Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 09:14   #376
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post

I moved on and booked the MG ZS EV instead.
Congrats on your new drive. Will you please confirm whether ZS is having speed limiter option (like one available in Kicks/Duster/Astor). That is one function that I find very useful especially for one who drives across Kerala where Speed Cameras are installed in every nook and corner of highways and each violation is fined (Rs 1500 per violation), that too if speed is even 81 kmph.
Old 28th October 2021, 09:25   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Congrats on your new drive. Will you please confirm whether ZS is having speed limiter option (like one available in Kicks/Duster/Astor). That is one function that I find very useful especially for one who drives across Kerala where Speed Cameras are installed in every nook and corner of highways and each violation is fined (Rs 1500 per violation), that too if speed is even 81 kmph.
From my understanding I don't believe it has a hard speed limiter like yellow board vehicles where the car cannot go over the speed of 80 kmph. However like all other cars sold today it will have the chime to warn you that you have hit the speed of 80 kmph.

Does the Nissan have a speed limiter or just an adjustable speed warning chime? My Vento TSI has the option to set the speed warning at any speed we want, is this what you mean?
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 10:17   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Does the Nissan have a speed limiter or just an adjustable speed warning chime? My Vento TSI has the option to set the speed warning at any speed we want, is this what you mean?
Yes. Both Kicks and Duster are having physical switch to limit the speed. The vehicle won't go beyond that set speed even if you give accelerator input. For disengaging the speed limiter, we need to floor the accelerator. It is a wonderful feature that even those companies are not marketing. In Astor also it is available , but no physical switch and need to set from touchscreen.

Check the below youtube video

In fact I am so much in love with this function that I had requested Mr. Zac Hollis to add this function in upcoming Slavia for which Zac showed me who the boss is
Attached Thumbnails
The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh-screenshot_20211028102331_twitter.jpg  

Last edited by das_ren_auto : 28th October 2021 at 10:27. Reason: typo and additional information
das_ren_auto is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 10:39   #379
BHPian

Quote:
When I found Renault and Nissan showing serious lack of interest despite a few calls to their call centre and also multiple requests for test drives on their website, I felt a customer does not need to push so hard for a purchase and it should be the other way around.
Very true words! Now, Nissan has lost 3 prospective customers in the Team-BHP fraternity itself. I wonder how many people in India felt the same and had to settle for other cars.

Quote:
Good to hear that. I am now bit "relieved" after seeing that I am not the only "odd" man here to fall in love with a sales dud. I have also begun talks with EVM. Since we are in October it will be better to wait till December to see whether Nissan is making more lucrative discounts. Who knows , they may even announce a facelift by then(I am being highly optimistic here knowing very well that it is not going to happen).
I have a soft corner for anything underrated! BTW, my current daily driver is an LG V30+. You know what I mean.

Regarding the discounts, where there any last year during the November-December timeframe? Just a reminder of the December 2019 discount below,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Nissan Kicks XV Diesel

Onroad price-15.4 Lakhs
December 2019 discount-2.6 Lakhs
Onroad price after discount-12.7 Lakhs with 5-year warranty
Current Odometer reading: 2129 Kms.
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 10:58   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
BTW, my current daily driver is an LG V30+. You know what I mean.
Regarding the discounts, where there any last year during the November-December timeframe? Just a reminder of the December 2019 discount below,
Ohhh!!!!!!!!!!I am also having LG V30+.

There is every chance that discounts will increase especially after Astor launch.
Since both of us are in talks with EVM, we can have a hard bargain also.
Old 28th October 2021, 11:29   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Ohhh!!!!!!!!!!I am also having LG V30+.
Wow! This is the first time I've come across another person owning a V30+. And, please let me know the headset you use since my Bose MIE2 has perished. Any recommendations are also welcome. Thanks!

Quote:
There is every chance that discounts will increase especially after Astor launch.
Since both of us are in talks with EVM, we can have a hard bargain also.
This is the level of optimism, I need in my life.
If we end up with this car without such discounts, it will be futile for us in the longer run considering the inflating fuel prices.
Old 28th October 2021, 12:04   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
please let me know the headset you use since my Bose MIE2 has perished.
This is the level of optimism, I need in my life.
If we end up with this car without such discounts, it will be futile for us in the longer run considering the inflating fuel prices.
I'm not an audiophile and hence living with the default B&O headset that was free with the phone. In addition I am using 1+ buds.

Now coming to the main topic, I will resume the negotiation with EVM once there is clarity in BH Registration for Karnataka/Kerala. I had a few interactions with the SA from EVM and he seems very interested to sell the car. Will keep you posted about developments
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 16:18   #383

Quote:
Good to hear that. I am now bit "relieved" after seeing that I am not the only "odd" man here to fall in love with a sales dud.
Let me add to you relief : I took delivery of what may be the last of the 2021 Kicks in Bangalore yesterday - its a Fire-red CVT Premium. Though Nissan gave me quite the run-around with their (missed) delivery promises, I waited because I loved the vehicle. I was keen on the Nightshade color, but seeing as it was that another car is not likely to be available for the rest of the year at least, I decided to go with what they had.

I have only driven about 20kms so far, from the dealership to home. I will share more experiences later. However, Google took me through some really narrow lanes on my drive back home on a rainy night and I loved how the car maneuvered. Bluetooth and CarPlay integration got done in seconds and their Infotainment system seems pretty smooth at first glance.

For now, I can only share the sales experience, which goes thus:
- When I requested for a test drive, the response was cold. Someone promised to come over with the car and never showed up despite two follow-ups. I escalated it to Nissan customer care and followed up with a DM on twitter to their MD. After that, the Surya Nissan (Bangalore) sales team have been epitome of cordiality.
- I ordered the Nighshade black color. When placing the order, I was told that it will be available within a week as the production is already scheduled. However, this was followed by 3 new delivery dates and broken promises, despite escalation to the highest levels in Nissan (this time over emails).
- I was finally told that due to the semiconductor shortage, no new vehicles are likely to be produced in 2021. Surya Nissan had received only 3 cars in September.
- I was told that they have two cars available which they will deliver to me on priority and add a further 15k discount to the OTR price - a Bronze and a Red one (for the CVT Premium Model). I chose to go with the Red...and here we are!
- On making the payment, they delivered the car in 4 days post registration.

I purchased extended warranty and a leatherite seat cover from the dealership. Insurance was taken outside as it saved me about 14k from what the dealer quoted.

Final OTR came to about 17.45k including the 2 year extended warranty and the 7k seat cover. + insurance purchased separately.

So far, so Red ;-)
nirmalrshah is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 22:41   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalrshah View Post
Let me add to you relief : I took delivery of what may be the last of the 2021 Kicks in Bangalore yesterday - its a Fire-red CVT Premium.
Any idea when new deliveries of the CVT will commence in Bangalore. I
am waiting to buy it and was told that there are no more for 2021 due to the semiconductor shortage.
Old 17th November 2021, 09:20   #385
BHPian

There is lot of buzz in media about the "hi-tech" Nissan HR13DDT/1.3 Energy TCe/Mercedes M282 engine. The highlights claimed by them are the following:
Electric variable valve timing
Timing camshaft with roller tapet
Bore spray coating
very high pressure injection
6 holes vertical injectors
Integrated exhaust manifold
Electric Turbo waste gate

Is there anything that is so 'advanced' as Renault/Nissan claims or is it just another Turbo Petrol engine. I tried to google the answers, but failed.
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 10:46   #386
BHPian

Quote:
There is lot of buzz in media about the "hi-tech" Nissan HR13DDT/1.3 Energy TCe/Mercedes M282 engine. The highlights claimed by them are the following:
Electric variable valve timing
Timing camshaft with roller tapet
Bore spray coating
very high pressure injection
6 holes vertical injectors
Integrated exhaust manifold
Electric Turbo waste gate

Is there anything that is so 'advanced' as Renault/Nissan claims or is it just another Turbo Petrol engine. I tried to google the answers, but failed.
Very high pressure injection - I guess this is common. Even the TSI engines from VW stable report the same.

6 holes vertical injectors - Solely depends on the combustion chamber design. Not cars, but my R15V3 has a 10 hole fuel injector setup.

Integrated exhaust manifold - My 07 Civic sports the same.

Electric variable valve timing - In case of my Civic, VVT is initiated by a solenoid. Same would be the case here as well?

Bore spray coating - It's just a coating. If they boast about it, they should mention the coating thickness and how much KMs it will last.

Would be nothing revolutinary, IMO.
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 11:14   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangaloreguy View Post
Any idea when new deliveries of the CVT will commence in Bangalore. I
am waiting to buy it and was told that there are no more for 2021 due to the semiconductor shortage.
Yes - I was told the same thing. No more deliveries in 2021. The earliest you can hope for is Jan 2022. However, if you are placing an order, do not pay more than a token advance (I had paid 25k on booking). Tell them, you need to be kept notified of the production schedule and will pay anything further only after a PDI. Don't even pay if they say your vehicle has been invoiced from the plant and is "on the way".

All said, I had about a 10 week wait, which in the current situation seems decent enough (though I expressed a LOT of impatience with the dealership just to keep them on their toes).
Old 18th November 2021, 17:39   #388
BHPian

Hi. Wanted to share that I recently purchased the Kicks Premium 1.3 Manual a few weeks back. Seems like I was one of the last few to get my hands on one given the reactions and experiences on this forum. I did see a few in the stock yard at Bangalore during the PDI. And the dealer had given me choices when selecting the model and color (this is somewhere around mid September and my information would be outdated).

Please excuse any errors!
My first post on the Team BHP forum
ShreyG is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 09:27   #389

Hi,

To all who are still waiting for an Automatic / Manual Kicks, a few units are being manufactured in this month. Please get in touch with your respective dealers.
The supply was halted due to semiconductor crunch.

(PS: I am a Nissan Dealer)

Regards
Kedrock is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 16:02   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrock View Post
Hi,

(PS: I am a Nissan Dealer)

Regards
From your point of view, what is the reason for the dismal performance of this car?
It ticks all the right boxes and it's main competitor has a 6 months waiting period. But still people just dont want to be seen near the Kicks.

Its sad that Terrano and Duster that stared the CSUV trend are nowhere in the public mind when they go out to shop.

Last edited by m8002? : 19th November 2021 at 16:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks