Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2021, 12:05   #331

Re: The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxratul View Post
I took delivery of my XV Pre(O) dual tone manual kicks in kolkata 3 weeks ago. The rates are different in Kolkata - all in all it came to 16.1L minus the extra warranty.

I didnt have any exchange or needed financing, so discounts I got were 30K cash + insurance at 50K. Nissan is apparently giving major discounts on exchanges and in some cases on financing.
Thanks for sharing that information. Can you highlight any other difference you see in the quote? With what you are saying, it looks like there is still about 70K of difference in the quote I got from them.
Old 15th July 2021, 17:07   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalrshah View Post
Thanks for sharing that information. Can you highlight any other difference you see in the quote? With what you are saying, it looks like there is still about 70K of difference in the quote I got from them.
I think the only realistic discount you can get is on the insurance quotes. If you are feeling lucky you can ask dealer to give some additional discount on top.

Otherwise I think the damage is coming from the taxman
maxratul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 17:32   #333
BHPian

Quote:
The majority will be because of the difference in Road tax rates between the states.
Old 17th July 2021, 19:22   #334
BHPian

Our family friend is in the market for a crossover and Kicks is one of the shortlists. We took a long TD of Kicks 1.3 turbo today. As a Duster owner it was a revelation to me. The refinement and the power delivery from this engine is addictive. NVH levels are better than Duster. Gear shifts are slick and precise. Ride quality is Dusteresque. A worthy upgrade for existing duster owners. If you are in the market for a car in this segment, do check out Kicks Turbo in person. Ask for a long TD on open roads.
C300 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 12:16   #335

So, I finally took the plunge and placed an order for the Kicks Turbo CVT Premium.

I have a question for those who have bought a car recently...my last purchase was almost exactly 14 years ago.... that's a long time to use a single car, but I have had a hard time finding fault with my trusty (now a little rusty) old Ford Fusion!

The question is: when do you pay the full amount for the purchase? My dealer - Surya Nissan, Bangalore - says the car will roll off the production line on 18th Aug and they will receive it on 23rd and deliver it to me on 25th. They are requesting me to pay the full amount "at the earliest". Is this the norm? If not, then what works?

TIA
Nirmal
nirmalrshah is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 13:07   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The question is: when do you pay the full amount for the purchase? My dealer - Surya Nissan, Bangalore - says the car will roll off the production line on 18th Aug and they will receive it on 23rd and deliver it to me on 25th. They are requesting me to pay the full amount "at the earliest". Is this the norm? If not, then what works?

TIA
Nirmal
Congratulations for your new ride!

As per the norm, you can pay the booking amount and wait till the car arrives at the dealership. After you see the car allotted to you and complete the PDI, you can pay the remaining amount.

The dealer might insist on making full payment but you hold your ground to complete PDI before making further payments.
ashis89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 16:16   #337
BHPian

Quote:
So, I finally took the plunge and placed an order for the Kicks Turbo CVT Premium.

TIA
Nirmal
Congratulations Nirmal on the acquisition. What was the discount offered?
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 16:32   #338
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...line on 18th Aug and they will receive it on 23rd and deliver it to me on 25th. They are requesting me to pay the full amount "at the earliest". Is this the norm? If not, then what works?
Wait till the car lands at the dealer's yard and you've had a chance to do a thorough PDI before paying or signing any related paperwork. Don't fall for any 'pay up or we'll give the car to someone else' shenanigans, if they try it.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 12:11   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Thanks. The final OTR price worked out to 17.52 lakh including extended warranty of around 20K. It does not include insurance, which I chose to purchase separately.

This was down from original quoted "after discount" OTR price of around 17.75 lakh for the same components.

I added Nissan's leatherette seats to the package. This was the only optional item I chose. The logic being - factory fitted seat cover would probably be a better fit and finish than aftermarket for that price range. At 8K, it isn't cheap, but I didn't feel it was expensive either, and went for it.

Nirmal
nirmalrshah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 12:53   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Nirmal
Hi Nirmal, if not too much, can you please share the discounts that were offered to you?
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 13:00   #341
BHPian

What is the reason for Nissan Kicks sales failure in India? I find it is similar to Creta / Seltos in size or price. Is it because of lack of features or Nissan brand? I don’t think it’s the brand since Magnite is selling in decent numbers.
Old 12th August 2021, 13:27   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
What is the reason for Nissan Kicks sales failure in India? I find it is similar to Creta / Seltos in size or price. Is it because of lack of features or Nissan brand? I don’t think it’s the brand since Magnite is selling in decent numbers.
1) Very miniscule dealer network. Nearest dealer to me is Mysuru which is 250kms away. And mine is a tier 2 city.
2) Shoddy service network. I think there's one service center for Datsun nearby and I'm scratching heads why Renault and Nissan don't open joint ASCs given that they share so many parts between them.
3) Very outdated looks and is even more outdated platform.
4) Some fit and finish issues. I love the interior but the plastic quality is lacking.
5) Seen some owners complain about the post service issues cropping up and dealers washing hands off.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 17:13   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Hi Nirmal, if not too much, can you please share the discounts that were offered to you?
The final quote was approx 17.52 lakh OTR. This was excluding insurance which I opted to do outside, but including extended warranty (around 20k).

They had initially offered a "discounted" price of Rs.18.25 lakh OTR including insurance of 51k. So basically, I was able to wrangle another 22k or so.

I have also ordered factory fitted leatherite seats for an additional 8k. I figured that it was not that expensive, and I would get better fit and finish than aftermarket ones for that kind of price.

Nirmal
nirmalrshah is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 18:53   #344
BHPian

Quote:

I have also ordered factory fitted leatherite seats for an additional 8k. I figured that it was not that expensive, and I would get better fit and finish than aftermarket ones for that kind of price.
Thanks for the information Nirmal. But afaik, all accessories will be fixed at showroom, not in factory. Please check with sales advisor.
Old 12th August 2021, 20:12   #345
BHPian

Yes absolutely !. Accessories are fitted at the dealership. Only the stock cars are rolled out of the factory.

IMO, getting accessories fitted at the dealership is way more safer and confidence inspiring than at any independent accessory store outside, particularly concerning electricals. On par with factory fit.

I had DRLs and ORVM blinkers installed at the dealership and I got a chance to view the whole procedure . There was no way I will let an accessory store guy touch the whole electrical system!.

It has been 4 years and there has not been a single issue. I even struck a deal with the installer guy, purchased a touchscreen on Amazon at a lesser price and got it installed at home!.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks