Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2019, 10:37   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

The Super variant seems to be very well loaded with cruise control, 10.4 inch touchscreen, cornering fog lamps, rear camera, etc. The only thing it is missing that is truly valuable IMO are the side airbags and the remote car operation gimmick is a nice party trick to have.

It would be truly good value if the Diesel Super variant was launched at 12.99 ex-showroom.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 1st June 2019 at 10:40.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 17:49   #632
BHPian

re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Hello friends,

Am new to writing in this forum, though have been an avid follower of Team BHP for past decade or so.

I currently own a 1.3 Punto and obviously love my machine. Actively looking for a replacement soon which matches the drive and handling quality. Petrol auto is my preferred option due to Govt's ongoing canvassing against Diesel cars. Tried out XUV500, but found the interiors to be very plastic. Plus it's petrol option appears to be a non starter. Compass seemed like a good choice but I am unable to still trust Jeep's long term commitment for India. Also its Petrol AT mileage appears very disheartening. Hector appears to be a good choice.

How many showrooms and workshops are they planning to have in NCR? Also, is Petrol Hybrid AT planned for the near future?
Old 2nd June 2019, 11:41   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
Hello friends,

Am new to writing in this forum, though have been an avid follower of Team BHP for past decade or so.

Petrol auto is my preferred option due to Govt's ongoing canvassing against Diesel cars.
Compass seemed like a good choice but I am unable to still trust Jeep's long term commitment for India. Also its Petrol AT mileage appears very disheartening. Hector appears to be a good choice.
Welcome to the forum! The class of vehicles you're looking at, i.e. "proper" SUVs, are commonly sold with diesel engines. Due to their bulk none of these vehicles are going to have petrols giving good mileage, especially in the auto variants. It seems you don't need 3 rows of seats since you're looking at the Compass so do drive the Creta auto. If you go a segment lower then you have more options like the Nexon, Venue and the Ecosport with diverse gearboxes, the AMT, DCT, and TC, respectively, and equally diverse engines. They'll also seat 5 and give you decent ground clearance. What you will miss out is the availability of 4x4 but that's a very unique requirement.

Last edited by Iyencar : 2nd June 2019 at 11:43.
Old 2nd June 2019, 13:36   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

MG showroom coming up on Outer Ring Road Bangalore near KR Puram. Good location. Flanked by Honda,Hyundai, Renault on one side and VW, Skoda and Ford on the other.

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_20190602_124407.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 14:01   #635
Distinguished - BHPian

And one coming up opposite Barbeque Nation on JP Nagar Ring Road. This road is becoming a hub, with Ford, Nexa, Renault already there. Jeep, Hyundai and Maruti not far off from these dealerships.

A pic of the upcoming MG Rover showroom @ JP Nagar, Bangalore:
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-fullsizerender7.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd June 2019 at 17:32. Reason: Posts merged on request.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 10:30   #636
BHPian

Received this invitation for Pune.

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-mg.jpeg
nitinhegde is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 13:12   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

As bookings open online tomorrow(for the SUV will officially begin at 12pm on MG’s India website) , ACI reveals its dealerships across India,

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-2.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd June 2019 at 13:13.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 15:19   #638
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As bookings open online tomorrow(for the SUV will officially begin at 12pm on MG’s India website) , ACI reveals its dealerships across India,

Attachment 1881407

Attachment 1881406

Link
Does Autocar do this for every manufacturer ? They seem to be making advertorials without clearly stating this!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 15:25   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
And one coming up opposite Barbeque Nation on JP Nagar Ring Road. This road is becoming a hub, with Ford, Nexa, Renault already there. Jeep, Hyundai and Maruti not far off from these dealerships.
That makes it 3! I think Bangalore will get atleast 4-5 showroom! 2nd one is at ORR near Kammanahalli. These guys look damn serious unlike someone say Isuzu or even Jeep for that matter. Unknown brand single product that too costing 18-20 lac upward and the number of showrooms they are planning is just wow!
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 15:55   #640
BHPian

In Delhi, the MG showroom is coming up right next door to the Delhi Ford showroom in Safdarjung Enclave (Africa Avenue).
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 11:31   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
Received this invitation for Pune.

Attachment 1881359
Any idea if they have similar opening in Gurgaon also, might go and visit them in that case.
Old 4th June 2019, 12:11   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
That makes it 3! I think Bangalore will get atleast 4-5 showroom! 2nd one is at ORR near Kammanahalli. These guys look damn serious unlike someone say Isuzu or even Jeep for that matter. Unknown brand single product that too costing 18-20 lac upward and the number of showrooms they are planning is just wow!
I have already mentioned in this thread that Bangalore has 5 sales outlet, it will be managed by Jubilant group.
Old 4th June 2019, 12:24   #643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Any idea if they have similar opening in Gurgaon also, might go and visit them in that case.
They have two showrooms in Gurgaon, which I am aware of:

One is in MGF Metropolis Mall on MG road (Showroom is ready, but display cars were not there till 2 days back when I went there). It is possible that this showroom may be ready today with display cars at the same time today as the launch (post 5pm).

The other one which is their flagship showoom and their own head office at Milestone Experion centre (32nd Milestone) on NH8 , Sector 15.

Last I visited this around 10 days back, it looked that it needed some 15-20 days of work till completion, but it is possible they would have rushed it to meet the launch deadline of today as this is a company flagship store and they would want it to be ready by the launch date (today).

Do let us know in case you are able to go to either of these today. In case I pass by any of them today, I will also share on the forum.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th June 2019 at 23:48. Reason: Spacing
Old 4th June 2019, 12:32   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Does Autocar do this for every manufacturer ? They seem to be making advertorials without clearly stating this!
Well, I saw them did this for Jawa and now for MG (assuming both are fresh brands). The list mentioned on their website is not complete, if it were an advertorial, why would they put out a partial list without giving out dealer contact numbers or dealership names?

Seems like a pure editorial piece to me because most of the points I mentioned above are missing from that story.

I think its a good idea to have such stories and have readers well-informed, and also beating the manufacturer reveal the "official list" by a day.
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 12:33   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
They have two showrooms in Gurgaon, which I am aware of:
One is in MGF Metropolis Mall on MG road (Showroom is ready, but display cars were not there till 2 days back when I went there). It is possible that this showroom may be ready today with display cars at the same time today as the launch (post 5pm).

The other one which is their flagship showoom and their own head office at Milestone Experion centre (32nd Milestone) on NH8 , Sector 15.
Last I visited this around 10 days back, it looked that it needed some 15-20 days of work till completion, but it is possible they would have rushed it to meet the launch deadline of today as this is a company flagship store and they would want it to be ready by the launch date (today).

Do let us know in case you are able to go to either of these today. In case I pass by any of them today, I will also share on the forum.
Behemoth, I can go to either, but will need to know before if the car is available for display. Any idea how one can know that. I am also registered on their website but I have not received any email as someone here did for Pune.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks