Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2021, 12:43   #451
BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PradeepVKiger View Post
I have had the car Kiger RXT AMT Grey since June 21, my experience has been really good so far, as far as ride quality is concerned.
Thank you Pradeep for your comments. I will do a test drive then, which I was hesitating for sometime.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th December 2021 at 12:47. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
mrdexter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 13:06   #452
BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Thank you. I have booked the RXZ CVT. Will update once the car gets delivered.
What is the time frame on the delivery?

Which showroom in Bangalore have you booked the car? I am unable to get the Kiger CVT version for test ride in the nearby Renault.
Old 8th December 2021, 14:17   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
I am unable to get the Kiger CVT version for test ride in the nearby Renault.
I got the CVT test drive in Bangalore a couple of weeks ago. Contacted Renault Sarjapur's number and a guy reached out and came with the RXZ CVT TD vehicle to my doorstep. It was a really smooth experience, to be honest.

You can try reaching out to the Sarjapur dealership. I can share my POC's number as well if you want.
purplesectortwo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 19:42   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashwin View Post
For what it's worth the dealer had also offered to install leather seats.

re: the warning on the instrument cluster, here is the section in the manual that shows it.
Seems like the image did not get attached, attaching it now
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-kigerownermanual_pdf.png  

Old 13th December 2021, 23:05   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
I happened to see one of the reviews on YouTube and it mentioned that once we take U-Turn the steering does not get back to it's original position on it's own and we literally have to roll it over again.

Did you get to experience this? Not sure if Magnite also has same thing?
I test drove the CVT version of this today and Yes, the steering doesn't get back as you said. It surprised me for a moment since you would usually expect it to do so- had to manually get it back to where it should be.
bobbyvictor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 10:18   #456
Senior - BHPian

Renault KIGER - New TVC

nairrk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 16:59   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyvictor View Post
I test drove the CVT version of this today and Yes, the steering doesn't get back as you said. It surprised me for a moment since you would usually expect it to do so- had to manually get it back to where it should be.
That's exactly the same problem that Renault Kwid also has. The steering does not self center.
I realised this issue after I bought the car last month. Having an Ecosport as well in the garge is not helping the matters either.

I had test driven the Triber when it was launched and had noticed a similar behaviour with it as well.

Except for the Duster, I think the modern Renaults have this dead steering feel attached to it.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 19:14   #458
BHPian

A word of warning:
If you are buying this car, DO NOT get the front parking sensors. While I have not experienced the previously mentioned battery drainage issue, I have had a plethora of problems with them.

They are crap quality and randomly beep even when there is nothing ahead - extremely dangerous while driving. Also, the sound is extremely loud and jarring to the ears.

The dealers have acknowledged that there is a problem, but refuse to address it or issue a refund for it - "The part has already been fixed and there is nothing we can do". It is not really that expensive (around 2k), but on principle, I think it is an extremely poor customer experience and as such will not recommend Renault Sarjapur in Bangalore to anyone. The guy even had the gall to tell me "After your experience I am telling all future customers not to get it", as if I was a canary or guinea pig.

So, I have it permanently switched off. Hope it will not cause any other issues in an otherwise decent car.
hashwin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 07:29   #459

Have the Kiger RXZ CVT for 6 months now

Its a great car for the price point and features offered, but the following are issues I have been facing, and am a bit worried about:

1. Fuel efficiency - I have never got over 9 km/l with it. I drive mainly in the city with a bit of traffic and on highways on the weekend, but a 40 litre tank lasts me between 300-350kms each time. Incredibly expensive and also far away from what was promised (even keeping certain exaggerations in mind). This is over 3000kms total now, no variations at all

2. Grunting noise with the brakes when coming to a stop suddenly, or consistently. Makes me feel there is something wrong with the brakes or pads, have got it checked twice and the Renault technician said the friction is a bit worse in the Kiger than in other cars but the grinding/grunting is normal for a CVT. Those in the know, any thoughts?

3. Water/mud/muck on the door, underside, despite mudflaps

4. Small pebbles getting stuck in the tyres. I have the MRF and have not really experienced the number of pebbles that get stuck in the ridges with any other car

5. The car exterior is very flimsy. Slight push and there is a dent, slight brush with anything and its a problem

6. The material at the bottom of the car entrance under the door (not sure what its called) is very very flimsy and poor quality. My leg brushes it while entering the car and it splits/comes apart
smakmagik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 17:49   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakmagik View Post

3. Water/mud/muck on the door, underside, despite mudflaps

4. Small pebbles getting stuck in the tyres. I have the MRF and have not really experienced the number of pebbles that get stuck in the ridges with any other car
I have experienced these 2 issues as well. They removed the stones during my first service, but there were stones again by the time I reached back home. They make a slightly annoying clicking sound which can be heard if not using the A/C.

re: mileage, I get around 10 - 12 in city driving and around 14-16 on the highway, which is not as advertised but still quite reasonable.

It also makes a whistling sound when braking at low (bumper to bumper) speeds, I did mention that during the first service but seems it was not resolved, might have to go back.
Old 2nd January 2022, 01:19   #461
BHPian

I've posted my mileage logs earlier in this thread. It's not great for me either at an average of 11 kmpl in mixed driving (RXZ CVT). I drive in Eco mode most of the time because the sluggish performance reduces my urge to overtake and makes the overall drive low-stress.

I solved the mud-under-door problem by installing rubber seals. There's a company in Chennai named MediaNav solutions that sells a kit online for the Kwid and Triber. They were cheaper than Amazon sellers. The Triber kit fits the Kiger and came with 3M tape. The mud problem is gone!

They have a mix of three rubber seal types:
  1. Z type for front doors, vertically along the hinges
  2. P type for all four doors, horizontally at the bottom
  3. D type for all four doors, vertically under the opening side

On the other issues:

1. My car also scratches easily. I have scratches that came from my own garage, from my bicycle handle where the door opened on it, or the bicycle toppled.

2. The suspension is rather loud. There's a click on every pothole that sounds like the car has bottomed out. (I've only had one real bottom scraper in 4000 km so far. The ground clearance works.)

3. My rear right tyre is losing pressure rather rapidly. I got a TPMS kit a few weeks ago and was alarmed to find the tyre had only 10 psi. It had been inflated to 36 psi at the last tank up. Since then I've noticed that it will drop to 30 psi with just 2-3 days idling in the garage. Both rear tyres lose pressure faster than the front two, but also at different rates from each other.
jackerhack is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 08:15   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerhack View Post
I've posted my mileage logs earlier in this thread. It's not great for me either at an average of 11 kmpl in mixed driving (RXZ CVT). I drive in Eco mode most of the time because the sluggish performance reduces my urge to overtake and makes the overall drive low-stress.

I solved the mud-under-door problem by installing rubber seals. There's a company in Chennai named MediaNav solutions that sells a kit online for the Kwid and Triber. They were cheaper than Amazon sellers. The Triber kit fits the Kiger and came with 3M tape. The mud problem is gone!

They have a mix of three rubber seal types:
  1. Z type for front doors, vertically along the hinges
  2. P type for all four doors, horizontally at the bottom
  3. D type for all four doors, vertically under the opening side
Thanks for that useful tip. I am planning to buy it.

https://medianavsolutions.com/produc...-strip-triber/

Is this the one you bought? And can you post some pics please?
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 09:38   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Thanks for that useful tip. I am planning to buy it.

https://medianavsolutions.com/produc...-strip-triber/

Is this the one you bought? And can you post some pics please?
That's the one. Here are some pictures from the passenger side front door.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-screenshot_202201020931432.jpg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-screenshot_202201020931532.jpg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-screenshot_202201020932042.jpg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-screenshot_202201020932102.jpg  

Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19-screenshot_202201020932182.jpg  

jackerhack is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 12:52   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerhack View Post
That's the one. Here are some pictures from the passenger side front door.
Thanks very much! Order placed.
Old 10th January 2022, 13:34   #465

Re: Brand new Renault Kiger | Battery dead in 2 days | Battery drain problem

Quote:
Though it is equipped with LED lights, the throw is not great and the right side has a shadow spot while using both low and high beams.
I really appreciate the thorough review by you which really was an eye-opener for my family as we shall be booking the Kiger soon. I'd like to make a request, could you elaborate more on the lighting? What is the shadow spot on the right side, but not on the left? Thank you!
P.S.: If you could attach a few pics of the lights at night, it'd be really great!

Can't make out anything from 'reviews' on YouTube

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks