Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2019, 11:04   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Honda Jazz launched at Rs. 7.35 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I'm trying to figure out the differences between V CVT and VX CVT. From websites and online vouchers, I can only see the touch screen with GPS in the VX. Even the TD vehicle i saw was a V. What am I missing? The sales persons were beating around the bush, and only option I have is to go to the stock yard, if a VX vehicle is available.
Extras in VX over V that I can think of:

1. Digipad 2.0
2. Electrically adjustable ORVM with Turn indicators
3. Rear signature LED tailight
4. Leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob
5. Voice control on steering
6. 1 extra USB port(rest have 1)

P.S: I would strongly recommend the Exclusive edition over VX. For 20k extra you get some good accessories which add some character to the otherwise boring exteriors/interiors.

1. Gun-metal alloys
2. Black perforated leather seats
3. Illuminated door sill
4. Black spoiler
5. Some striped decals on the sides.

Last edited by SoumenD : 14th May 2019 at 11:21.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 11:10   #92
BHPian

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out the differences between V CVT and VX CVT. From websites and online vouchers, I can only see the touch screen with GPS in the VX. Even the TD vehicle i saw was a V. What am I missing? The sales persons were beating around the bush, and only option I have is to go to the stock yard, if a VX vehicle is available.
I'm sure you know that the CVT initially was launched with V as the top variant. CVT VX was added sometime last year during the refresh and the major upgrade is the touchscreen ICE over the 2 DIN audio. There are other minor differences like LED tail lamps, leather wrapped steering wheel, auto folding RVMs etc on the VX over V.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 13:14   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
P.S: I would strongly recommend the Exclusive edition over VX. For 20k extra you get some good accessories which add some character to the otherwise boring exteriors/interiors.
Point taken. But the dealer seems to be reluctant about this variant.

Also, what is the need for a "connector device"? It is listed as optional extra in the list. This along with annual subscription are 7999 and 2535 respectively.
Old 15th May 2019, 14:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, what is the need for a "connector device"? It is listed as optional extra in the list. This along with annual subscription are 7999 and 2535 respectively.
It's a OBD2 dongle that reads data from the car and logs them to the Honda connect app.
In my opinion, if you would want to know about your car, better buy a good quality OBD2 scanner, and give this thing a miss.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 09:23   #95
Senior - BHPian

The one who'll pay the EMIs was adamant. No VX. Not even the special edition. The dealer was reluctant to take order for special edition also. But was happy to take booking for red, though it was not in stock. Now waiting for loan processing.
Old 20th May 2019, 10:29   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The one who'll pay the EMIs was adamant. No VX. Not even the special edition. The dealer was reluctant to take order for special edition also. But was happy to take booking for red, though it was not in stock. Now waiting for loan processing.
The price difference between V and VX is indeed more than what it offers. V is a perfect VFM model if you aren't too keen on touchscreen(with AppleCarplay/Android auto). Even I was rooting for V until the last moment when better half expressed interest on Apple carplay and I ended up going 1 up for the exclusive edition for the extra goodies. Only thing missing in the car is rear adjustable headrest and projectors+DRL. Its sad to see a 11L hatch missing these stuff

What kind of offer did you manage? Looks like this month the offer on Jazz is increased by another 5k to 45k(on paper) which means one can haggle up for almost upto 80k discount on-road.

Last edited by SoumenD : 20th May 2019 at 10:54.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 22:52   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like this month the offer on Jazz is increased by another 5k to 45k(on paper) which means one can haggle up for almost upto 80k discount on-road.
Hmmm... Not that much. Free insurance. Exchange bonus. Corporate discount. That's all.
Old 20th May 2019, 23:54   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm... Not that much. Free insurance. Exchange bonus. Corporate discount. That's all.
Exchange bonus is a sham to be honest. They quote the exchange price to such levels that only after including the bonus it barely matches or is close to cars24 prices.

Anyways, You can negotiate for some more. Loyalty bonus (even if you have an activa in immediate family). We have a brio back home, so got this. 4th year extended warranty, RSA , zero dep and engine protection as well waived off. And yeah try to get the mudflaps while negotiating . I didn't know it would be so tough to get one outside. Now have to cough up 2.2k+ for it
Old 21st May 2019, 07:23   #99
Senior - BHPian

Would these do?

Amazon 1

Available in other colours too.

You are right about exchange bonus. The Nexa people quoted same for the Alto. The vehicle was rear ended once and there is a wrinkle underneath the fuel lid. It is a single panel from top of the A pillar to bottom of A pillar. (On the Alto K10), and the vehicle vibrates even at idle (AMT slipping the clutch). So she is desperate to get rid of it.

We are interested only in the step illuminator, body side moulding window visor, mudflaps, and leather steering cover (not in official accessories list).

Edit: Found these too - Amazon 2

I'm posting the links more as a query, about their suitability, not recommendation.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th May 2019 at 20:35. Reason: Fixing amazon links.
Old 21st May 2019, 10:51   #100
Senior - BHPian

Is the Digipad sold as an accessory? V variant with this makes super sense!
Old 21st May 2019, 12:31   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would these do?

Adroitz Sparco Racing Style Rubberized Car Mudflaps for Jazz - Red - Set of 4 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07651HR6Z/..._aq14Cb2FTAT92
They look like the ones we used to see on ambassadors back in 80s/90s. I would avoid these. Was shown by one of the local accessory shops.

Quote:

Found these too. AUTO CAR WINNER Premium Quality O.E Type CAR Mud Flap/Guard (Set of 4) For Honda Jazz V CVT https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07HYFQ2LV/..._uX14CbC26QH26

I'm posting the links more as a query, about their suitability, not recommendation.
I guess member blackasta got something similar but had issues while fitting them. Maybe he can respond?

Last edited by SoumenD : 21st May 2019 at 12:32.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 13:42   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would these do?

Adroitz Sparco Racing Style Rubberized Car Mudflaps for Jazz - Red - Set of 4 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07651HR6Z/..._aq14Cb2FTAT92

Available in other colours too.
This one has a racer boy look - best avoided. I had something similar on my i10 long back.

Quote:
Found these too. AUTO CAR WINNER Premium Quality O.E Type CAR Mud Flap/Guard (Set of 4) For Honda Jazz V CVT https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07HYFQ2LV/..._uX14CbC26QH26
These look like OEM ones, similar to what I have installed on my car.

Quote:
I guess member blackasta got something similar but had issues while fitting them. Maybe he can respond?
Indeed I was having troubles installing the mudflaps, especially the front ones, as the OEM plastic rivet was hard to remove without breaking the same, and was too short to retain the mudflap. Also, the holes in the mudlfaps, though aligning with the ones in the car, were too small - had to make them bigger with a box knife.

So I got these from Aliexpress, and then installed the front mudflaps.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 09:56   #103
Senior - BHPian

We'll take delivery of our Radiant Red V CVT in next couple of days. The showroom has sent a pic, and it appears that the tyres are GoodYear. The car is Feb 2019 manufactured, from the VIN.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 10:18   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exchange bonus is a sham to be honest. They quote the exchange price to such levels that only after including the bonus it barely matches or is close to cars24 prices.
Not necessarily true. Yes, the exchange bonus itself is just a marketing gimmick, however, new car dealerships do sometimes better prices given by Cars24. In fact, I found the prices quoted by Cars 24 to be the lowest of the bunch among the 4-5 places that I enquired with to sell my car.

I speak from personal experience, since the quote I received from Cars 24 in December 2018 for my 2012 Swift VXI was bettered by roughly 25-30% by the final used car price that was given to me by Magnum Honda three and a half months later, i.e. March 2019. Substantial difference, then, from the price quoted by Cars24.

What you finally manage to wrangle out depends entirely on how well one can negotiate, and how desperate the dealership is for your business.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 28th May 2019 at 10:20.
Old 28th May 2019, 11:23   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Just sharing my experience with Whitefield Honda when I was trying to sell my Honda Jazz last year. I had bought my 1.2 V CVT from them in 2015 and was looking to sell it and upgrade to a non Honda vehicle. So this isnt a direct comparison to the exchange bonus situation but is close enough.

After hearing some mixed reviews on Cars24, I approached the Whitefield Honda dealership themselves for the peace of mind and safety net that the dealership would take care of all the legal paperwork and ownership transfer. However the person I was speaking to from Whitefield Honda wasnt fully upright and he told us that he was trying to do the sale on the side without showing it to the dealership. He was looking at pocketing the full profits himself. Also the price offered was very low - around Rs 5.5 L for a car that had done around 15,000 kms only. Im amazed that such things were happening under the noses of Honda dealerships!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks