Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2021, 16:16   #391

Re: The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
From your point of view, what is the reason for the dismal performance of this car?
It ticks all the right boxes and it's main competitor has a 6 months waiting period. But still people just dont want to be seen near the Kicks.

Its said that Terrano and Duster that stared the CSUV trend are nowhere in the public mind when they go out to shop.
When it launched back in Feb 2019, the price was simply too high and the competition was (and still is) offering better value for money.
The price was corrected (reduced by 1.5L approx) in Sep'19 and post that we started seeing some traction. Lack of Diesel and some must haves (sunroof, power adjustable seats etc) also contribute to the dismal performance.
With the current prices lower that the competition it again has started moving in 300-400 numbers monthly, given we are only selling Petrol variant.
Kedrock is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 18:24   #392
BHPian

Has anyone opted for the subscription model for Kicks? I was tracking Nissan website and they recently launched in bangalore. registered my interest and received a call today morning.

The call was only to collect information about what model/color i am interested in. There will be some other team which will call to arrange for a test drive, documentation and complete the process if everything goes off well

The delivery was promised in 45 days and was told that the Nissan has been delivering Turbo top end cars without concerns about the chip shortage.

The subscription plan itself will cover registration, insurance, RSA, maintenance etc for a white board Kicks. we only need to pay the monthly subscription charges and 1 month security deposit equivalent to 1 month subscription charges.
Old 29th November 2021, 00:51   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrock View Post
Lack of Diesel and some must haves (sunroof, power adjustable seats etc) also contribute to the dismal performance.
Hope above feedback from you would be addressed by Nissan. Has Nissan provided any timeliness on the Kicks upgrade? Given its selling in few numbers, and Magnite being a hit they should concentrate on getting something new to their portfolio. Either updated kicks with better features or a new product altogether.
Old 15th March 2022, 22:21   #394
Senior - BHPian

Japanese (presumably CMF-based?) Nissan Kicks scores five-star JNCAP rating after changes to seat structure (from chassis number P15-066982)
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 21:58   #395
BHPian

Hi Kedrock. What is the availibility status of 1.5 petrol Kicks. Is Nissan manufacturing the car and have the sales figures picked up since last yr ? Was contemplating on Kicks and would be grateful if you can give some inputs as a Nissan dealer.
Thanks and regards.
Old 25th May 2022, 09:14   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cav View Post
Hi Kedrock. What is the availibility status of 1.5 petrol Kicks. Is Nissan manufacturing the car and have the sales figures picked up since last yr ? Was contemplating on Kicks and would be grateful if you can give some inputs as a Nissan dealer.
Thanks and regards.
Hello,

1.5 XV Kicks is available however, Nissan is producing it in limited numbers. Sales figures are comparable with the last year, there isn't a noticeable increase in sales.
Rather than 1.5 NA, I would recommend you to go for 1.3T, it is a much better engine with better fuel economy. 1.3T's performance is too good while, 1.5 NA leaves one with wanting for more.
Old 1st August 2022, 22:20   #397
BHPian

hi friends , is there a detailed (TBHP type quality) Nissan 1.3T CVT review on TBHP ? Can anyone point me to the thread as I an unable to fine one for it.
SinghBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 11:51   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
hi friends , is there a detailed (TBHP type quality) Nissan 1.3T CVT review on TBHP ? Can anyone point me to the thread as I an unable to fine one for it.
No official review, but you can check this thread (How much of a gamble is it really to buy the Nissan Kicks?)

surjaonwheelz
Old 25th October 2022, 16:31   #399
BHPian

I read an article that a Kicks buyer faced so many issues with a brand new car that it was replaced by Nissan. Any detailed info on what the actual issues were. Concerned as I got my brother to buy a kicks on my recommendation when I got my magnite

https://www.carblogindia.com/nissan-...ervice-issues/

Quote:
Hello,

1.5 XV Kicks is available however, Nissan is producing it in limited numbers. Sales figures are comparable with the last year, there isn't a noticeable increase in sales.
Rather than 1.5 NA, I would recommend you to go for 1.3T, it is a much better engine with better fuel economy. 1.3T's performance is too good while, 1.5 NA leaves one with wanting for more.
I have driven the 1.5NA extensively and it's a pretty good engine for both city and highway use as long as you are not expecting to win in a drag race. Decent mileage as well. The 1.3T I test drove was "peaky" and the 1.5 is a lot more relaxed to drive in comparison. I suggest you test drive the 1.5 before finalizing the variant.

Keep in mind that the indicator and wiper shafts are reverse like the ones in vw/ford vehicles ( designed for LHD )

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th October 2022 at 16:57. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 25th October 2022, 16:57   #400

Hello,

Yes, the 1.5L engine gets the job done. However, 1.3T is more fun to drive.
As of today only 1.5L variant remains in stock (in select colors only) with good discounts. If anyone is planning to pick it up, now's the time.
Kedrock is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 18:22   #401
BHPian

Quote:
As of today only 1.5L variant remains in stock (in select colors only) with good discounts. If anyone is planning to pick it up, now's the time.
I guess Nissan might discontinue the kicks soon seeing how it barely does double digit monthly sales these days. Too bad. It's a very good car. Nissan India seems to be in exit mode now and idiots like me who bought three Nissan vehicles in last 2 yrs will be left holding the bag
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 18:55   #402

Nissan India is not planning an exit anytime soon. On the contrary it's in expansion mode.
Magnite has proven that Nissan is capable of delivering what India wants. Magnite also is being exported to many countries. With this success the brand has renewed its focus and very soon we will see more of what Nissan does the best!
SUVs, SUVs and more SUVs!

We all recently saw what it has in the store for us!
Kedrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 20:30   #403
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
I guess Nissan might discontinue the kicks soon seeing how it barely does double digit monthly sales these days. Too bad. It's a very good car. Nissan India seems to be in exit mode now and idiots like me who bought three Nissan vehicles in last 2 yrs will be left holding the bag
Which 3 Nissan cars are you owning? Are you facing any issues on these.
Old 26th October 2022, 01:21   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyspark View Post
Which 3 Nissan cars are you owning? Are you facing any issues on these.
I have a redigo and a magnite. My brother bought a kicks when I got my magnite. No issues with the kicks and redigo but the Magnite is

You can go through my ownership experience from page 91 onwards if you really want to know the issues I have faced. Nissan India is a joke being played on us unsuspecting customers. Even BSNL is more customer friendly than Nissan

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...review-91.html (Nissan Magnite Review)

Last edited by akg7091 : 26th October 2022 at 01:23.
akg7091 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 10:31   #405
BHPian

Booking Cancellation experience of Nissan Kicks Turbo

On Sep 19, 2022 I had booked Nissan Kicks Turbo CVT XV-Premium online .Booking charges was Rs 5000. I had selected Honnasiri Nissan Mysore as the dealer. I got a booking confirmation along with booking id from Nissan by email.

It is pertinent to say that from this forum I was well aware that Kicks was not in production and just made to booking to see the response from the dealer. Then I forwarded the booking details to the dealer. From the beginning the dealer was not interested in Kicks turbo and they were offering Kicks 1.5 NA. Even they could not tell a time frame for delivery. They requested me to wait for a few weeks for any update. But after that time period also they were not able to give any concrete information about the delivery. Then I informed them that I am going to cancel the booking as no information was available with the dealer. They seem to be ok with that and accordingly I sent an email requesting to cancel the booking.

I did not receive the booking amount for 3 weeks and after follow up I received an amount of Rs 4500 in my account. I was told that Rs 500 has been deducted as cancellation charge. That was a surprise for me because there was no mention of this cancellation charge in Nissan website. I informed the dealer about this and I got a very casual reply that “this is our management’s decision and if you have any issue you can contact Nissan customer care”.

I was shocked by this attitude and immediately contacted Nissan customer care by email to customercare.nissan@email.nissan.in. After a few days I got a call from Nissan customer care and they enquired about the issue. Again to my surprise I had to give all the details like date of booking, variant booked etc. despite the fact that I had already given the booking reference number. I was told that from customer care centre they can’t access details using booking reference number. I shared all the details.

After a few days I got an email from Nissan stating that they have received my complaint and their local team is looking into the matter. The said email was marked to the dealer also.

Then I got an email from the dealer that they have done the right thing and they will charge Rs 500 as cancellation fee because they had paid “GST”. That email from the dealer was marked to some personnel from Nissan also.

My limited point was since there was no mention about cancellation charges of Rs 500 in Nissan website; it is illegal and unethical to indulge in such unfair business practice.

Then the email war begun and lot of exchange happened. The dealer shared an internal document which was the “basis” for deducting cancellation charges as per them. Surprisingly that document says about Magnite booking (I am attaching the document). Moreover it says that deduction should be “2% of transaction charge plus GST”. This email was also marked to some top personnel in Nissan.

I was wondering why the dealer is digging their own pit because even if the above document is the basis they cannot charge Rs 500 as cancellation fee for a booking amount of Rs 5000.

Finally I got a call from Nissan saying that Rs 150 is the cancellation charge for Kicks to which I responded that I am ready to pay any legitimate charges. I added that I escalated the matter not because of the money involved but because of unethical way of doing business by the dealer.

Nissan apologized and finally the dealer refunded Rs 350/.

This was a horrible experience and the dealer Honnasiri Nissan has made a trivial issue complicated. I don’t know how they are still surviving.

PS - I will be taking the delivery of MG ZS EV EXCITE in the last week of this month
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-screenshot_20221116103034_word.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks