Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2019, 22:43   #61
Team-BHP Support

re: Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
I think the TC for 1.5 Dragon took some time to come by. Now it's clear that Freestyle will get one in its next iteration (and possibly a black dash). I wonder if they would do the same for the Ecosport though, if it sees another version that is!
Not sure what you mean.

The 1.5 Dragon + TC autobox was launched with the refreshed Ecosport, then provided on the facelift Aspire, with the Freestyle launched in between given the miss, presumably because Ford was afraid of cannibalizing Ecosport sales if a fully-loaded Freestyle AT was nearly 3-4L cheaper than the Ecosport T+ AT variant.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th March 2019 at 22:47.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 22:53   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The 1.5 Dragon + TC autobox was launched with the refreshed Ecosport, then provided on the facelift Aspire, with the Freestyle launched in between given the miss,....

My bad!! Haven't been watching Ecosport updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
.... presumably because Ford was afraid of cannibalizing Ecosport sales if a fully-loaded Freestyle AT was nearly 3-4L cheaper than the Ecosport T+ AT variant.
Had the same thought when questioning the possibility. In any case, I believe now it's clear that the next version of Freestyle will have the TC.
Old 12th March 2019, 11:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post

In any case, I believe now it's clear that the next version of Freestyle will have the TC.
I doubt the Freestyle will get an auto variant. For the same reason the WRV doesn't get one - possible cannibalization of the higher segment car, as mentioned above by Chetan Rao.
nikipedia87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 18:37   #64
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift variant details

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

The Ford Figo facelift is likely to be launched sometime this month. It is expected to be offered in three variants - Ambiente, Titanium and Titanium Blu and with three engine options.

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-image2.png

The base Ambiente trim is likely to comes with a black grille, black ORVMs and fog lamp bezels as well as 14-inch steel wheels. The car could get black interiors with fabric upholstery, air-conditioning and front power windows. Safety features like dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, driver and passenger seat belt reminder and speed sensing auto door lock are expected to be offered as standard across all three variants.

The Titanium variant could get a silver grille with chrome surround, body-coloured electric ORVMs, front fog lamps with chrome bezels, rear defogger and 14-inch alloy wheels. Inside, it is likely to come with a height adjustable driver seat and adjustable rear seat headrests. It might get a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation. Other features include rear view camera, engine start/stop button, automatic climate control, multi-function steering wheel, rear power windows among others. The Titanium variant is likely to get Perimeter Alarm, while ESP, traction control and Hill Launch Assist could be available on the automatic version.

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-image1.png

The Titanium Blu trim is a new addition to the Figo line up. It comes with black grille and ORVMs, dual-tone roof, decals on the side and rear as well as blue fog lamp bezels. It is expected to be offered with 15-inch black alloy wheels. The interior of this variant is finished in a blue theme and comes equipped with rain sensing wipers, automatic headlamps, electrochromic IRVM and a leather wrapped steering wheel. Besides the standard safety features, the Titanium Blu is likely to be offered with side and curtain airbags.

The updated Figo is expected to come with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder Dragon Series petrol engine along with 1.5-litre petrol and diesel units. While the 1.2 petrol and 1.5 diesel engines are expected to be offered with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard, a 6-speed automatic transmission could be offered with the 1.5 petrol engine in the Titanium trim.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 16th March 2019 at 11:53.
TusharK is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 18:53   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The updated Figo is expected to come with a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder Dragon Series petrol engine along with 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol and diesel units. While the 1.2 petrol and 1.5 diesel engines are expected to be offered with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard, a 6-speed automatic transmission could be offered with the 1.5 petrol engine in the Titanium trim.
Thanks for sharing. Any news if the 1.5litre AT would be offered in Titanium Blu variant?
Old 12th March 2019, 19:03   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Am not convinced why a Figo Blu - which is supposed to be more fuel efficient or provide less running cost, sports a bigger tyre profile - the alloy wheel is a straight lift from previous Figo S? ...
So, Titanium Blu is the new 'S' spec on Figo. That's wonderful - those who couldn't manage to get hold of the Figo S can now happily buy the Blu, with the added safety of 6 airbags!!! That's quite a wonderful move by Ford. When the Figo S was launched, I was unhappy why it didn't sport 6 airbags - they have answered it now.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th March 2019 at 19:04.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 19:08   #67
Senior - BHPian

I just wish Ford had added the side and curtain airbags to the petrol automatic variant. Everything else that is in the Titanium Blu variant, we can either get it done at dealer level (alloys, decals, electrochromatic IRVM), after market (black painting, leather wrapped steering wheel), or live without the convenience (rain sensing wipers, auto headlamps). Only the side and curtain airbags are something that cannot be retrofitted, and cannot be compromised on.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 19:22   #68
BHPian

This means they don't have any infotainment on the base variant. I seriously hope they price the titanium variant really well to make it a steal deal. I've known Fords to have good vfm mid variants (earlier fiestas, figo and previous and current aspire and ecosport) and this doesn't have any. Figo could have a Trend plus sort of variant with at least a basic infotainment system, no push button start, body colored door handles and orvm, adjustable rear headrests, and the standard floppy key central lock without the need of a start stop button gimmick. Would have made a great VFM product/variant
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 19:22   #69
BHPian

New images of Figo by Ford India:
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20190312064554_2019fordfigofront1.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20190312064547_2019fordfigofrontside.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20190312064547_2019fordfigofront.jpg  

HarshGtR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 20:04   #70
BHPian

Quote:
2019 Ford Figo for India unveiled officially – Partners with Tinder ahead of launch
To create buzz around the launch event of Figo, Ford has partnered with Tinder. Ford says, “Ahead of the March 15th India launch, Ford Figo’s unique association with Tinder also demonstrates the ethos of the brand and its audience, who believe in living life on their own terms.” Tinder users have to swipe right, on seeing Figo in their app. Lucky winners will get an all-expenses-paid date night and feature in a video with the new Ford Figo.

“The New Figo is made for those who don’t follow the crowd and are smart to make their own choices. Our association with Tinder not only communicates what Figo stands for but also reach the target audience in most effective, fun and engaging manner,” said Rahul Gautam, vice president, marketing Ford India.

“The Ford Figo is helping redefine how people view hatchbacks, while Tinder has changed the way that people meet and date around the world. Tinder has rapidly become a part of Gen Z popular culture and lifestyle. The partnership made sense to help unlock new experiences and spark new connections,” said Taru Kapoor, General Manager Tinder India.
Source.
Mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 20:23   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So, Titanium Blu is the new 'S' spec on Figo. That's wonderful - those who couldn't manage to get hold of the Figo S can now happily buy the Blu, with the added safety of 6 airbags!!!
If i am not mistaken, the 'S' variant had a firmer suspension, the ride was lowered and the driving dynamics were made sporty along with the cosmetic changes.
This Blu variant, however, seems to be just a cosmetic upgrade along with the 6 airbags which are much appreciated in this segment
r0nit7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 21:40   #72
BHPian

Does this mean there is no Android Auto and Apple Car play in the Figo facelift? I cannot find the mention of the same anywhere. Even AutoCar mentions that the feature has been given a miss. Hope there is a miscommunication from Ford's end. If not, then this must definitely be a bold move from the brand to skip the feature. May be to have even better differentiation from Freestyle? Am surprised why would they do so when even a Santro comes with one!
vshankarhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 00:53   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
If i am not mistaken, the 'S' variant had a firmer suspension, the ride was lowered and the driving dynamics were made sporty along with the cosmetic changes.
This Blu variant, however, seems to be just a cosmetic upgrade along with the 6 airbags which are much appreciated in this segment
Yep - the Figo S had a UK spec suspension. Did you not notice the 15" alloy wheels on Blu (while other trims have 14") - which is exactly the same design as the Figo S? That cant be a cosmetic update and it needs to come with compliant suspension tuning too. Check the lowered ride height too compared to other trims (red car) and how well the wheel wells are filled up in the Blu variant.

Now, someone who is quite close to the product responded to me that Blu indeed has the suspension from the S - and this has come as a response to your post.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th March 2019 at 01:01.
swiftnfurious is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 03:06   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshankarhere View Post
Does this mean there is no Android Auto and Apple Car play in the Figo facelift?
May be to have even better differentiation from Freestyle?
Yup, that seems to be the logic. For now.

Freestyle sells what 1k a month? This was an opportunity for Ford to do much higher numbers. But no, they have now given a reason for everyone to complain. Wise decision or not, time will tell.
Old 13th March 2019, 05:49   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simat View Post
Am I the only one to find the rear bumper of this facelift horrible looking? Ford has done something similar to what Hyundai did to Grand i10's bumper. Also, no LEDs for either head or taillamp, and no projectors either! Seriously Ford?
You are very correct. Ford Figo is a car which looks so impressive from the front and the moment it crosses you and lo and behold, it turns into a puny Hyundai Eon 😂. A similar feeling engulfs me when I see Maruti Suzuki S Cross, a massive, chunky, muscular and impressive front and a very very disappointing rear. Designers must take note of this design asymmetry, I consider it pure sacrilege.
wanderingwolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks