Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2021, 11:41   #346

Re: The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Thanks for the information Nirmal. But afaik, all accessories will be fixed at showroom, not in factory. Please check with sales advisor.
My bad - you're right, its fitted at the dealership. It is still a good deal as @Nalin1 mentioned. I had aftermarket seat covers fitted on my current car and watched them do it....never again

Of course, there may be more expensive ones who do a better job, but I found their price tag VFM.
Old 2nd September 2021, 15:12   #347
BHPian

This thread is as good as dead now
What are the prospects of any facelifted Kicks coming to India. I checked with a dealer and they have no clue about it. Why Nissan is not bringing Kicks E-power to India. There will be many takers for the hybrid. Even the price in Thailand is translating to roughly 18L INR which is quite justifiable considering the kit it offers. What is hesitating Nissan to think on those lines.
Old 2nd September 2021, 16:04   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Even the price in Thailand is translating to roughly 18L INR which is quite justifiable considering the kit it offers. What is hesitating Nissan to think on those lines.
When imported our taxes will ensure the car is above 25 lakhs. On the lines of Kona electric. Not a profitable venture for Nissan.
Old 5th September 2021, 10:27   #349
BHPian

What is the waiting period quoted for Kicks? I enquired yesterday in Chennai and was told it can be delivered in 25-30 days. How true is it?
Old 5th September 2021, 12:19   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
This thread is as good as dead now
What are the prospects of any facelifted Kicks coming to India. I checked with a dealer and they have no clue about it. Why Nissan is not bringing Kicks E-power to India. There will be many takers for the hybrid. Even the price in Thailand is translating to roughly 18L INR which is quite justifiable considering the kit it offers. What is hesitating Nissan to think on those lines.
I am not even sure if Nissan wants to sell the kicks any more. I placed the order a month back for a CVT Turbo, and after two broken promises of delivery, I am now told that they will take another two weeks to even confirm the production schedule and let me know when the car will roll off the line!

I managed to speak with a Nissan executive after escalating the complaint a few times. They tried the semiconductor shortage excuse. I wonder if the shortage is so acute that they don't have enough for probably less than 100 cars a month! It was very clear from the conversation that it had nothing to do with the semiconductor supply, and more to do with their interest levels.

They also tried these on me:
"Sir, the color you asked for is not available" - so I asked if any other color is available for delivery in a week or less. Answer was "No"
"Sir, the CVT Premium model is not available" - so I asked if a lower model is available. Answer was "No"
Then I asked them, what model of the Kicks is available?. The answer was "Nothing"
Apparently some other dealer "may" have stock, but they don't want to move it from one dealer to another.

The writing is on the wall for the Kicks.

I am now waiting for the Astor. I have kept my Kicks order on, as a hedge against Astor being something I don't end up liking (either price or capability-wise). Either way, it looks like I am not getting a new car this month

On a side note: I sent an inquiry on the MG website for the Astor. Got a call from MG in less than 30 minutes. And then from the nearest dealer in 2 hours after that. They are taking unofficial bookings and promising first deliveries in early October. The experience was poles apart from the Nissan sales experience.
nirmalrshah is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 20:52   #351
BANNED

Logistics and or Warehouse charges are unreasonable and absurd. A well informed buyer can argue out with the dealer to knock it off.
Old 30th September 2021, 18:21   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
What is the waiting period quoted for Kicks? I enquired yesterday in Chennai and was told it can be delivered in 25-30 days. How true is it?
Hello, Did you proceed any further on the kicks?
Btw, can you share some info on the prospective discounts applicable on the Xv Turbo variant, if you had checked?
Old 30th September 2021, 18:24   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Hello, Did you proceed any further on the kicks?
Btw, can you share some info on the prospective discounts applicable on the Xv Turbo variant, if you had checked?
Yes. I have booked the XV premium CVT. I was quoted 3 weeks for delivery. I got around 85000 discount. But I am sure a proper negotiator can get more.
arunramaswamy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 15:55   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I have booked the XV premium CVT. I was quoted 3 weeks for delivery. I got around 85000 discount. But I am sure a proper negotiator can get more.
Is this with an exchange?
Old 1st October 2021, 16:23   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
Is this with an exchange?
Nope. This is independent of exchange. Nissan itself gives Rs.65000 as discount. You can negotiate further with the dealership.
Old 21st October 2021, 22:51   #356
BHPian

Please let me know if there is a team bhp official review of the CVT 1.3 turbo. I test drove it yesterday and I am seriously considering it. Unfortunately the CVT does not come in the premium optional pack and misses out some features but the CVT is a joy to drive. Definitely for enthusiasts !

Last edited by bangaloreguy : 21st October 2021 at 22:54.
bangaloreguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 09:19   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangaloreguy View Post
Please let me know if there is a team bhp official review of the CVT 1.3 turbo.
Unfortunately it doesn't exist. The only review of kicks available in tbhp is that excellent one by bhpian @Godzilla,that also about diesel version.
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:13   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalrshah View Post
I am not even sure if Nissan wants to sell the kicks any more.!

and more to do with their interest levels.
I don't know think it has anything to do with interest levels. Without any interest and bookings from customers, they simply would have stopped production long back.
Old 22nd October 2021, 15:02   #359
BHPian

Just had a call with the dealership to cancel my Kicks booking. They still do not have any clue about the availability. Nissan is currently not assembling Kicks and is prioritising Magnite. Future is bleak for Kicks with Duster production also stopped.
Old 22nd October 2021, 16:30   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Just had a call with the dealership to cancel my Kicks booking. They still do not have any clue about the availability. Nissan is currently not assembling Kicks and is prioritising Magnite. Future is bleak for Kicks with Duster production also stopped.
I was in a similar dilemma , both dealers don't inspire confidence with Kicks, the lack of sales could also be due to dealer apathy and company resigning itself to fate about Kicks. A good car that doesn't deserve to be treated like this
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks