Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2019, 13:32   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Renault Triber Accessories Official Video shared on their website's Personalization page.

AdityaDeane is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 11:46   #497
BHPian

I took a test drive last week and noticed a unique response at lower gears. The engine had an odd feeling at speeds of up to 30 kph and then it appeared normal. I am unable to quantify the experience but it felt close to a 2 cylinder diesel engine with very delicate vibrations and higher torque. The tuning of engine was definitely different from other 1 litre engines.
I was also able to drive an incline with ease on national highway with 6 pax (no luggage). The accessories are very interesting as they offer a functional roof rails and a carrier at a good price.
Vians is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 20:17   #498
Senior - BHPian

The only review video showing the Driver Side Under Seat Storage till now. Courtesy YouTube.

Good coverage of most features of Triber.
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 12:21   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Triber Media drive starts in Goa, embargo till 18th.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-3.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-1.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-2.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-4.jpg

Source: Various tweets

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th September 2019 at 12:23.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 13:22   #500
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Sat in this smart looking car during my recent visit to a Renault Showroom. Here are some things that stood out:
  • The driver seat has an upright seating position (sitting with legs folded rather than outstretched).
  • Max legroom available is in plenty but only if you adjust the other seat to minimum available. Otherwise it is just about satisfactory for a 6 footer.
  • The seat cushioning is very soft, similar to the older Swift.
  • The door aperture in the front is small, and the seat at the back is placed in such a way (despite the aperture being larger) that one has to be mindful of not hitting their foot into the A/B pillar while getting in/out.
  • The car seems to be stiffly sprung and should offer a good ride quality and comfort, (best of both worlds) at this price point.
  • Some touches in the interior (3-row AC, toggle switches, dashboard tray etc.) make the other more expensive cars in the Renault line-up seem outdated.
  • The wheel caps are nicely designed to look like alloy wheels until you inspect them closely.

If I were in the market for a city-runabout 5-seater car, this would fit the bill perfectly.
Tgo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 13:53   #501
BHPian

I missed 2 more points.
The steering wheel was so light and I was able to see that it was effortless to spin. When I compare it to my other cars, this is the best steering I have used as a city runabout. I don't know if the steering weighs up at higher speed as I did not cross 80.

I did not need to make frequent gear changes and that was stunning difference after stepping out of my Alto F10D and immediately driving Triber.
Vians is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 14:45   #502
Senior - BHPian

Today morning I saw a red Triber on the way to my office. I followed it and even driven side by side for sometime. It's a good looking car between ocean of Marutis and sea of Hyundais.

Another blockbuster in making from Renault India.

Cheers!
Old 16th September 2019, 15:11   #503
Senior - BHPian

See a Triber regularly as there's one in my colony (nearer to my brother's house). I do not have any idea about the interior quality & space, but from the exteriors it is as good as Baleno in terms of the dimensions. The paint quality is fairly good IMO & the tyres are same size as Swift, which means Baleno size tyre+alloy combo (at cost of ride quality) is dole-able.

Obviously, the engines are like apples & oranges, but everytime I see it, I believe this the thought that comes to my mind .
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 10:07   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Was the embargo till today morning or is it till tomorrow morning? When can we expect the Reviews Videos to start pouring in?
Old 18th September 2019, 10:14   #505
Senior - BHPian

Saw one in flesh. Except for the narrow tyres and 1.0L engine the car looks good and practical. I felt the quality of interiors is top notch for the price. Found the design to be better than say Brezza/Venue . Renault should consider plonking the 1.2L mill from Micra and provide wider tires.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 10:23   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Was the embargo till today morning or is it till tomorrow morning? When can we expect the Reviews Videos to start pouring in?
What stumps me is, having an embargo on reviews when the cars are actually being delivered to customers already. The car is available to see in person since a month now. Whats the use of holding back reviews at this juncture? Doesn't it seem redundant?
Old 18th September 2019, 10:36   #507
BHPian

I really wish they would release the AMT version soon. They have a customer in me waiting. I fell in love with this car when I saw how useful they have made it for people who are tall and own multiple dogs. I agree that it is a very small section of the population
rrnsss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 11:18   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Embargo lifted - First Drive Review:

volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 11:55   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
.... how useful they have made it for people who are tall and own multiple dogs.
You can add one more to that list, I'm not tall though. But I'll wait for the Turbo version. I have a gut feeling it may also carry other goodies - upsized wheels for sure, and possibly VDC (even Datsun Go gets it now). A sunroof would be an added treat
Old 18th September 2019, 11:59   #510
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched the ACI review. Given their "exclusive" access to the Triber - criticism was always going to be rare. Yet - the reviewer / script writer couldn't really hide disappointment with the engine. Nothing to praise about the engine it seems. "Just about gets the job done", as expected from a 1 L engine.

Review didn't demo actually seating 7 people and driving the car. Something that I consider an absolute must for a car intending to sell with USP as 7 seater capability!
A review of such car should also show performance with people + AC on. Its crucial for long term ownership confidence isn't it? The car has a lot of volume to cool, it has cooled 3 rows, cooled storage spaces at 2 different places. Thats a lot of volume to cool and lot of coil plumbing. Surely the compressor will be quite large. But that means a hit on the FE too! Quite a lot of metrics to balance for Renault in a low-margin segment I must say.

On a positive note - a confirmation that AMT is arriving early 2020 & Turbo engine is in the works (but no ETA).

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th September 2019 at 12:02.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks