Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2007, 20:57   #316
Ram
Senior - BHPian

A ruffled sense of aesthetic proportion...

Friends:

Ram
Old 1st May 2007, 21:21   #317
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ram, that was neat work. Honestly the first pic looks much better. The A pillar just ruins the side view of the car. Infact the first one looks so neat you can mistake it for a Accord.
Old 1st May 2007, 21:24   #318

Absolutely !!! It always looked disproportionate from the sides in all the pics shown so far ....
Old 1st May 2007, 21:27   #319
Senior - BHPian

well well well

i come back home after a days outing and what do i find? two more pages of posts for the sx4. the action sure is hotting up. the only thing left to find is the directory listing for the sx4 website! i m sure maruti wont be foolish to upload all content already!!

way to go, now this is exactly how a car maker must behave. like all else.
Old 1st May 2007, 21:29   #320
Senior - BHPian

The first photo looks better without that kink. Makes the car look more aesthetic and aerodynamic, not to mention the appealing side view.
Old 1st May 2007, 21:31   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thanks Ram, that was neat work.

Agree wholeheartedly. That was some nice work there sir. Wonder why didnt they carry out minor tweaks like these to make it a whole lot more desirable?
Old 2nd May 2007, 04:28   #322
Senior - BHPian

The first pic definitely looks better but it is an entirely different car, because the A pillar has been repositioned, the A+ pillar which forms the door leading pillar is totally removed and that the front door housing position is also changed. Since all of these members are load bearing members, All this change wouldn't be possible without redesigning the entire monocoque. Given that the SX4 mainly sells as a hatchback and is common with Fiat Sedici, redesigning its shell for the sedan version would negate any benefits out of platform sharing.

However with a better product planning they could have envisaged that the SX4 hatch shape is actually to radical for it to be a sedan at the drawing board itself. But who cares, if the thing looks too radical, all that matters is how many sells. I dont think looks alone are a turn off for the buyers in this region otherwise that slanted H goldfish wouldn't have sold.
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:36   #323
BHPian

I agree with 1100D. Rams version looks really cool, in fact similar to most C-category sedans. But, the comparo shows that it would involve a complete re-design of the A and maybe the B pillars. However, there could be some improvement with just a redesign/stretching of the bonnet/front-end by a couple of inches - similar to what happened in NHC-ZX. Hope MUL plans a MMC by 2008.
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:47   #324
Senior - BHPian

mods

i suggest you rename the thread : "Coming up next S X 4", also i believe this thread must not go too much off topic if at all.
Old 2nd May 2007, 10:01   #325
Senior - BHPian

Certain quirkiness always helps. The first one is a little longer too and hence might look good.
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:05   #326
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
PS: Can the title of the thread be changed to "Baleno replacement - SX4 sedan to be released"
Done and Thanks. However, please use the "report this post to a moderator" linky since it will lead to a faster turnaround time.
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:14   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That would be too much to hope for, average Indian buyer wouldn't care hoots about ABS or EBD. When I recommended ABS option to my father-in-law, his reaction was he doesn't expensive fancy toys to jack up the cost. Most would see it as only expensive toys and nothing more, they would gladly give up seat belts if that saves some money.
My statement was based on the ggkg's assumption that MUL will price SX4 in the same level of NHC - one with ABS+EBD and the other with none of these. If we compare NHC GXi or may be VTEC and SX4 ZXi (supposedly), at the same price point people will have their hands on the expensive toys. Then I belive people will surely opt for the SX4 over NHC.

Anyway, the wait is really catching up with all . Eagerly waiting to have a TD ASAP.
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:17   #328
Senior - BHPian

It's unlikely MUL will manage the side facelift at all. They will not go to the trouble of manufacturing new dies for the side panels and doors.
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:20   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Certain quirkiness always helps. The first one is a little longer too and hence might look good.
Whatever the final design, it'll still be much better than the Baleno... personally, I hated the new city when it was first launched... but over time, the car has grown on me... not to forget of course that honda made subtle changes to the design over time, which maruti can always do if required!!
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:25   #330
BHPian

Whatever maruti manufacturers will sell, then why should they waste money on redesigning ?

Its us who should be blamed for making maruti like this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks