re: Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs

Is the 1.5P 3 cylinder?
Old 16th March 2019, 21:31   #152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
Is the 1.5P 3 cylinder?
I think it’s the same dragon series engine and AT transmission that is available with Ecosport. So it is a three cylinder engine.
Old 17th March 2019, 10:37   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Also asked him about this and he says a top end AT will not have takers for that price.

The market is moving towards AT and it looks like nearly every manufacturer is realising that, apart from few who want to shoot themselves on the foot.
Rant starts

Ford had a wonderful chance to enter a segment which is filled with AMTs to bring a well priced full spec car with good engine and AT. Instead they bring the penultimate model in with 2 airbags, remove Android Auto and Carplay, which has become a deal breaker for many at a price where Baleno CVT and i20 CVT are operating with monthly sales dwarfing Fords annual sales. As of now, I don't think this car will be able to cross 20k mark before the end of the year.

Freestyle Titanium+ AT has potential to become one of the best overall cars. GC that our bad roads in the city require, AT and compactness that our traffic requires, space, engine, looks, not too difficult to maintain, but the car is vaporware as of now, and only in exists in minds of few dreamers.

Maybe they are too scared to go near Ecosport Trend AT price, but if better sense had prevailed they would not have sent customers to someone else's showroom, and could have offered the market something unique.

Ecosport is already suffering under the intense competition from Nexon, Brezza, XUV300 (whose AT is expected soon), WRV (which has stubbornly not being launched in AT too).

Its time Ford trusted some other members of the showroom to bring in some sales too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar21 View Post
The Ecosport is the first available option with all airbags and an auto.
You have also forgotten i20 Asta (O) CVT. Maybe that might fulfill your criteria.
autorahul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 11:08   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
The market is moving towards AT and it looks like nearly every manufacturer is realising that, apart from few who want to shoot themselves on the foot.
While I don't disagree on the lack of android auto or apple carplay- It's also worth noting that the Figo AT may mechanically be the best choice, atleast on paper.

Figo AT has a silly 123ps from a 1.5 petrol + a solid old school 6 speed torque converter to match.

In comparison - Honda Jazz has a 90hp CVT, Elite i20 has a 82hp CVT and Maruti Swift has an 83hp AMT, Baleno the same with CVT. Only the Polo GT TSi comes close with 105ps, made much better by the 7 speed DSG transmission - but then, there is also the inherent reliability concerns, high purchase price and service costs.

Sad even Ford is not promoting this AT then!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th March 2019 at 11:14.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 11:18   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
While I don't disagree on the lack of android auto or apple carplay- It's also worth noting that the Figo AT may mechanically be the best choice, atleast on paper.

Figo AT has a silly 123ps from a 1.5 petrol + 6 speed torque converter.

In comparison - Honda Jazz has a 90hp CVT, Elite i20 has a 82hp CVT and Maruti Swift has an 83hp AMT. Only the Polo GT TSi comes close with 105ps, made much better by the 7 speed DSG transmission - but then, there is also the inherent reliability concerns, high purchase price and service costs.

Not to mention the ESP, TC and Hill Hold function, which only the Polo GT offers. For those who fear the uncertainty around the DSG reliability on the Polo and yet want a 'fun to drive' automatic, Figo AT will be the best choice. Jazz and i20 are not the best when it comes to the 'feel' of the steering wheel.
Guna is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 12:13   #156
BHPian

Autocar first drive review of the facelifted figo:

P.S: Confirms that the blu variant doesn't have the international spec suspension like the older figo s.

Last edited by Mukund : 17th March 2019 at 12:16.
Mukund is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 12:15   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Figo Blu has beefier anti roll bar like Old Figo S. But it doesn't get the lowered suspension. As per autocar, handling is not as sharp as Figo S.

Another interesting point I noticed in review is that new transmission has longer gear ratios for "efficiency". No wonder Freestyle had slower 0-100 timing. I expect new Figo diesel also to be slightly slower than the old one.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-411970

Video reviews :

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 17th March 2019 at 12:29.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 12:47   #158
BHPian

Quote:
It's also worth noting that the Figo AT may mechanically be the best choice, atleast on paper.
Its not only on paper, it actually is. Ecosport got well deserved praise for its 1.5AT. And that is exactly what my point was. Ford had a chance to sway people with complete package, even more if they got this trim available on Fresstyle, but what they will instead get swayed by is the gadgets on Baleno and i20. Just look at Aspire, how many have bought it ahead of similarly priced Amaze, Baleno, i20, Dzire with less powerful engine and options of either CVT/AMT. Even Brezza and Nexon AMT are in the same price margin too.
Quote:
I don't think Ford is very interested in promoting it, which is the crux of the problem. When Maruti, Hyundai, Honda came with automatics, internet was flooded by their reviews. Even now, a year after its launch, there are no reviews of Aspire AT available from any recognised publisher, let alone big ones. And today as reviews of Figo start to come, I am presuming review units of Figo AT would not have been made available. Getting the Aspire AT for test drive is also a task.
Contrast this with Ecosport, whose AT was made available for review, and whose TD vehicle is also quite commonly available.
Figo 1.5 S AT was the hot hatch that Ford should have positioned. Instead the hot hatch is 1.2 engine MT, which while decent is just upto the levels of Hyundai and Maruti's 1.2

I am not disappointed in the car, but as someone who had asked friends asking for recommendation to wait for this car, I am more disappointed in Ford, for its positioning of the car and for its strategy especially with AT.
autorahul is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 15:01   #159
BHPian

Any detailed reviews on the 1.5 dragon-TC unit? It would be really helpful.
Old 17th March 2019, 19:18   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

PowerDrift Video Review

Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 14:08   #161
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs

Had called the Pune dealer for a test drive of AT. His comment was: the manual demo car itself is still not available for test drive, Automatic may come even later! What's wrong with FORD?
Old 18th March 2019, 14:11   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
You have also forgotten i20 Asta (O) CVT. Maybe that might fulfill your criteria.
Hummm, when i checked on the hyundai website/brochure, they didn't have the automatic in the trim with the 6 airbags. That coupled with the fact that
i've driven a friend's pre owned i20 auto that has run ~80K and didn't really enjoy driving it( no doubt it has aged really well) meant that i did not step in to the showroom.

If they do have one - yes, will be there on the list.

Cheers!
Old 18th March 2019, 14:26   #163
BHPian

Quote:
While I don't disagree on the lack of android auto or apple carplay.
Is there a way wherein one could pay for it to get it installed?
nitinhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 14:44   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Is there a way wherein one could pay for it to get it installed?
Yes, pay and upgrade to Freestyle T+. You get a brown dashboard as a free gift from Ford.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 14:52   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Yes, pay and upgrade to Freestyle T+. You get a brown dashboard as a free gift from Ford.
I am looking for an AT dude!
nitinhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks