Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2019, 14:07   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs

Maruti Suzuki's Micro SUV on video:

Quote:
The most likely engine to be on offer is the 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder motor which does duty on many other Maruti Suzuki vehicles
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th August 2019 at 14:09.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 05:15   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Ankur for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Product / marketing brief that does lend some insight:

Quote:
Would like to share some information for Team-BHP readers regarding the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso MINI SUV. The details are a brief from a marketing company for launch of a vehicle / Teaser Campaign in the first week of September. The name of the car was not revealed and a dummy name was given in the brief, but the details are easy enough to guess its the S-Presso.

The dummy name of the car is "Echo".

Echo:

• Echo is an aspirational entry level vehicle with SUV-like design to appeal to young urban consumers.
• The High 6’s of the car:
o SUV inspired bold front fascia
o Dynamic center console
o Commanding high view (seating)
o Best in class ground clearance
o Enhanced 10+ Safety features
o Large cabin space

The Echo Positioning:
• Echo challenges the world of traditional entry level vehicles in India. It has a strong SUV-like design and clearly resembles the SUV the most in the entry level segment.
• In a segment obsessed with value for money and functionality, the ECHO is a car with a strong SUV-like design that helps people discover and explore new experiences in life.

• Campaign line: Live it up

COMMUNICATION CAMPAIGN THOUGHT (Live it Up):
There are these people who live their life in exciting ways. They travel to exciting places, experiment with new cuisines, look for opportunities to make their everyday look awesome. They are the ones who are admired by the rest and everyone wants to be like them, live like them. These people believe in making every moment memorable and living their lives to the fullest. Echo with an impressive design and personality, becomes a perfect enabler for such a life.

ECHO BRAND PERSONALITY:

• Echo has been inspired by the new youthful energy and drive for excitement in life.
• The raised and confident SUV like stance coupled with the muscular and sculpted arches, make Echo more rugged.
• Echo is all about discovery. It taps into the need to step outside our comfort zone, explore and gain exciting experiences that is not the usual.
• Along with the peppy engine and AGS, Echo is the perfect companion for those looking to constantly experience new things in life.

ECHO CONSUMER:

• The young Indian entry level consumer is changing. Gone are the days, when they looked at a car for affordability, value for money, maintenance and practicality. The young consumers are “Design-seekers”. Style and design are as relevant as functionality and utility.
• The ECHO consumer is a ‘design-seeker’ male, between age group of 26-35 years old.
• He is an aspirational buyer looking at higher segment cars with strong design proposition.
• He is Youthful, Stylish, Experimental in nature, with a Distinct personality. He seeks to project his personality and status through his car.
• He wants to enjoy life and is constantly discovering and exploring exciting experiences to break the monotony of everyday life.
• The key genres and affinities that interest him are:
o Entertainment (Pop Music, Dance-Bboying)
o Lifestyle (Fashion)
o Travel (Weekend getaway, Backpacking)
o Sports (Soccer)
• He seeks a car that would resolve the tension of lack of discovery in the entry-level segment. No other entry level car gives him a strong and rugged feeling that only ECHO gives.
• The key reason to consider ECHO is SUV-like design:
o Height of the vehicle: More height and high ground clearance
o Bold Front facia design: Aggressive, rugged macho SUV-like look

It was mentioned in the brief that the rival cars would be Hyundai i10, Tata Tiago and Renault Kwid.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 07:16   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I really hope that it comes with the 1.2L K series as mentioned in the report rather than the poor low end torque 1L engine. We did like the new Wagon R but will wait for the S-Presso.
This is one of the greatest mysteries of life. In the Wagon-R that was recently launched by Suzuki in India, the 1.2 L version actually does not sell much. The 1.0L version rules the roost as per information from Suzuki. So, I have no high hopes for a bigger engine for a car which is essentially a redesigned Hustler which incidentally has a 660cc engine.
Carma2017 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 07:29   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
This is one of the greatest mysteries of life. In the Wagon-R that was recently launched by Suzuki in India, the 1.2 L version actually does not sell much. The 1.0L version rules the roost as per information from Suzuki. So, I have no high hopes for a bigger engine for a car which is essentially a redesigned Hustler which incidentally has a 660cc engine.
Ok. Thanks for the heads up that it's indeed based on Hustler. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki...er?wprov=sfla1 ).
We will definitely see changes to the headlights, plus engine and tyres. Can't they use the F8 engine that's BS6/BS6 ready launched with new Alto? This engine is anyday better than the 1.0L K series engine.

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190823073048__01.jpg

Last edited by BoneCollector : 23rd August 2019 at 07:31.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:55   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki S-Presso launch on September 30, 2019.

- New Maruti hatchback will debut the BS6-compliant version of Suzuki's K10 1.0-litre petrol engine.

- Will likely co-exist with the Alto K10 though the new model could be priced slightly higher

Quote:
The new S-Presso will be the first recipient of the carmaker's upgraded and BS6-compliant 1.0-litre petrol engine. The engine will subsequently be rolled out on to other models like the Celerio and Wagon R. Maruti has already updated its 0.8-, 1.2- and 1.5-litre petrol engines to BS6-spec well before the emission norms come into effect on April 1, 2020.
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20190823024846_marutispressspiedrear.jpg

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20190823024432_marutispressspiedfront.jpg

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20190823024436_marutispressspiedside.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd August 2019 at 15:01.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 15:09   #66
BHPian

While the scoops and the auto expo display cars will look modern and futuristic, the retail version will have the following.

1. Tyres and wheels from the K10 (the same puny ones)
2. Power window switches (if they do offer them) that are used in the entire range
3. Wafer thin body panels that will put some previous gen altos to shame
4. Same old jerky AMT
5. Pull type door handles (Please prove me wrong here Maruti)
6. Hard plastic dashboards that looks like they are moulded at a local injection moulding shop
7. Old stick type door locks.
8. Seat thickness that will put a size 0 model to shame
9. Steering wheel borrowed from the Alto
10. HU and speakers that sound worse than those sourced from a local shop.
11. Not more than 2 airbags
12. Fixed headrests all around.
13. Bumpers and door panels that are no stronger than my pinky finger.

Things it will definitely command
1. Premium image as claimed by Maruti
2. Unjustified higher price tag
3. Waiting periods (we buy anything and everything sold by Maruti)
4. SUV tag

Last edited by racer_ash : 23rd August 2019 at 15:11.
racer_ash is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 23:01   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
5. Pull type door handles (Please prove me wrong here Maruti)
Do you mean flap type? Like current Alto? Thats what I'm expecting. Pull type is not Premium. Thats luxury .

All other points you mentioned are .
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 23:15   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Ankur for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
Looks like an 'Old Spice' and 'Pulsar' ad to me. This 'Dinky Toy' can cater to both sexes; but Maruti wants to inject some 'testosterone' into this!!

Last edited by Aditya : 26th August 2019 at 08:05. Reason: Quote text trimmed
Durango Dude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 04:44   #69
Senior - BHPian

What's up with all talk of revolutionary entry level vehicle with flap type door handles? That part must be the cheapest ones change to make a revolutionary design.
Old 24th August 2019, 05:57   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Do you mean flap type? Like current Alto? Thats what I'm expecting. Pull type is not Premium. Thats luxury .

All other points you mentioned are .
Ofcourse. What was I thinking. Base variants will even have black flap type door handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Product / marketing brief that does lend some insight:
Looks like one of those profiles that the FBI comes up with to narrow down their suspect list.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI_method_of_profiling

Words like 'Strong' and 'Rugged' dont suit entry level Marutis. Whom are they kidding. They can instead be termed 'Tinny' and 'Rattly'.

If only Maruti uses the money in coming up with safer cars that are well put together instead of spending on dumb marketing strategies like this.

Sigh!!!Wishful thinking.

Last edited by racer_ash : 24th August 2019 at 06:01.
racer_ash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 09:50   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
If only Maruti uses the money in coming up with safer cars that are well put together instead of spending on dumb marketing strategies like this.
But every Maruti car is safer than a motorcycle as per the great RC Bhargava. So when compared with a motorcycle (I think he meant a Hero CD Dawn), Maruti is tough and strong.

But till the time there is a market for Maruti’s strategies, they are here to stay and be the market leader forever. Companies had to improve their products to achieve premium status, but Maruti achieved it with just a showroom name change. Ciaz is the best example, where Maruti proved there is no difference between their Arena and Nexa offerings.

Last edited by pavi : 24th August 2019 at 10:01.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 10:40   #72
Senior - BHPian

Another day, and another 'new' car from Maruti.
What is this, a boxy alto? Is the Ignis not a boxy alto or is it to big and premium that they need something smaller.

Anyhow, I ve lost count but I hope Maruti realizes that there are infinite combinations that they can come up with given the absolutely massive parts bin at their disposal. Does not mean , they should come up with it.
Old 24th August 2019, 21:33   #73
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki knows exactly what Indians want. And I think they are ahead of the game here as well. India's urban youth in congested cities does not want bigger cars for proving their worth anymore. They want cars with personality, but with smaller footprint and all the gizmos. That is why Suzuki is bringing Jimny to India. That is exactly the segment they are trying to tap with S Presso as well.
Old 25th August 2019, 21:03   #74
BHPian

"Best in class ground clearance"? I believe the Kwid has the best in class GC at the moment and that stands at 180mm, if I'm not wrong. That already sounds a little too high. Anything more than that and the car's ride and handling will be messed since the wheelbase obviously wouldn't be a lot either.
Old 25th August 2019, 21:13   #75
BHPian

The car does look alittle comic to me. I'm sure this car will be successful. They simply want to take market share of the Renault Kwid.

The maruti badge and the 'SUV' status (i personally feel attacked that this word is being abused terribly) will bring in potential buyers. Don't forget that most people in India look for small cars (for tight parking spaces), a car that provides loads of mileage (the light weight will definitely help).

There is a possibility that Uber/OLA cab drivers might also purchase this car besides alto 800.

I have a feeling that under the covers, the car will inturn look like a cute micro cladded car. I hope it ain't an eyesore. It some what follows the blunt design like the new Wagon R.

I don't expect it to be a safe vehicle but a car easy to drive around the city.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks