Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2019, 00:13   #151
BHPian

re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Not sure whether it is because of the angle of the photo but this rear end styling looks very odd. Would reserve my comments till I get to see better photos, but as of now looks like this Maruti "Spresso" has lost the battle of looks to Renault KWID.

Source : https://indianautosblog.com/maruti-s...t-time-p318398
I have only one word - YUCK! It looks more like an ugly quadricycle (like the Bajaj Qute) than an actual car. Wouldn’t want to be caught dead in that contraption!

The Kwid looks WAY better. Even the Alto 800 and K10 look a lot better than this!

Hats off Maruti, you’ve truly outdone yourselves this time!
Aaron:) is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 11:27   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure whether it is because of the angle of the photo but this rear end styling looks very odd. Would reserve my comments till I get to see better photos, but as of now looks like this Maruti "Spresso" has lost the battle of looks to Renault KWID.
When i first saw these images, i thought why is the Alto flying. It looks like alto rear hatch is attached to a new bumper panel. I'm not sure what Maruti is thinking these days, do they think buying cheaper cars doesn't entitle the customer any luxury (read safe and decent looking car).

Last edited by ampere : 12th September 2019 at 11:40.
Old 12th September 2019, 12:23   #153
BHPian

I believe the rear end would still look good in black though, where the plastic cladding would merge into the paint. The small tail lights would still be the design issue though.
Old 12th September 2019, 13:09   #154
BHPian

My god!
It is as if the designers were given a fixed quota of metal panels to use. As they started from the front and went towards the read, the quota was used up!

Case in point, bulky bonnet design but that rear hatch looks like it ends at the thigh level!
Old 12th September 2019, 15:28   #155
BHPian

Yuck! I thought the BMW i3 looked hideous (but later the design grew on me), but this one might take the world award for the "ugliest looking car".

What is Maruti upto anyway? It's like the designer was pissed off with the company and gave his canvas to his primary school kid, and the process was repeated by the approver
Old 12th September 2019, 16:02   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Yes, the car does look strange. And this would need an immediate wheel upgrade in form of alloys and wider tyres. That would definitely change its stance. Overall, can't comment much with just a few sets of snaps. Need to see in person or with much better snaps to say anything about it. As of now, this looks like a confused design.

And is it going to come with some other name? The name on boot space doesn't look like to be S-Presso.
Quoting my earlier post for this car. The design does look off but we still haven't got a clear high resolution image from all sides so I'll still not comment much. The tyres look puny and very thin, and a wheel upgrade may change its stance completely. But when I look at it as a city car, it might be good as a replacement for my Wagon R! The new Wagon R is wider than earlier (but has that gem of an engine 1.2L K series). This one aspect of width can be a deal breaker in tier 3 cities with narrow lanes and bylanes. This can be a good city round about for people looking at only a city car. So ideally we should wait for the launch.
Old 12th September 2019, 16:25   #157
Team-BHP Support

From these spy pics it looks really hideous. Looks like they took an Alto, stretched it from the lower half and named it SUV.

the huge bumpers, tall doors and the metal above the wheel just look so disproportionate.
Old 12th September 2019, 16:32   #158
BHPian

To me it feels like an Alto mounted on a ladder on frame chassis. But we can be sure to see it on Indian roads, as people tend to buy anything from Maruti stable
Old 12th September 2019, 16:57   #159
BHPian

Guess, the designer saw the Medplus ad where a Maruti 800 is jacked up after the customer gets 30% rebate in medicines. S-Presso is a jacked up Alto. Rear hatch, side profiles, windshield rake, tail lights are easy giveaways. Maruti has made less investment on the designs and stampings. High chances for the badging team to badge it Alto instead of S-Presso.

The posts right from #126 have to be moved to the Wierd and Wacky mods thread (Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!)

Kwid is the winner for sure in this battle.
Old 12th September 2019, 17:08   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Yes, Maruti, Please invest in this stupid car rather than focusing on the gems of your stable like the Swift Sport, Jimny, and maybe a true RS (read fake baleno RS).
Great Work, Maruti!!
Maruti would focus on the gems like the Swift Sport, Jimny and a true RS if the INR 5L budget, mango people like me had INR 15L to spend on a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
I have only one word - YUCK!
The Kwid looks WAY better.
Hats off Maruti, you’ve truly outdone yourselves this time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryaj View Post
I'm not sure what Maruti is thinking these days, do they think buying cheaper cars doesn't entitle the customer any luxury (read safe and decent looking car).
Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitkanrar View Post
Case in point, bulky bonnet design but that rear hatch looks like it ends at the thigh level!
Quote:
Originally Posted by govindremesh View Post
What is Maruti upto anyway? It's like the designer was pissed off with the company and gave his canvas to his primary school kid, and the process was repeated by the approver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
From these spy pics it looks really hideous. Looks like they took an Alto, stretched it from the lower half and named it SUV.
C'mon guys, there isn't a single clear picture available and we have started bashing the design based on the camouflaged pictures, spy pictures and the render. Surely, it ain't gonna win any beauty contests, everyone knows that but calling it ugly even before clear pictures are out is bit immature I feel.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 17:09   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure whether it is because of the angle of the photo but this rear end styling looks very odd.
The full coloured top and the full black bottom on all sides to me looks like the car is going to go for a Monster Truck Rally on puny 13 inchers!

The car looks as if it's floating on a black bed.

Pretty bad design, even for Maruti's already mediocre standards. This screams "Wannabe Kwid"!
Old 12th September 2019, 18:26   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Maruti would focus on the gems like the Swift Sport, Jimny and a true RS if the INR 5L budget, mango people like me had INR 15L to spend on a car.
Cars like Swift Sport, Jimny will not only lift the, for the lack of a better word, "standard" of Maruti as a brand, but create more potential customers for the brand.
I mean, why else create NEXA? (that is a total different rant I can go on).
As the brand improves, so will its market share, and that will prompt Maruti to invest more in the company. I'm sure, Maruti, if in the future conquers 3/4th of the market, it'll definitely like to hold on to that share.
More investment = beter products.
So, ultimately, both purists and mango people will get cars that have quality at a cheaper price.
Old 12th September 2019, 19:19   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Cars like Swift Sport, Jimny will not only lift the, for the lack of a better word, "standard" of Maruti as a brand, but create more potential customers for the brand.
Lift the "standards" of brand Maruti? How so? Would you care to explain?

Let's go with the Swift Sport as an example, whose direct competition would be the GT TSi. On an average, 1500 Polos are sold in a month, let's assume 40% of them are GTs, which is about 600 cars a month. Do you think for a sales number of 500 units per month (which is 500 new, potential customers as per you), Maruti would invest millions in bringing the Swift Sport to India?

Quote:
I mean, why else create NEXA? (that is a total different rant I can go on).
This was the move that got in new, potential customers by the thousands.

Quote:
As the brand improves, so will its market share, and that will prompt Maruti to invest more in the company.
I hope we're talking brand Maruti here which has about 55% market share in India? Brand value improves when they bring new age technology and clever engineering to the mass market and not by launching cars that serve little purpose to a company's growth. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for high performance, enthusiastic cars (I've owned 2 Fords at the same time), but Maruti has ditched the 'performance' category a long time ago and they will not burn their hands with it in this day and age (read, market slowdown). Maruti will invest more in the company only to make Grand Alto, WagonR+, Baleno RS etc.

Quote:
I'm sure, Maruti, if in the future conquers 3/4th of the market, it'll definitely like to hold on to that share.
With other manufacturers exiting the Indian market every other day, who knows? Maybe Maruti will capture 3/4th of the share someday. But it will definitely not happen because of the cars like the Swift Sport and Jimny.

Quote:
So, ultimately, both purists and mango people will get cars that have quality at a cheaper price.
This statement is an oxymoron in Maruti's books. I assure you, it will never happen, atleast with Maruti.

Mods: Sorry for the OT post.

Last edited by Porschefire : 12th September 2019 at 19:21.
Old 12th September 2019, 19:22   #164
Senior - BHPian

Looks ugly from rear, Taillights seem to be from Baleno
Old 12th September 2019, 22:15   #165
BHPian

I hope that the title of the post is updated soon. This car has not got Alto branding anywhere. The new Alto is slated for 2021.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks