Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2019, 22:15   #136
BHPian

Re: 2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
With 5 people on-board and ACC set at 22 degrees, nobody complained in our 750kms trip from bangalore to wayanad and back. Yes, wayanad had drizzles, but for rest of the route outside temperature hovered at 35-38 degrees. Overall I found it Okay-ish , nothing great.
Hey, thank you for your response. This is good news (for the Honda sales guy). Just to confirm, it will surely be sufficient in 42-45 temps right? It was 43 during our test drive and my area of Delhi generally sees 1-2 months of > 42 highs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
This is new News for me, is Honda's CVT that bad? Was looking at Amaze Diesel CVT over VW DSG just for reliability factor. What would be the cost of replacing critical components if they do fail
Wide number of quotes from FNGs and Honda servicemen alike. Local FNG said he could get in a used transmission in good condition for 40-60k. Don’t remember the Honda number (or really if there even was one, they had replaced plenty of other stuff in the engine before it was proposed that it maybe, just maybe could have been a transmission issue), but a Thai publication said it would cost them US$ 2000 (some 1.4 odd lakh) to replace it in theirs and I’m not even sure if this is the entire transmission or only the faulty part.

However it’s not like this is a critical issue or anything, it can be driven in this state. Also, the shudder can be stopped temporarily with a CVT fluid flush which has a much more palatable cost even if it is done regularly. Hopefully it isn’t even an issue with the new Jazz at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
All problems I find reported on the web can be solved by replacing the CVT fluid. Is that such a big deal? Or is the reference to something else? Y
CVT fluid only temporarily resets the issue once it has begun. It arises again after a few 1000 km. I’ve read from random people on the ‘net that this is a “clutch plate” issue (which is a part that, by my understanding of their working, CVTs don’t have).

However, this issue has not been documented very well for the current generation powertrain. Perhaps because nobody has really driven it long enough (time and/or distance), or maybe Honda has nipped this issue. Would appreciate a heads up if any current gen Jazz owner in this thread is seeing such issues (or their beginnings at least).

A little birdie has told me CVT fluid is now a part of the service cycle now. Perhaps with CVT maintenance from early life this issue is mitigated.
chieftain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 23:42   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishfull View Post
It worked! Android Auto froze thrice during my drives in the weekend, and always it started working after I put my car in R and then back to D. Thank you, you are a life saver The issue with the cable also did not pop up after I tried another cable that was lying around. But, it could be due to the fact that I drove mostly in smooth roads. Will check it for a couple of weeks and will try out the cable that you suggested if the issue pops up again.
Glad I could be of help !

Quote:
Originally Posted by chieftain View Post
A little birdie has told me CVT fluid is now a part of the service cycle now. Perhaps with CVT maintenance from early life this issue is mitigated.
Here's a snip from the manual - CVT fluid to be changed every 2 years or 40000 kms.

2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh-capture.jpg
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 08:05   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the quick reply ! One final question, would CVT box be covered under extended warranty? VW at least gives good-will warranty for their DSG which has higher rate of failure!
Old 1st July 2019, 08:54   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, thank you for your response. This is good news (for the Honda sales guy). Just to confirm, it will surely be sufficient in 42-45 temps right? It was 43 during our test drive and my area of Delhi generally sees 1-2 months of > 42 highs.
I wouldn't be the right person to answer that buddy as Bangalore barely saw anything above 35 degrees since I got the car in April,2019. Probably someone from Delhi/Kolkata/Mumbai/Chennai would be the right people to answer that as those cities see pretty hot summers. But looking at the large glass-area & the huge real-estate inside, I seriously doubt how the ACC would perform for the rear passengers. Guess you would be better off getting some sort of a sunfilm as an added protection against heat. I know its illegal but quite a few folks have gone for some workarounds from Garware/3M & haven't faced any issues. You might wanna take a look at the sunfilm thread.

Update regarding the android auto disconnection issue: Strangely it worked without disconnecting for last 2 days on my stock phone cable itself on bangalore's bumpy roads. No idea what's going on
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 09:53   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Guess you would be better off getting some sort of a sunfilm as an added protection against heat. I know its illegal but quite a few folks have gone for some workarounds from Garware/3M & haven't faced any issues. You might wanna take a look at the sunfilm thread.
Yesterday I was at an accessory shop to install a door visor where I saw a swift being fitted with a uv control film. They told it is not illegal and quoted 2.5k for jazz. I anyway refrained from buying it since it is rainy season in kerala now.

Quote:
Update regarding the android auto disconnection issue: Strangely it worked without disconnecting for last 2 days on my stock phone cable itself on bangalore's bumpy roads. No idea what's going on
Same for me. I thought it is due to the latest cable i used. But now I suspect there is something else to it - there was an update to android auto app in play store. May be the new version helped!
Vishfull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 11:46   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply ! One final question, would CVT box be covered under extended warranty? VW at least gives good-will warranty for their DSG which has higher rate of failure!
Well, the long list of exclusions do not explicitly call out the CVT or Gearbox anywhere, so guess it is covered.
But the main precondition for availing extended warranty, should the need arise anytime, is to always have the repairs / services done from Honda in the warranty period.

P.S: I opted for 5 yrs / 100K kms warranty and 5 years RSA while buying the car.

Last edited by blackasta : 1st July 2019 at 11:47.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 12:01   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Does the CVT suffer from the issues that plagued previous generations of the City / Jazz / Fit? Honda in general has had a few transmission issues in the past and the CVT found in the previous generation Jazz et al. was known to have widespread issues. Our City also developed this infamous CVT shudder at around 50,000km. Also, I have heard there is something called “revitalizant” which is a transmission fluid additive which deposits itself onto worn transmission parts. Has anyone tried it? Has it helped?
This is news to me. What I have read on some other forums and here as well is that Honda cars are very sensitive to the CVT transmission oil and its best to stick to the Honda oil to be safe.

Quote:
2. How would you rate the air conditioner? Our City’s AC was passable at best, it did the bare minimum work to keep the cabin acceptably cool. We took a test drive of Jazz a couple weeks ago and the AC was simply not good, unpliable for the sweltering Delhi heat. Could this be an issue with that specific tester or is the AC actually kind of weak?
I own a Jazz CVT and sometimes drive a Maruti Ignis, Ford Figo and Fiat Punto (all 1.2 petrols) owned by the family. The AC is the Jazz is certainly the weakest among these. The larger glass area of the Jazz might be a big factor to the additional heating in the Honda which adds to more work for the AC unit. That said, we have owned our Jazz for close to 4 years now and while the AC unit isnt as powerful as the others, and despite having to deal with high humidity (being in a coastal city), it certainly isnt a deal breaker for us.
Old 1st July 2019, 12:57   #143
BANNED

Quote:
Yesterday I was at an accessory shop to install a door visor where I saw a swift being fitted with a uv control film. They told it is not illegal and quoted 2.5k for jazz. I anyway refrained from buying it since it is rainy season in kerala now.

I too had the same experience while fitting the seat cover and steering cover. (The place is named "Car Model", btw.) They offered 70% visibility Garware film at a similar price. 3 M film was quoted pretty high. I was not sure of legality, so let it go.

Below is a pic of the steering cover from my mobile. Couldn't get a full view of the seats though.

2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh-20190701_092526.jpg

Not the best photography, but still...
2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh-20190622_171854.jpg
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 15:06   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Not the best photography, but still...
Seat cover looks good. With the high humidity in Kochi, I felt it is better to have the fabric seats, and hence refrained from opting for seat covers.

By the way the shop I mentioned was in Seaport Airport road, near Vilakku Junction. It is a nice little shop, and the owner Mr Ranjith seems to be a pretty nice guy. He opened the shop on Sunday just for me as the visors I wanted was not with him on Saturday.
Old 8th July 2019, 19:00   #145
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Hello everyone,

We had booked a Jazz V CVT for my aunt in Pune. It arrived in Pune on Saturday and I visited the showroom today to check it out before it was sent for registration. I was shocked to find a lot overspray in the engine bay especially around the apron. The apron isn’t repaired but the overspray around the apron, tie member and inside the hood speaks a lot of deteriorating Honda quality. Can other people who have picked up a red jazz recently confirm if it exists in their cars too? I saw two more cars, one had them & one didn’t.
2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh-c9ca6cc7b3424d629d0fea6639ce810a.jpeg
2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh-e62f523c2d39409fbf448135455dc019.jpeg
Old 8th July 2019, 21:30   #146
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Hello everyone,

We had booked a Jazz V CVT for my aunt in Pune. It arrived in Pune on Saturday and I visited the showroom today to check it out before it was sent for registration.
Registration process is through Vahan / parivahan site. The showroom takes a temp registration and delivers the vehicle. There is no need to take the vehicle to the RTO at this stage. Registration happens only after delivery.

Quote:
I was shocked to find a lot overspray in the engine bay especially around the apron. The apron isn’t repaired but the overspray around the apron, tie member and inside the hood speaks a lot of deteriorating Honda quality.
What exactly do you mean by "overspray? Vehicle paint on engine parts?

Quote:
Can other people who have picked up a red jazz recently confirm if it exists in their cars too? I saw two more cars, one had them
You mean you saw it in red coloured vehicles only? Mind explaining how you got to see the vehicles with their hood up?

Anyway I'll wash our car in a couple days and will let you know.
Old 8th July 2019, 21:40   #147
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Registration process is through Vahan / parivahan site. The showroom takes a temp registration and delivers the vehicle. There is no need to take the vehicle to the RTO at this stage. Registration happens only after delivery.
We aren’t taking the delivery on temp registration as this car will be sent out of Pune. Will be taking the delivery only after the registration is done.

Quote:
What exactly do you mean by "overspray? Vehicle paint on engine parts?
Pls see the attached images and check the area with excess red colour around the apron.

Quote:
You mean you saw it in red coloured vehicles only? Mind explaining how you got to see the vehicles with their hood up?

Anyway I'll wash our car in a couple days and will let you know.
Yes I saw it only in red cars. And why can’t I see vehicles with their hood up?
Old 8th July 2019, 23:15   #148
BHPian

Paint is normal. Some parts are painted by robots, others by human. As long as outer painting is fine, it is all good.
aerohit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 16:51   #149
BHPian

Hello everyone,

My Jazz(VX CVT, 2019) is not displaying front passenger seat belt reminder(or the audible warning). Never noticed it before since the vehicle is mostly driven by me, and whenever my wife comes with me, she usually sits at the back seat as I have a 2 year old kid. It works fine for the driver side. So my question is, is it a missing feature or my car is faulty? Owner's manual seems to mention the feature is indeed there, but it is a bit confusing since Honda mentions about a lot of features in it which is present in the international models, but is not there in Indian models.
Old 2nd September 2019, 17:05   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Jazz(VX CVT, 2019) is not displaying front passenger seat belt reminder(or the audible warning). Never noticed it before since the vehicle is mostly driven by me, and whenever my wife comes with me, she usually sits at the back seat as I have a 2 year old kid. It works fine for the driver side. So my question is, is it a missing feature or my car is faulty? Owner's manual seems to mention the feature is indeed there, but it is a bit confusing since Honda mentions about a lot of features in it which is present in the international models, but is not there in Indian models.
AFAIK, the facelift Jazz does not have front passenger seat belt reminder alarm.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks