the diesel, why not? Car is expected to continue with same diesel engine.

However the petrol engine might be worth waiting for. Also it is expected to have their mild hybrid too
Old 4th July 2018, 13:25   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
If you are looking for the diesel, why not? Car is expected to continue with same diesel engine.

However the petrol engine might be worth waiting for. Also it is expected to have their mild hybrid too
Looking at a petrol car only, don't particularly enjoy driving the 1.3 (we own the s-cross as well). But was considering a second Ciaz as the one we currently own is being driven by my dad, and I personaly don't have too many complains with the Ciaz. Have since reconsidered the purchase (or rather postponed it) and now leaning towards a D segment sedan. Rationale being the next car is probably the last fuel based car I might buy, might as well buy a big naturally aspirated petrol.
Old 4th July 2018, 15:54   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Looking at a petrol car only, don't particularly enjoy driving the 1.3 (we own the s-cross as well). But was considering a second Ciaz as the one we currently own is being driven by my dad, and I personaly don't have too many complains with the Ciaz. Have since reconsidered the purchase (or rather postponed it) and now leaning towards a D segment sedan. Rationale being the next car is probably the last fuel based car I might buy, might as well buy a big naturally aspirated petrol.
I guess for a Perspective D segment buyer, there will not be much difference between the old and new engine. Hardly there is extra 10 BHP and slight increase in the torque figures as compared to outgoing 1.4L engine.

However for those looking at the current segment, the new engine upgrade is expected to have cruise control and bring feature parity with the competition. It will still not be class leading but Maruti will anyway sell more due to the price.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks