Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:26   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I think they can also happily pay 20k for much superior engine.
Agreed, but try explaining that to a cab driver, he will still stick to the mileage quotient- less cc, more mileage.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:26   #167
Senior - BHPian

With Harrier storm, this thread went silent

Thanks to Hyundai, Maruti had enough room to price the Wagon R. But what's catchy is the difference between 1L & 1.2L petrol engines. Just 20k?

I drive the Estilo everyday and can vouch for the crappy drive-ability(non-existent low-end) of that anemic engine. On slight inclines/speed-breakers, with 2 people on-board it just struggles in even 2nd gear with AC on. For folks going in for VXi onwards its a no-brainer really. 1.2L should be the choice by default.

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd January 2019 at 14:33.
SoumenD is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:27   #168
BHPian

The website shows that the car has LED Projector headlamps but the features list in the brochure doesn't mention its presence. Am I missing something here or is it that LED Projectors are standard? (highly unlikely to be).
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs-waggie.png  

Old 23rd January 2019, 15:06   #169
AYP
Senior - BHPian

So the extra 20k gives you not only the engine upgrade but also steering mounted controls for the audio system, which I feel are not just a convenience feature but an important safety feature as well. I feel that the 1.2 VXI will see the biggest chunk among the variants. However, for the love of god, I simply can't digest the fact that the tachometer is available only on the top end ZXI.

Tachometer is actually a huge deal breaker for me and I would happily settle for a car which is slightly down on power and other features but provides me a tacho.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:24   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Tachometer is actually a huge deal breaker for me and I would happily settle for a car which is slightly down on power and other features but provides me a tacho.
Well i will agree that a lack of tachometer is annoying and the console looks cheap without it but i won't go the extent of saying it is a deal breaker, i anyways change the gear with how i feel rather than looking at the tacho, i can say this because just last week i drove my friend's Dzire Lxi which lacks a tachometer but i enjoyed every second of driving that wonderful K series engine, i never once glanced at the console or missed it, i revved it however i liked and changed gear the way i usually do, no problems.
So yes engine or more power matters much more to a driving experience than a tachometer for instance.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:29   #171
Senior - BHPian

Rear wiper with defogger, fog lamps and tachometer are the key items missing from the Vxi variant. They should have provided it at least the the Vxi 1.2 variant. Key gains - ABS + EBD and driver airbag is now standard. The 1.2l variants is something that would have hit Hyundai like a bolt from the blue.

Also, looks like they have shaved off quite a few kgs from the previous gen WagonR, but still it is not reflecting heavily on the FE figures..

Last edited by longhorn : 23rd January 2019 at 15:32.
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:34   #172
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Well i will agree that a lack of tachometer is annoying and the console looks cheap without it but i won't go the extent of saying it is a deal breaker,
Thanks for sharing your opinion with us. However, I stick to mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
So yes engine or more power matters much more to a driving experience than a tachometer for instance.
Perhaps you missed this part of my post-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
It is not just about changing the gears, seeing the revv meter climb up gives you a different sense of thrill. Something which is missing in cars which are not equipped with a tachometer.

Last edited by AYP : 23rd January 2019 at 15:50.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 16:04   #173
Senior - BHPian

I hope build quality also improves with the new Waggy. The last one especially after munching up some kms felt absolutely rickety and noisy in comparison to better built competition and siblings.
Old 23rd January 2019, 16:53   #174
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see the flat front seats like Datsun Redi-Go and no adjustable headrests for front and rear passengers even in the top variant. I see a lot of cost cutting in one of the most important areas by all manufacturers: seats. Our 2006 Zen Lxi had fatter front seats. Maybe it has got to do with the expensive music system, but that part can always be upgraded, not the seats.

It will be interesting to watch the battle between Santro and Wagon-R. Will people prefer a better engine over better interior quality ? We are back to the 2000's where the tall-boy Santro competed with tall boy Wagon-R

Just saw the brochure, the Magma grey color surely looks upmarket on the new Wagon-R.
Old 23rd January 2019, 17:45   #175
Team-BHP Support

Details of the new Smartplay infotainment system -

And the Smartplay dock system of lower variants -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 17:57   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
The website shows that the car has LED Projector headlamps but the features list in the brochure doesn't mention its presence. Am I missing something here or is it that LED Projectors are standard? (highly unlikely to be).

They have corrected the LED projectors to Dual Split Headlamps. Maybe this will be introduced in ZXI+ with LED projectors and alloy wheels, who knows!
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:17   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Details of the new Smartplay infotainment system -
Wow, that's an impressive Infotainment system on a budget car like the WagonR. Will this product eventually make it into other Maruti models ????
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:19   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Wow, that's an impressive Infotainment system on a budget car like the WagonR. Will this product eventually make it into other Maruti models ????
The same Smartplay studio system is confirmed for the upcoming Baleno facelift as well.
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:24   #179
BHPian

Just like Santro, the Wagon R top variants are priced heavily. Almost 6.5 lacs on-road for the Z AMT variant. Ignis is generally available with good discounts and the Zeta AMT should not be too far. Ignis is also better equipped (minus the touchscreen system).

Will this make people consider Ignis now?
Old 23rd January 2019, 19:36   #180
BHPian

CNG Later
But NO LPG

The company has announced that a CNG version will be introduced at a later stage. That said, the manufacturer has dismissed the possibility of the introduction of an LPG option.

Quote:
on the sidelines of the new model's launch, Mr C V Raman, Senior Executive Director (Engineering), Maruti Suzuki India Ltd said -

We are working on the CNG version. I will not be able to tell you a definite launch timeline but we are definitely working on it. There is no merit of having an LPG (variant).
Source
Closed Thread

Most Viewed