Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2007, 13:16   #451
Senior - BHPian

Geek,
I meant the ZXi version with the 16s and the airbags and the steering stereo controls and the integrated audio and the ABS/EBD and climate control. MUL hasn't really been very lenient with the pricing when offering generous equipment levels or for that matter what it considers to be new technology. I expect them to charge a premium for their new M16A engine also, just like they are for the diesel engine.

Will the M16A also be built at Suzuki Powertrain plant at Manesar? Or will it be imported? Going by the dearth of DDiS powertrains already, I can start to imagine if they are going to be supplied with the M16A from the same plant. And if similar delays happen with the SX4, it will have negative impact.
Old 5th May 2007, 13:20   #452
Senior - BHPian

if i am not wrong, the initial engines for sx4 are imported. delays might be there but less than swift D i think. the talk going on is that zxi with full features except leather seats would be 8.2 on the road bangalore. have to wait and watch.
Old 5th May 2007, 13:22   #453
Team-BHP Support

If it touches 10L or even 9L then it will actually be competing with the corolla, optra, NHC VTEC, Cedia, new Elantra. looking at the pics of the car I dont think it can pull of the image of a 10L car. more in the verna, fiesta, aveo category definitely not higher.

The ZXi should be around 9ish onroad. definitely not more.

although ported what you say is true with their pricing of the Petrol swift ZXi with all bells and whistles and the diesel VDi premium for newer technology.
Old 5th May 2007, 13:23   #454
Senior - BHPian

Maruti cannot price the car in the region of 9 to 10 lakhs. No Maruti sells in that price band. The top end Zxi should not be more than 8 to 8.5 on road. The Vxi should be in the mid 7 lakh range . 9 to 10 lakhs could be another early Baleno days disaster and Honda will be smiling to themselves.
Old 5th May 2007, 13:27   #455
BHPian

I am also confused why MUL does not clearly articulate their plans, in one posts some MUL guy was quoted saying that they are pitching SX4 against fiesta, now we are talking of a 9L pricing. I think MUL should be very clear, they are not Toyota or a Honda which can make machines and sell them in the 10L range. This vehicle is their only hope and shall prove as a ladder for them for entering in to luxury car segment in the future, hence they should do whatever it takes to make this car a huge success, otherwise they might never be able to get out of their cheap car image

POGU
Old 5th May 2007, 13:31   #456
Senior - BHPian

Very nice pics and the car is going to awesome! I'd still like to see it in person to be sure if I like the looks and the quality of interiors etc. but it's going to be a great product for sure. Good job Maruti!

I think there is going to a tough fight between the SX4 and the Spark for this years Indian COTY. I'll put my money on the SX4.
Old 5th May 2007, 13:34   #457
BHPian

Just saw "The Car & Bike Show" on NDTV profit. He did a brief review of the SX4 ZXI. A few things I haven't heard on this thread before, but mentioned on the show:

- Optional leather seats on the ZXI.
- he said something like "ride and handling not as tall(??) as the NHC". Didn't refer to VTEC or non-VTEC. I'll await an official TBHP test-drive to comment on these aspects.

Mentioned that a more detailed review would be featured in the "forthcoming episode".

Thanks for the pics GeekSrik. I've been hearing about this car's BIG pricing from other sources too. I personally will no longer be interested if the ZXI works out to 9 or 10 L OTR, Bangalore - way out of my budget.
Old 5th May 2007, 13:34   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
I think MUL should be very clear, they are not Toyota or a Honda which can make machines and sell them in the 10L range. This vehicle is their only hope and shall prove as a ladder for them for entering in to luxury car segment in the future, hence they should do whatever it takes to make this car a huge success, otherwise they might never be able to get out of their cheap car image

POGU
MUL is selling diesel hatchbacks for 6L and getting away with it. And those don't include airbags or ABS or climate control. People are still picking them up in huge numbers. They are charging quite a premium for the Swift too. 5L for a hatch that still uses the G13BB and cheap interior build. Their cheap car image is limited to M800 and Alto and Esteem. They know for a fact that all they need to do is hark on their Service network and their MUL name, and people will lop them up at a premium.
Old 5th May 2007, 14:05   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
if i am not wrong, the initial engines for sx4 are imported.
Spot on. Ported the engines are imported from Japan. Localisation is on, so expect good things.

Also after looking at the pictures - I AM DROOLING. This has never happened with me for any MUL product. If the interiors are the way they look , the competition is going to get SMASHED.

the only thing that can stop this car now is the PRICE.

Come on MUL - take the bull by its horns. Price the ZXi at about 8 L on road and my Ford Ikon might just go on sale.
Old 5th May 2007, 14:11   #460
GTO
Team-BHP Support

MAN! Good job Geeksrik...whatta scoop with the detailed pictures. The car looks bigger than I thought and very modern. Especially like the loaded interiors.

Do update us on the test-drive....soon.
Old 5th May 2007, 14:19   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
these tv shows are so dumb,ive seen them praise worst riding car for its ride and mentioning things that doesnt even matter.To top it all they are as good in cars as a person who does not even know the ABC of cars.

A few months back, I think Times Now was doing a Lamborgini special and the "expert" decided to show us the interiors. He started talking and showing the electric seats in the Lamborgini saying how at the touch of a button the seats adjust forward and back.

Take a look at these camera phone videos:

Some very clear shots in the second video.

Last edited by amit : 5th May 2007 at 14:25.
Old 5th May 2007, 14:22   #462
BHPian

I dont know whom to trust here, autoshows are fraud and so may be car magazines. Although if you look till 10-11L range, the following cars get a 9 in autocarindia road test
1) Swift
2) Innova
3) CIVIC

Hope 4) is SX4
Old 5th May 2007, 14:24   #463
BHPian

Was just watching the "Car & Bike show" in NDTV. There was a quick preview of SX4. From the front it looks like the dreaded Indigo! Interiors look good though. The pricing is key. Between the two VXi and ZXi versions it should be ideally between 6.25 to 7.25 lacs. It may however find difficult to dislodge NHC from its pole position.
Old 5th May 2007, 14:27   #464
Senior - BHPian

NICE pics GeeK (although the reflections of wagonrs and estilos isnt doing any justice to the pics)

The exterior of the cars look great. The car looks like the perfect big brother of Swift (unlike the old Baleno).

BTW how was the rear legroom compared to NHC. From the pics it looks a tad less. I maybe wrong.

Last edited by DCEite : 5th May 2007 at 14:31.
Old 5th May 2007, 14:36   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
If the interiors are the way they look , the competition is going to get SMASHED.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Especially like the loaded interiors.
The interiors look swift-ish. Did i miss something ?
Quote:
BTW how was the rear legroom compared to NHC
He hasn't sat in the car, remember ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks