Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 19:47   #136
BHPian

Dear Sparkguy, you can walk in to any dealership (your car brand one preferred) or any good Service Center and they would be able to do this for you for around 100-200 INR on all glasses including the windshield.

These days they use computerized strip and a special pen for itching the car nos on your car's windows.

Last edited by invincible7 : 21st April 2009 at 19:48.
Old 21st April 2009, 20:59   #137
Senior - BHPian

I've got the HSR plateson my Swift. Got them from NC Impex, Bangalore for 850 bucks. Looks real classy I must say.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-dsc0026712.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2009, 14:18   #138
BHPian

Anybody who knows if they are available in Hyderabad?

I like the look of the plates ... embossed numbers.
I guess I can get normal embossed number plate. But thought I might as well go for the HighSecurity ones (maybe the RTA of AP will implement HSRP rule in future).
Old 22nd April 2009, 14:32   #139
BHPian

i recently got it done for my car as the front num plate broke. i paid 1000 bucks...now i think it is a little expensive... but looks good though.. the normal one was i think 400 or 500..
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:18   #140
BANNED

if one does not use the snap-screws &goes for normal, then there is no meaning of security. isn't it?

on the other hand, if one goes with it, the plate cant be removed when bumper neds to be changed.

so whats the solution?
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:24   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
if one does not use the snap-screws &goes for normal, then there is no meaning of security. isn't it?

on the other hand, if one goes with it, the plate cant be removed when bumper neds to be changed.

so whats the solution?
Get new plates done

Dont think there is any solution here. I've put in normal screws, since by rear bumper needs to be changed sometime or the other in the near future.
Old 4th May 2009, 12:05   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Did HS numberplate for my bike from CarPoint,Trivandrum.Cost me 700 bucks
Wow! costly!

Tvm guys charge more.
Old 4th May 2009, 13:21   #143
Senior - BHPian

Have seen cars running with the plates made for the bikes (small size). Now thats not legal is it..
Old 4th May 2009, 13:39   #144
BHPian

Vehicle w/o no plate There is a political leader in Central Bangalore who is running his Innova with out a no plate from almost 2 months +. Who cares for no plate ?

I have also seen some no plate whose letters height is just a bit more than 1 Inch, displayed in 10-15Laks worth car. I think after buying the car they didn't had money to spend on No plate
Old 5th May 2009, 01:16   #145
BHPian

Is there a certain way to find out where we can get these HSR plates done in ones city? Basically I'm asking if there are specific outlets or dealers?
Based out of Tvla, there doesn't seem to be anyone who does 'em.

Sorry I didnt go tru this whole thread, I guess it may have been mentioned. and it didn't show up on the search either. thanks

Joe
Old 5th May 2009, 11:20   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Email them at High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India. At worst, you can contact their Bangalore dealer at RAJASHANKARN.K.IMPEXNO.158 (NEW NO.15) MARUTHI NILAYA,BEHIND MSIL, MES COLONY,KONENA AGARAHARA, HAL POST,BANGALORE - 560 017. INDIAPH : 41258160 / 41258161FAX: 41258162MOBILE : 9341230174 / 9845016014

and ask him to couroersame to you at TVLA.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th May 2009 at 13:45.
Old 5th May 2009, 11:27   #147
BHPian

You can contact these guys and they can courier them to you- High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India
I ordered the same way and after depositing the money in their A/c the plates reached me in a day.

Last edited by DjNik : 5th May 2009 at 11:29.
Old 6th May 2009, 10:56   #148
BHPian

Todays papers report that Supreme Court has directed the Government to enforce High Security Number Plates within the next 3 months. Maybe a tall ask, considering the fact that the next Govt. will not settle down before June 15th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I've got the HSR plateson my Swift. Got them from NC Impex, Bangalore for 850 bucks. Looks real classy I must say.
Though it is a clear photograph, kindly clarify whether the number plate has all these requirements of a HSR -
  • Chromium base hologram with chakra image.
  • Self Destructive sticker with engine no, chasis number, and hologram.
  • Unique serial no. etched with laser on each HSRP.
  • India inscripted black hot stamping foil.
  • Non Removable / Non Reusable Snap Lock.
My doubt is regarding "India inscripted black hot stamping and "self destructive sticker" on your number plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjNik View Post
You can contact these guys and they can courier them to you- High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India
I ordered the same way and after depositing the money in their A/c the plates reached me in a day.
Have you read their disclaimer :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE UTSAV SAFETY SYSTEMS (P) LTD. as on date is not engaged in the sale of the High Security Registration Plates (HSRP's) which would be subject to the date of introduction of the policy as per Government of India notification and the express authority given by the respective state governments for the manufacture and sale of the same. Today the number plates, that are sold as Anti-Theft SMART number plates are the superior number plates manufactured with the global technology and UTSAV denies affirmatively the sale of HSRP's in the market. Any body who might claim that the UTSAV manufactured number plates are the HSRP's would do it without the express or implied authority of UTSAV and for any act of this kind, the UTSAV does not take any responsibility.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th May 2009 at 21:44. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 6th May 2009, 11:30   #149
BHPian

security chip in number plates

Quoting today's TimesOfIndia report
"Putting to rest doubts over the high security registration plates (HSRP) for vehicles, the Supreme Court on Thursday asked the Centre and states to take a decision within six months whether the scheme should be implemented or not. A Bench comprising Justices Arijit Pasayat, C K Thakker and L S Panta rejected the government's plea questioning the locus standi of PIL petitioner Maninderjit Singh Bitta to seek speedy implementation of the high security registration plate scheme. The court, in an earlier judgment, had dispelled challenges to the scheme. It had said the scheme was in public interest as it would help to track down stolen vehicles which were found to be used in various crimes, including terrorist activities.
The new registration plates will be fitted with a security chip that can be monitored through satellites. Use of stolen vehicles in crimes, especially terrorism-related offences, are increasing steadily and this can be controlled to a large extent by implementing the HSRP scheme, the court had said. The petitioner had complained that except for Meghalaya, none of the other states had implemented the policy and it was a matter of concern that 19 states and Union Territories had not even responded to the apex court's notice on the PIL."

The report mentions that the plate will be embedded with a security chip. DOes the plates from utsav come with such a chip?
Old 6th May 2009, 12:02   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Have you read their disclaimer :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE UTSAV SAFETY SYSTEMS (P) LTD. as on date is not engaged in the sale of the High Security Registration Plates (HSRP's) which would be subject to the date of introduction of the policy as per Government of India notification and the express authority given by the respective state governments for the manufacture and sale of the same. Today the number plates, that are sold as Anti-Theft SMART number plates are the superior number plates manufactured with the global technology and UTSAV denies affirmatively the sale of HSRP's in the market. Any body who might claim that the UTSAV manufactured number plates are the HSRP's would do it without the express or implied authority of UTSAV and for any act of this kind, the UTSAV does not take any responsibility.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a waste. I just installed Utsav plates, thinking they were the official ones.

Most Viewed