Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2019, 22:18   #91
BHPian

re: Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs

Is Ford not going to launch CNG in Figo?
I'm eagerly waiting for a good CNG hatch! Not at all interested in compact sedan segment and beige interiors!!
Old 13th March 2019, 22:51   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
I am puzzled by Ford's top most variant called Titanium Blu - While the base ambiente variant gets electric boot release, the top most variant misses on the awesome Sync 3 enabled touchscreen infotainment system.
Did Ford think that adding some decals and leather steering wrap will compensate for it? Android Auto and Apple Car play are now expected from top trims which come with touchscreen systems.
Common Ford - why make such blunders and lose out on sales.
Look at your competitors - Lesser power, lower build quality, but bang on features and feel good factor cabin and they are posting far higher sales numbers.
You badly need to hire some product planners.
Because Figo is likely to be positioned below Freestyle. If Ford gives Android Auto in Figo, it might affect Freestyle because then who'll buy Freestyle if you're getting almost all features in Figo in less price. Better safety kit, few more features and brown interior are differentiating factors here. This may also lead to better sales of Freestyle because people will anyway take a look at it once they're in dealership. If you want more features and crossover ish car, you can buy Freestyle while compromising on interior color. If you are in search of a performance hatch in budget and ready to sacrifice some comfort and convenience features, Figo is the one to go for. And if you want everything along with better boot space, Aspire is the option. So basically Figo will also help Aspire and Freestyle to boost their sales. Correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.
But we should wait for the launch and hope for the best.
HarshGtR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 23:25   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
Because Figo is likely to be positioned below Freestyle. If you want more features and crossover ish car, you can buy Freestyle while compromising on interior color.
If you are in search of a performance hatch in budget and ready to sacrifice some comfort and convenience features, Figo is the one to go for.
And if you want everything along with better boot space, Aspire is the option. So basically Figo will also help Aspire and Freestyle to boost their sales.
I know that buddy, however my post was targeted towards Ford taking a sensible decision:
1. Since Figo is positioned below Freestyle - Remove leather steering wrap, contrast roof, vinyl, auto headlamps & wipers, push button start, electric boot release and price the car such that it becomes a very attractive preposition to ignore.
2. Today people are able to add almost all the features of top variant to their variant aftermarket very easily.
3. I think Ford is the only manufacturer who offers push button start without passive key-less entry on Figo, Aspire and Freestyle.
4. The interior ambiance, instrumentation and that horrible brown colour on dashboard of Freestyle, bland tail lamps and headlamps all point being out of tune of market trends, or a bid to compensate for better build quality and powerful engines.

So net I am saying is either deliver a punch on price or on features and performance. This confused mix and match is not going to jingle their cash counters much.

Last edited by PraNeel : 13th March 2019 at 23:26.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 00:19   #94
Team-BHP Support

It's turning into an anti-climactic, anti-cannibalization exercise at Ford's product planning department. First rob Freestyle of AT to protect Ecosport, then rob Figo of features to protect Freestyle.

They may end up selling none of them in good numbers. Ecosport is under pressure, Freestyle only sells ~1000 copies a month, and Figo has an uphill battle from the pre-facelift dud. Why not go all guns blazing Ford, what have you got to lose?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 07:17   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
They may end up selling none of them in good numbers. Ecosport is under pressure, Freestyle only sells ~1000 copies a month, and Figo has an uphill battle from the pre-facelift dud. Why not go all guns blazing Ford, what have you got to lose?
I agree! Wish they were brave enough to ignore the overlaps and provide the best options for each of their models. I mean, you have a (relatively) powerful 1.5AT but it won’t have 6 airbags! And then your top-of-the-line variant have 6 airbags but no ESP. They finally got it right for the Ecosport (with the facelift), why not for other models as well?
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 07:28   #96
BHPian

Figo detailed in RushLane Article.

Color options: Black,white,grey,red,silver,gold and blue. And the Blu edition will be available in white,grey and silver with dual tone roof. Irony is Blu won't be available in blue.

https://www.rushlane.com/2019-ford-f...-12300873.html

Last edited by HarshGtR : 14th March 2019 at 07:29. Reason: Adding one more point.
HarshGtR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 11:22   #97
BHPian

A great car with an awesome diesel and lots of equipment. But a dealbreaker would be the interiors. If the Freestyle is anything to go by, the Figo has lost the plot (with respect to interiors alone) to Maruti and Hyundai already. Ford should really spruce it up.
Old 14th March 2019, 11:28   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balderash_12 View Post
A great car with an awesome diesel and lots of equipment.
Don't forget, it has a powerful petrol automatic too. This engine was already a hoot to drive on the Aspire. Now on the lighter Figo, it would be even better.
Old 14th March 2019, 11:32   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
Don't forget, it has a powerful petrol automatic too. This engine was already a hoot to drive on the Aspire. Now on the lighter Figo, it would be even better.
Oh yes! I forgot to mention the AT! Thank you. Bye bye troublesome DCT! However, for the enthusiaists, the DCT would be undoubtedly better. Does the Figo AT come with ESP and hill-hold? The Ecosport AT and the Aspire AT do. I hope Ford will introduce these very important safety features in the MT also as the Freestyle has it.

Last edited by balderash_12 : 14th March 2019 at 11:49. Reason: Removing Hardcore enthusiasts to avoid confusion
Old 14th March 2019, 11:42   #100
BANNED

Quote:
However, for the hardcore enthusiaists, the DCT would be undoubtedly better.
I am actually getting confused by this part. Are you mentioning hardcore ‘technology’ enthusiasts? As far as my brain understands and interprets, convenience of driving cannot be associated with driving fun. May be the description of fun is different for everyone. For me a MT is always fun, it may be slower to shift, but the control I have over the car is much higher in an MT. ECU controlled rev matching will be more perfect, but won’t be fun in my opinion. I don’t know in future if people will consider a driverless car as ‘more fun’ as it would be even more convenient. 1.5 petrol with an MT would have been the correct candidate for the Figo S in my opinion.

Last edited by pavi : 14th March 2019 at 12:01.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 11:48   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I am actually getting confused by this part. Are you mentioning hardcore ‘technology’ enthusiasts? As far as my brain understands and interprets, convenience of driving cannot be associated with driving fun. May be the description of fun is different for everyone. For me a MT is always fun, it may be slower to shift, but the control I have over the car is much higher in an MT. ECU controller rev matching will more extreme perfect, but won’t be fun in my opinion. I don’t know in future if people will consider a driverless car as ‘more fun’ as it would be even more convenient. 1.5 petrol with an MT would have been the correct candidate for the Figo S in my opinion.
I do not mean “absolutely hardcore” enthusiasts, just your regular enthusiasts. I will edit the post.
Of course the MT is more fun any day but it is mated to a lame 1.2L engine (I’m referring to the pre-facelift model). Only the DCT was mated to the 1.5L engine. If only Ford listened to you and me...
Old 14th March 2019, 12:13   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
The suffix Blu is creating confusion.
It clearly stirred a lot of confusion within me as well. Until I came to learn that Blu is the Signature equivalent of Ecosport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Now, someone who is quite close to the product responded to me that Blu indeed has the suspension from the S - and this has come as a response to your post.
What I learnt was quite the otherwise. The Blu is nothing more than a cosmetic and safety upgrade from the Titanium which is more of a Titanium+ & Signature merger from an Ecosport. However, let's wait for official reviews to confirm what's authentic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The Blu get side & curtain airbags in addition right? The base trim gets 2 airbags as standard?
Yes that's correct. 2 airbags standard across variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Is Ford not going to launch CNG in Figo?
I'm eagerly waiting for a good CNG hatch! Not at all interested in compact sedan segment and beige interiors!!
I heard it might come out eventually for the metros.

Quote:
Does the Figo AT come with ESP and hill-hold? The Ecosport AT and the Aspire AT do. I hope Ford will introduce these very important safety features in the MT also as the Freestyle has it.
Yes, ESP, TCS, and Hill hold are part of standard equipment in the AT.

Cheers,
Vijay
vvijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 12:13   #103
BHPian

Brochure scans leaked via Rushlane
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-2019fordfigobrochurespecsvariantsindialaunchprice7.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-2019fordfigobrochurespecsvariantsindialaunchprice6.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-2019fordfigobrochurespecsvariantsindialaunchprice5.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-2019fordfigobrochurespecsvariantsindialaunchprice11.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-2019fordfigobrochurespecsvariantsindialaunchprice10.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-2019fordfigobrochurespecsvariantsindialaunchprice9.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-2019fordfigobrochurespecsvariantsindialaunchprice4.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-2019fordfigobrochurespecsvariantsindialaunchprice8.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-2019fordfigobrochurespecsvariantsindialaunchprice3.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-2019fordfigobrochurespecsvariantsindialaunchprice2.jpg  

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-2019fordfigobrochurespecsvariantsindialaunchprice1.jpg  

mayanksabharwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 13:14   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanksabharwal View Post
Brochure scans leaked via Rushlane
Looking at the list:
-Ambiente is the aggressive priced base variant which features the basics
-Titanium is the very VFM variant.
-Titanium Blu has all the bells and whistles and best-in-class safety features.

However, one thing that has me very irritated is that the AT has not been offered in the top-end! Why Ford?
Consider this:
- Only the top-end MT has 6 airbags
- Only the AT has ESP, TC and HA
Maybe the city buyer will take the AT, but for the highway, the electronic kit and 6 airbags are equally important. At least in diesel there is no choice, but the petrol buyer will be in a quandary for sure
Old 14th March 2019, 13:36   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Figo media drive in Jodhpur,

Scoop! Ford Figo facelift spotted. EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 5.15 lakhs-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks