Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2021, 17:11   #361
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Just had a call with the dealership to cancel my Kicks booking. They still do not have any clue about the availability. Nissan is currently not assembling Kicks and is prioritising Magnite. Future is bleak for Kicks with Duster production also stopped.
Hey, thats sad to know. Can you specify which dealer in chennai Autorelli or Lakshmi you faced such experience? Users say Autorelli has the best service among the 2. Why dont you try different dealer?

Also read, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...because-7.html (Had a bad sales experience at a dealer? Please do NOT eliminate the car model because of that!)
Old 22nd October 2021, 17:23   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeganatu View Post
Hey, thats sad to know. Can you specify which dealer in chennai Autorelli or Lakshmi you faced such experience? Users say Autorelli has the best service among the 2. Why dont you try different dealer?

Also read, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...because-7.html (Had a bad sales experience at a dealer? Please do NOT eliminate the car model because of that!)
Actually I dealt with both the dealership and had booked with both of them. I had no problems with the dealership. But what can we expect the dealers to do if they have no clue as to when the vehicle will be allocated from Nissan? I think it is the issue with the OEM itself and not with the dealership. Nissan is literally getting battered due to the semiconductor issue and struggling with Magnite delivery and I believe they have put Kicks on the back burner due to very low sales.
arunramaswamy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 19:03   #363
BHPian

Nissan has definitely not abandoned the Kicks yet!. They have only two cars in their portfolio and cannot reduce to one .

The semiconductor issue, covid restrictions, huge demand for the Magnite and they are struggling to cope. The Kicks is too good a car to reject after test driving it, but patience is the buzzword in the market now with any new car booking.

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd October 2021 at 23:04. Reason: As requested.
Old 22nd October 2021, 22:26   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Nissan has definitely not abandoned the Kicks yet!. They have only two cars in their portfolio and cannot reduce to one .

The semiconductor issue, covid restrictions, huge demand for the Magnite and they are struggling to cope. The Kicks is too good a car to reject after test driving it, but patience is the buzzword in the market now with any new car booking.
You're right - apparently the semiconductor shortage has affected the production of Kicks CVT. According to the SA I spoke to at a dealership in Bangalore, Nissan is unable to procure the semiconductor for one of the parts of the Kicks CVT.

Even with the Magnite, they delivered a December 2020 booked car today! So the problem is not just with the Kicks; though it does seem like they are prioritizing the Magnite because the response (and the queue) is way better.

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd October 2021 at 23:04. Reason: Fixing quoted text.
nirmalrshah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 17:50   #365

I did a telephone inquiry about the 1.3 CVT Kicks at Surya Nissan, Outer ring road, Bangalore. They said, there will be a facelift/new model coming in automatic variant. How true is this? Any body has any information regarding this?
Old 25th October 2021, 19:20   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
But what can we expect the dealers to do if they have no clue as to when the vehicle will be allocated from Nissan? I think it is the issue with the OEM itself and not with the dealership. I believe they have put Kicks on the back burner due to very low sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post

The Kicks is too good a car to reject after test driving it, but patience is the buzzword in the market now with any new car booking.
Seems like the Nissan management is paying close attention to this thread.
Talk about waking from the dead! Below are the snaps of an advertisement featuring the Kicks in, "The Hindu" newspaper dated 25.10.2021. Noticed the smaller footprint for the Magnite ad?
The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-20211025_183910.jpg

The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-20211025_183946.jpg
eccentric is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 23:48   #367
BHPian

What's the point of this ad, if Nissan has no clue on when they can deliver a booking.
I have opted for an entry level Astor now. But given a chance, I would happily go for a Turbo XV with 1L discounts, if they can only sell one
ridehard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 09:35   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
What's the point of this ad, if Nissan has no clue on when they can deliver a booking.
I have opted for an entry level Astor now. But given a chance, I would happily go for a Turbo XV with 1L discounts, if they can only sell one
Yeah, that's a shame. I was constantly following up Jeevan Nissan, Tirunelveli for a TD since June 30, 2021. The dealer was so lethargic that they won't even attend my call nor have the courtesy to reply back. Months passed, dropped an email on 12.10.2021 to the management keeping the higher officials in the loop. Got a reply the next day and took an extended TD the same week at my own pace!

However, the price negotiations are prolonging since then(16.10.2021). They are not even wlling to extend beyond the Rs.15,000/- cash offer.

Buying this car is a gamble for sure. Considering the sales volume it has did, just imagine the meagre quantity of spares that the OEM will manufacture. And visualise being stranded due to the non availability of parts, at the 10 year mark!

Sorry, but this car would have performed well with a Suzuki/Hyundai badge on it.

A well rounded product left gasping for breath. Will it be brought back to life or die a premature death? We'll leave that to Nissan and its dealer network!

Last edited by eccentric : 26th October 2021 at 09:39.
Old 26th October 2021, 15:47   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
The discount of 1L only seems to be on exchange of an old car, else the discounts are 20k-30k only!
Old 26th October 2021, 17:42   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
The discount of 1L only seems to be on exchange of an old car, else the discounts are 20k-30k only!
I got a similar response, when I inquired over call today. But I believe, if we speak in person, we could probably get better cash discounts?
I remember another member(arunramasamy) managed to get 80k discounts without exchange bonus alone, only a few weeks back.
Old 27th October 2021, 09:37   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
However, the price negotiations are prolonging since then(16.10.2021). They are not even wlling to extend beyond the Rs.15,000/- cash offer.
If you are living in proximity to Kerala, you can check with EVM Nissan who are having multiple dealership of Nissan across the length and breadth of Kerala. In fact Kerala is still having a very good number of Nissan dealerships(more than 13) and during a recent talk with EVM Nissan, they confirmed that they are having stocks available.
das_ren_auto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 15:22   #372
BHPian

I live in Chennai and I tried very hard to get test drives of the Duster and the Kicks 1.3 turbo CVT. Honestly the dealers were just not interested.

The Renault dealership said there is no TD vehicle but I can come see the vehicle in their dealership and make a booking. When I said I need to take a TD before booking, they said they'll get back to me and never did.

The same treatment was extended to me by the Nissan people. In fact they kept calling me back and asked me what it was that I had decided about the vehicle! When I told them they hadn't provided a TD they said they would arrange and never did.

It is a pity that after covid has started to abate, our auto industry is now crippled by supply chain issues. I really feel bad for the manufacturers and the dealers.
Old 27th October 2021, 18:01   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
If you are living in proximity to Kerala, you can check with EVM Nissan who are having multiple dealership of Nissan across the length and breadth of Kerala. In fact Kerala is still having a very good number of Nissan dealerships(more than 13) and during a recent talk with EVM Nissan, they confirmed that they are having stocks available.
Thank you, das_ren_auto. I have begun talks with EVM Nissan, Coimbatore. The telephonic conversation I had with their sales personnel revealed a proactive approach and eagerness to sell the vehicle.

Will update the proceedings if the venture turns fruitful. Again, thanks for the hunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Honestly the dealers were just not interested.

The Renault dealership said there is no TD vehicle but I can come see the vehicle in their dealership and make a booking. When I said I need to take a TD before booking, they said they'll get back to me and never did.

The same treatment was extended to me by the Nissan people.
Write an email to the sales team of the showroom and its parent dealership explaining the incident, keeping the customer care of Nissan in the loop(cc - carbon copy). Your TD vehicle will be allotted for sure.
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 08:56   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, das_ren_autoWrite an email to the sales team of the showroom and its parent dealership explaining the incident, keeping the customer care of Nissan in the loop(cc - carbon copy). Your TD vehicle will be allotted for sure.
The Nissan was one of my options but not that high up on my list. When I found Renault and Nissan showing serious lack of interest despite a few calls to their call centre and also multiple requests for test drives on their website, I felt a customer does not need to push so hard for a purchase and it should be the other way around.

I moved on and booked the MG ZS EV instead. I found their customer service to be far superior and for my running the end cost will be very close to the Kicks after fuel saving.

If anyone is interested I have included my cost comparison of both the cars. It is a very basic comparison, I have not included the interest paid on the difference between both costs or the maintenance cost difference between both the cars.

Of course this is only my use case and will not work for everyone.
Attached Images

Last edited by Chrome6Boy : 28th October 2021 at 09:08.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 09:08   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, das_ren_auto. I have begun talks with EVM Nissan, Coimbatore. The telephonic conversation I had with their sales personnel revealed a proactive approach and eagerness to sell the vehicle.
Good to hear that. I am now bit "relieved" after seeing that I am not the only "odd" man here to fall in love with a sales dud. I have also begun talks with EVM. Since we are in October it will be better to wait till December to see whether Nissan is making more lucrative discounts. Who knows , they may even announce a facelift by then(I am being highly optimistic here knowing very well that it is not going to happen).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks