Audi Q5 10 0.51%
Lexus ES 300h 29 1.48%
Voters: 1964. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2018, 09:43   #76
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2018. EDIT: It's the Mahindra Marazzo

I would refrain from voting just because none of the cars makes me feel content. I would rather have voted for the jtp twins or the aspire facelift (if they were a new launch). With the jtp and aspire facelift, the cars have become a great package overall. Offering most of the things in one car and in a budget.

The swift manual petrol is a great mechanical package but I can't tolerate the iffy interiors and overall paint and build. The marazzo is definitely a leap ahead for Mahindra but I have my doubts over that heft (along with load 7 passengers and ac) compared to 1.5 diesel unit. Also, the Santro is good but not cute.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 8th December 2018 at 09:46.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 10:27   #77
BANNED

I believe that we need an option of NOTA too in the list. If we look back at the past winners; they were mostly pathbreaking products, this time its a set of 'just another car' in the respective segments.

So, I am not content enough from any of the offerings which could push me to vote. Still just to add my bit; I decided to go for the car that has come up to fill a void and is actually a car that fits the bill over there.

It's Mahindra Marazzo for me.
VKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 10:34   #78
Senior - BHPian

Amaze or Marazzo.

First of all, it was very easy to shortlist these two cars out of the list. Simply because of the lack of worthy options.

Both Amaze & Marazzo created enough buzz in the market due to their fresh design and feature-rich proposition. Both these cars are absolute VFM products. Marazzo is amazing 7-seater MPV which is affordable, capable and feature rich. However, It can not compete with HEXA and even new Ertiga will give a tough fight to Marazzo.

On the other hand, IMO, Amaze is a winner in the compact Sedan segment. Amaze CVT is the best buy if you are in the market for a compact family sedan. Voted for Amaze.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 10:51   #79
BHPian

Voted for Marazzo.4 star gncap rating MPV at the price point.
Old 8th December 2018, 11:17   #80
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

For me the four cars I had to think about before voting were:

1. Santro - for bring our a fresh looking small hatchback. Fresh from the inside and out with a good nostalgia card going for it car really made me look forward to its launch. It is sure to be a success. Hyundai are probably going to be updating its equipment too over the years keeping the car the most sensible option in this segment.

2. Amaze - for reading the market and launching the automatics right at the beginning rather than cashing in on sales for a year or two by depriving the customers of the option.

3. Marrazo - for scoring the 4star in Global NCAP.

4. Yaris - for launching a nicely kitted contender in the sedan market even with the whole world showing a liking for SUVs and crossovers.

Voted for the Santro.
Old 8th December 2018, 11:19   #81
BHPian

Marazzo it is, for me (and to the rest of the forum by the looks of it). Brand new product, very competitive, deserves to be one of the COTY nominees in any Indian automotive award. Would've voted for the G4 had it not been a rebadged version. Amaze runs a close second for its substantial improvements over the older version. Not qualified to comment on the 30L+ products. Rest all are 'meh'.
Old 8th December 2018, 11:29   #82
BHPian

Well, most of the contenders here are mere reincarnations of the car models that are already in existence (at least in the scenario of the Indian market) except few. Surely, I am not talking about the new platform or old platform, but my statement goes on with the model name such as Santro, Ertiga, Amaze, CR-V, et-al, that we know since ages. Similarly, the Alturas is nothing but re-christened Rexton.

Few ones such as Lexus / Q5, are very exquisite; but are the ones that only the uber-rich can afford. Same logic holds good even for the BMW’s and Volvos in the league. The outlander on the other hand comes from a manufacturer which was associated with very few popular models viz., Lancer/ Cedia etc. But then its visibility was faded decades ago.

This leaves us with Marazzo and the Yaris. They are new entrants, fresh from the oven, and much talked about cars amongst the new launches. Obviously they come from familiar brands and are affordable to an extent to certain populace. Marazzo is a new attempt from Mahindra and would be a tricky bait as we all know about the Mahindra’s regime in service support. The Toyota on the other hand may appear bland and run of the mill type. Given Toyota’s forte in after sales support and reliability aspects and especially considering that the Yaris is step ahead of its main competitors in the segment in terms of safety and build quality, these aspects turns the table in favour of the Yaris.

Hence, voted for the Yaris.
Old 8th December 2018, 12:18   #83
BHPian

Voted for the Marazzo. First the effort by Mahindra to develop such a product and then garner four stars on Safety was quite an achievement. Secondly the pricing of the car vis-a-vis its features and quality show that Maruti can do much better and Toyota is literally fleecing its customers. Puts both these products in perspective and raises question marks.
Overall a well packaged and well priced car that would suit Indian requirements well. Could definitely end up being a game changer!
Old 8th December 2018, 12:30   #84
BHPian

Voted for Marazzo. Truly a huge step ahead for a car designed and manufactured by India in India.
Old 8th December 2018, 12:51   #85
Senior - BHPian

Not voting this time as there are none IMHO credible car for the award. I am surprised to see the JTP twins missing as well as the Ford Freestyle. When the flop cars are included, then Isuzu D max V cross should have also featured. Somehow the poll nominees do not feel right.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 12:54   #86
BHPian

I have driven the XC40 - I am suprised it is at the 2nd position. Any XC40 owners here? Have a few queries on acceleration etc

Last edited by vivekrvcse : 8th December 2018 at 12:56.
Old 8th December 2018, 12:54   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Pretty sad year. Nothing stands out as a package. Some stand outs like the safety aspects of the Yaris, the Diesel CVT from the Amaze and a good looking 4 star rated Marazzo. Not voted yet.
Old 8th December 2018, 13:09   #88
BHPian

Voting for Marazzo.

After TD & looks, really felt like it’s taken inspiration from Shark seriously.

Its very well slotted to cover the void; fit & finish is leaps above other M&M vehicles & the NCAP rating is really cherry on the cake

Hope the Sales chart wholeheartedly accepts the friend request of The Team - BHP COTY unlike lot of years when they look in opposite directions.
Old 8th December 2018, 13:24   #89
BHPian

Sorry for asking this dumb question, but how are we supposed to vote?
I couldn't find a link or any other option to 'vote'. Or are we just supposed to post our comments here?
Wondering about this since last years' poll 🤡
Old 8th December 2018, 13:34   #90
BHPian

Voted for the Amaze despite a strong reluctance to vote at all given the lacklustre line up. Santro is not the cute car it was.. and every other car is not as much of a radical product as the last few years.

Amaze is leagues ahead of the car it started as.. awesome space , powerful 1.5 L diesel engine +CVT combo is a first in class ( if don't consider the wierd looking Ameo diesel + DSG ), and best in class boot space. I very seriously considered this before freezing on my Nexon AMT.. but impressed with the package..
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks