Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2019, 14:00   #46
BHPian

re: Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs

"We can now confirm Ford’s slick Sync3 infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay will be given a miss"

I don't understand this above statement. Any clue why?
Old 10th March 2019, 14:26   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
.... Any clue why?
Differentiation with Freestyle, best guess, alongwith the additional safety kit on the T+.

The two cars are too similar to sell on their own otherwise.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 17:02   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Differentiation with Freestyle, best guess, alongwith the additional safety kit on the T+.

The two cars are too similar to sell on their own otherwise.
Strange, isn't Android Auto and Apple CarPlay an important feature of an infotainment system? Hope it's not the case for top end AT. I would definitely like to have it.

Just an inquisitive query: How does this 1.5L petrol AT compare with the 1.2L Turbo petrol VW GT TSI?

Last edited by nitinhegde : 10th March 2019 at 17:18.
Old 10th March 2019, 20:52   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
...Just an inquisitive query: How does this 1.5L petrol AT compare with the 1.2L Turbo petrol VW GT TSI?
The 1.5 NA Dragon motor is peppy and the 6-speed TC auto-box robust and reliable (drives very well in the Aspire, nearest available reference point), and that combo in a small hatch would make a great package around 9L-ish OTR (Bangalore prices), but the TSi motor and the DSG are in a different league tech-wise (so is VW build quality), though the 7-speed DSG has never been considered robust.

Judging solely by powertrain, the Figo AT will arguably be the best automatic hatch south of 10L surrounded by jerky AMTs and whiny CVTs (Ford will probably include hill-launch assist and ESP too) , though there are better choices if space, in-cabin features and 'premium-ness' are factored in.

Competent choice, and one I'm considering seriously. I can live without fancy, expensive gizmos. Less stuff to go wrong or cost a kidney to replace if broken

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th March 2019 at 20:54.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 01:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
The Figo facelift. Pic credits : Mr Karthik Hegde .
I don't think the above pictured car is the one with 6 Airbag variant.

In the post https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4556465 there is a video of 2019 Figo TDCI Titanium Figo.

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-figo-interior.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
All about the updated FIGO revealed:

Link
So my wild guess is there is a Titanium + variant with 6 Airbags and Android Auto/Apple Car Play or to our utter disappointment Figo will be available only with 2 Airbags. Finger tightly crossed.

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 08:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

All the videos and pictures shared in this thread seem to be for the titanium version. Two airbags (grab handles on the door), that touchscreen seen on lower models of freestyle , 14" alloys. Freestyle in comparison gets more ground clearance,15" alloys & some decent safety kit (HHA,ESC,TC). Enough differentiation ? Maybe for enthusiasts but for general public except for the alloy, nothing else would matter much.

I guess since the automatic won't be able to make use of tax benefits(1.5L), Ford might keep the top titanium plus exclusive for AT with the sync 3 system (Apple carplay, android auto), 6 airbags, 15" alloys & the works. And this would definitely be priced above freestyle titanium plus petrol. Aspire is priced at 8.6 ex-showroom Bangalore, so Figo maybe priced closer, probably 8+ ex-showroom(due to better safety kit than Aspire). Not bad at all

A couple of things Ford should pass on to the freestyle from this Figo are :

1. The roof liner. Black one in freestyle makes it gloomy. The one on Figo looks better.
2. All black interior. The brown is not upto everyone's taste.
3. I know this ain't happening but the AT version would be great as well

Last edited by SoumenD : 11th March 2019 at 08:09.
Old 11th March 2019, 08:49   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I don't think the above pictured car is the one with 6 Airbag variant.

Cheers!
It isn't and there will be no Titanium (+) or Sync3 available on the Figo. Absence of Sync is disappointing as it was the feature that tilted the scales in favour of the Figo, when I was looking to buy a new car three years ago. At that time, even the i20 did not have voice commands for audio and telephony. But it probably makes sense economically as they can probably keep the price in check. Titanium+ variant of the outgoing Figo did not sell in good numbers either.

The variants of the Figo F/L are Ambient, Trend, Titanium and Titanium Blue. Titanium Blue will have black rooftop, 15" Alloys and 6 airbags.
skanchan95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 09:44   #53
BHPian

Quote:
The variants of the Figo F/L are Ambient, Trend, Titanium and Titanium Blue. Titanium Blue will have black rooftop, 15" Alloys and 6 airbags.
Titanium Blue never sounds like a nomenclature Ford has ever used. IMO, Blue refers to their CNG model as an added variant for the metros. Also considering all the other cars from Ford has got a Titanium +, chances are less likely that Ford will give it a miss. It is in fact the bells and whistles of Titanium +, that would bring in a marketing jargon or two to have their product stand out with few First In Class / Best In Class features against competition.

Cheers,
Vijay
vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 12:52   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If so, then I will be thoroughly disappointed. My hope was to get a All-Black interior Aspire which is not going to happen.

Then the hope was on All-Black interior Figo in Titanium+ trim. Android Auto and 15 inch wheels (out of factory) are a must.

Can't live with that dashboard top color of Freestyle.

So it is a bye bye to Ford.

NB: Our First generation Figo is turning 9 years next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Also considering all the other cars from Ford has got a Titanium +, chances are less likely that Ford will give it a miss.
A small ray of hope here and fingers tightly crossed.
Old 11th March 2019, 14:45   #55
BHPian

Quote:
It isn't and there will be no Titanium (+) or Sync3 available on the Figo. Absence of Sync is disappointing as it was the feature that tilted the scales in favour of the Figo, when I was looking to buy a new car three years ago. At that time, even the i20 did not have voice commands for audio and telephony. But it probably makes sense economically as they can probably keep the price in check. Titanium+ variant of the outgoing Figo did not sell in good numbers either.

This is indeed a big disappointment. If this is the case then I will give Figo a skip as I am looking for a fully loaded AT to be driven by me for 1-2 years then handed over to my wfie(Safety+Infotainment including the Sync3,android auto,carplay+peppy engine, good stylng is a must for me)

Quote:
The 1.5 NA Dragon motor is peppy and the 6-speed TC auto-box robust and reliable (drives very well in the Aspire, nearest available reference point), and that combo in a small hatch would make a great package around 9L-ish OTR (Bangalore prices), but the TSi motor and the DSG are in a different league tech-wise (so is VW build quality), though the 7-speed DSG has never been considered robust.

Judging solely by powertrain, the Figo AT will arguably be the best automatic hatch south of 10L surrounded by jerky AMTs and whiny CVTs (Ford will probably include hill-launch assist and ESP too) , though there are better choices if space, in-cabin features and 'premium-ness' are factored in.

Competent choice, and one I'm considering seriously. I can live without fancy, expensive gizmos. Less stuff to go wrong or cost a kidney to replace if broken
Looking at all the news that's flowing in, I maybe tilted towards VW GT TSI. If Figo AT doesn't come with all the bells & whistles then it maybe a lost cause(will set me back by ~2.5-3L more for the GT :()

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th March 2019 at 15:22. Reason: back to back posts merged.
Old 11th March 2019, 18:53   #56
Team-BHP Support

Launch around the corner, I'm hoping Ford makes up for all the reportedly eliminated features with some aggressive pricing. If this car lands in the vicinity of the Freestyle, it may not find a lot of takers except those with specific primary needs (mine's a decent engine + AT combo).
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 21:16   #57
Senior - BHPian

^^^
The most obvious question then is why no Freestyle + 1.5L + TC Auto?

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 21:31   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^

Regards
Sutripta
Beats me, would've been perfect for my needs! Lose the brown dash, give it 6 airbags and I would've bought one in the black shade for ~9.5-10L sticker price.

The Freestyle should've been a variant in the Figo line-up rather than a standalone model (like it is globally in the Ka+ Active avatar), they're fooling nobody by avoiding the Figo badging.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 21:33   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The 2019 Figo will be positioned below the Freestyle CUV, arrives at dealerships...
Am not convinced why a Figo Blu - which is supposed to be more fuel efficient or provide less running cost, sports a bigger tyre profile - the alloy wheel is a straight lift from previous Figo S? Again, blacked out ORVM while regular Figo gets a body colored ORVM.

In case you haven't noticed yet, a tighter wheel wheel (the tyre fill it up so well compared to the red Figos in the following posts. Pics from previous posts taken for reference.

Edit:: Just noticed it (Blu variant) also sports a black roof and NO chrome anywhere compared to the red ones. Neither in the bumper, around the fog lamps nor on the grill - a very typical "S" trait!!

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-f_2.jpg

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-f_6.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th March 2019 at 21:39.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 22:08   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Quote:
Beats me, would've been perfect for my needs!

I think the TC for 1.5 Dragon took some time to come by. Now it's clear that Freestyle will get one in its next iteration (and possibly a black dash). I wonder if they would do the same for the Ecosport though, if it sees another version that is!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks