Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2021, 13:13   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostreichwein View Post
Had put in an inquiry on mail, and got a call back from Mody Skoda dealership in Bombay. The one they have in stock is the white coloured display vehicle at Bombay airport T2.
Was quoted an on-road price of ~ 40 lacs for this.
I also got a callback from the Corporate Presales team a short while ago.

However they mentioned that they are not aware of any VRS inventory lying around and I will have to contact the local dealer to find out more. So, I called up Pune dealer and the sales guy coolly informed that I have to first register an interest with Skoda India, after which they will begin discussions!

When I told him that I was routed to them from the Corp team, he simply said sorry sir, I can't help. Nothing more, nothing less.

Skoda

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th April 2021 at 14:27. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
JoshMachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 13:49   #317
BHPian

Posting from Kolkata - the SA just texted me "This is fake news Sir." We bongs have superb (no puns intended) confidence in what we say!
DrSumit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 14:06   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
Could you share what stories you heard? and also what all should we be carefull about. Would help lots of us looking for a vrs.

Thanks!!
I would not be comfortable sharing the stories I heard on a public forum without being able to verify them myself, that would tantamount to spreading hearsay. But, what I will say is this - JMD In Mumbai were the very first dealers (to my knowledge) to start offering very heavy discounts on cars that were lying in their stock for a long time, what is the reason for these cars lying with them and what is the reason they were the first to start offering the highest discounts in the country (that too in a city like Mumbai) is something you need to investigate yourself, that is the only caution I would advise. No other dealer was at that time, and maybe even now offering those kinds of discounts.

This also brings me to another point of careless journalism by the likes of Zigwheels and Autocar now to claim 8-10 lakhs of discounts when I know for a fact a friend of mine has been calling dealers all over India today and nobody is ready to offer these claimed discounts by these articles.

If this information is true and worth publishing to thousands of readers, where can they avail it from? Seems like some on this thread are also interested.
Very careless, and even if a deal or two has taken place out of desperation by some dealers and they come to hear of it, can this be spread as public knowledge, for what benefit? Please share information if it helps the wider public to gain something, since when did heresay become journalism?

After their current experiences, Skoda/VW would think a hundred times before getting another sports sedan with the more powerful and expensive 2L engine spec as the 245 is available now. So if you get a good deal, grab it, in a year or two, these cars could be rare to find, just like the GTI became after their last fire sale.
Reesnat is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 11:29   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Considering that the new Octavia is almost here and the vRS variant will follow, discount of 10 lacs on the unsold stock is actually not unrealistic.
Last year around November 2020, I heard about a handful of RS 245's still left because people had cancelled their bookings and this seemed like a perfect opportunity to replace my 10 year old Skoda Laura. But finding an RS245 is no easy task having experienced difficulty trying to bag one of the 2017 models, so my heart was set on the new Skoda superb.

The SGA Skoda dealer in my city are very kind a trustworthy (As trustworthy as car dealerships can be), and they asked me to wait for couple months because they were trying to secure an RS 245. Knowing for a fact that the next octavia RS coming to India is a much slower and much heavier PLUG IN HYBRID, I decided to wait.

I constantly followed up with the sales team about stock numbers and discounts, and they confirmed that 100% of rumours floating around of discounts are totally false and it is next to impossible to even find stock sitting around, much less get a discount.

Fast forward to Feb 2021, They had finally managed to bag a RACE BLUE RS 245 after much difficulty, and could offer me a discount of 3 lakhs. Finally got it delivered last week. Managed to haggle and get extended warranty for free, so at least the posts about people getting 8-10 lakh discounts were of some use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Dealers are currently offering discounts and benefits worth as much as Rs 8 lakhs on the Octavia RS245 unsold models in a bid to clear inventory.

Attachment 2141093

Source
viknb is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 11:42   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viknb View Post
Fast forward to Feb 2021, They had finally managed to bag a RACE BLUE RS 245 after much difficulty, and could offer me a discount of 3 lakhs.
Congratulations! Pictures please . Worthy replacement to your Laura.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 13:53   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Fast forward to Feb 2021, They had finally managed to bag a RACE BLUE RS 245 after much difficulty, and could offer me a discount of 3 lakhs. Finally got it delivered last week. Managed to haggle and get extended warranty for free, so at least the posts about people getting 8-10 lakh discounts were of some use.
Congratulations viknb!! Your story and mine are almost the same. Missed out on the Vrs 230 and got a discount of 7 lakhs in December In Chandigarh for a blue Vrs 245 but because of my own stupidity i lost that deal as someone else jumped on it (I thought the discounts would increase by March 2021 ). Continued speaking (desperately) to various dealers pan India from January to March 2021 but forget discounts increasing, dealers were giving no discounts at all. It seemed Skoda had exhausted most of the remaining stock of the vrs 245 and had a hand full of cars only for which they were in no hurry in selling them. The dealers said that Skoda had withdrawn all the support from their end and it was only the dealers giving whatever discounts they could from there end.

Finally On 9th April the Chandigarh dealer found the LAST BLUE VRS 245 in India and i took delivery yesterday on my mother's birthday - 26/04/2021. The discount i got was also 3 lakhs with maintenance package for free and 50% off on the extended warranty. Has been quite a journey with all the covid cases increasing and fear of lockdown. My navigation card was not activated as the SA said because of lockdown Skoda factory is closed and they cant do it. My SA has been honest and transparent throughout the journey so cant question her on that. The activation link received after registering by email on myskoda app is also not working. Any solution?

A question to all Vrs 245 owners

What all did you get for in the essential accessory kit?
I got front mud flaps, floor and boot mats, pillows and Skoda key chain for 7999.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs-20210426_101617.jpg  

Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs-20210426_111621.jpg  

Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs-20210426_122134.jpg  

Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs-20210426_122338.jpg  

Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs-20210426_162148.jpg  

Last edited by sambhav.jain : 27th April 2021 at 14:06.
sambhav.jain is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 14:15   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Congratulations! Pictures please . Worthy replacement to your Laura.
Thank you Sir. Here are a few pictures-
Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs-screenshot_20210410171622_whatsapp.jpg

Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs-snapchat997226411.jpg

Here he is with my Abarth.
Skoda Octavia RS 245 confirmed for India. Edit: Launched @ 36 lakhs-snapchat391027734.jpg
viknb is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 08:36   #323
BHPian

I don't understand one thing-

If Skoda has "officially" exhausted all RS245 stocks, and is not even supporting dealers anymore in offering discounts/arranging a car (as read above), why have they still kept the car listed on the website?

As is the norm, the moment a car is out of production and the stocks are exhausted, the car is listed off the company's official website, and the car is "officially" out of the market.

Doesn't seem the same is happening with the RS245. On one hand we have the company indirectly saying that they still have the car on sale, and on the other hand we have BHPians not being able to find a single piece pan India!

I for one would still be interested in having my hands on one, especially after the news of the plug-in hybrid VRS of the next generation.

Thanks.
Big Smoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 09:41   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
I for one would still be interested in having my hands on one, especially after the news of the plug-in hybrid VRS of the next generation.
Email or Tweet to Zac Hollis and request him to revert through your local Skoda dealer.
Old 28th April 2021, 11:28   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here he is with my Abarth.
Congrats for the VRS (VeRy special Skoda) Do let us know about your initial ownership experience and some more pictures. What's the final price you managed to bargain?

And with the Abarth for company, surely you have some hot wheels there!
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 12:56   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post

Thanks.
I totally understand your frustration.

My experience with the purchase has been completely bizarre. I For one went to the showroom last November to see the Superb l&k, not expecting anything else. I was excited when the salesman told me that there were a handful of VRS units available and I could get a VRS instead. They were very sure of being able to get me one. Naturally I was a bit skeptical but I decided to wait.

Throughout December and Jan, all communications with Skoda bore unfruitful, so I called a meeting with the salesman in February to finalise the booking of The Superb. He shows up to the meeting with a VRS brochure out of the blue having found me a Race blue RS 245 from the last shipment of cars that landed from Europe.

It was like one day they had no stock, and the next day they found one. It was clear that even Skoda had no proper knowledge of their stock numbers.

Some people who had enquired about a VRS from the website that I've spoken to have all told me that they were invited to the nearest showroom and shown the superb instead. Seems to me that they are using the hype around VRS and anticipation of stock still being around to lure people to their showrooms and then trying to sell them their other cars.

I might be mistaken but this is what it seems like to me.
viknb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 08:12   #327
BHPian

Congrats guys on the car!! Owning a CBU is special...

Octavia VRS 2021 I think is offered in 3 engines 1.5 TSI hybrid, 2.0 diesel and 2.0 TSI, we might get the 2.0 TSI only here right? Whenever it is launched maybe 2022.
vyasachetan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 10:51   #328
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations guys, indeed a good buy even at this time. Mod potentials are unlimited.
Have miles of safe driving.
Old 30th April 2021, 13:56   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Congrats guys on the car!! Owning a CBU is special...

Octavia VRS 2021 I think is offered in 3 engines 1.5 TSI hybrid, 2.0 diesel and 2.0 TSI, we might get the 2.0 TSI only here right? Whenever it is launched maybe 2022.
The new Octavia VRS 2021 does come with 3 engine options only in Europe and other countries, but they are specifically only bringing the 1.4 TSI hybrid model to India.

This was confirmed by Skoda when they announced the RS 245 last year as the last true petrol RS coming here. This is what sealed the deal when deciding whether to wait or get the current vrs.
Old 1st May 2021, 00:17   #330

Hello,
For the RS245, did you manage to sort out the issue with GPS navigation for the infotainment system?

Skoda has included a Navigation SD card, but it says 'Navigation data in the infotainment system is not valid' when I try to use the navigation feature. I've heard that the VW T-Roc and Tiguan allspace is facing similar problems as well since they are imported CBU units as well.

Please let me know if you have resolved this issue, Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks