Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2021, 18:56   #31
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
Does anyone know what kind of discounts are going around for this 2021 A4?
I called the Bangalore dealer this morning but he says that there are barely any discounts since this is a new launch.
Right! New launch!
Funnily enough, the 2021 A4 was available at a min discount of 12-14L OTR in the month of March, just 2 months after launch!

Currently, Audi sells only because of discounts and people buy Audi only because of discounts.
The brand only sold 22 cars last month and 75+ cars in April 2021 whereas both BMW and Merc sold way more and saw respectable triple-digit sales. Hence, "Audi not giving discounts" is like the Sun rising from the west.

Now, answering your question, if you're keen on getting the A4, Audi allows its dealers to sell cars in other regions as well. So I would advise you to call up the Mumbai or Delhi or Gurgaon dealers and have a conversation with them. AFAIK, A4 was selling at a good 9-10L OTR off, last month (ofc, can be negotiated further). If you can wait for a few months more, pretty sure you'll be able to secure discounts in the range of 12-14L OTR, if not more, in the CY End months (Nov-Dec).

Audi has different categories of Dealerships in India. The Mumbai and Delhi dealers are Category A dealers, therefore more margin and more discounts. Rest majority of the Dealers across India are Category B dealers. There are Category C dealers as well in a few states. If one wants to buy an Audi, it's better to negotiate as hard as possible with the Category A dealers and get a quote from them, and then approach the preferred nearby dealer and ask them to better the offer. If matched, good, or else the Mumbai or Delhi Audi dealers are always there!
sampadroy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 19:03   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Right! New launch!
Funnily enough, the 2021 A4 was available at a min discount of 12-14L OTR in the month of March, just 2 months after launch!
With those kinds of discounts, OTR prices can be as low as 37 lakhs! If this is the case, the A4 may make more sense than an Octavia L&K - which sells at an OTR price of around 33-34 lakhs. For a few lakhs more, you get better brand value, triple zone climate control, a faster car and the much vaunted sunroof

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 17th June 2021 at 19:11.
84.monsoon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 19:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Just a note, the discounts on Audi has impact to resale too. A 2 year used A4 will be selling quite low, at these prices(40L OTR) a well maintained A4 will go for 18-29L 2 year down the lane. While BMW/Merc also depreciate, its not as much as an Audi. That said had than paying 37L for Octavia, I will happily pay 40L for Audi A4. Better brand value, more kit and sorted dynamics from factory!
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 19:13   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
If you can wait for a few months more, pretty sure you'll be able to secure discounts in the range of 12-14L OTR, if not more, in the CY End months (Nov-Dec).
At 40L OTR Mumbai, I will be in the queue to get hold of a piece of german luxury. Jeep Compass Model S prospective buyers would find an opportunity to move up laterally.
Gsynch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 19:20   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Just a note, the discounts on Audi has impact to resale too. A 2 year used A4 will be selling quite low, at these prices(40L OTR) a well maintained A4 will go for 18-29L 2 year down the lane. While BMW/Merc also depreciate, its not as much as an Audi. That said had than paying 37L for Octavia, I will happily pay 40L for Audi A4. Better brand value, more kit and sorted dynamics from factory!
My FIL recently sold his A3 for 16L. 5 year old car, mileage in high 5 figures. It was his daily driver. It was purchased in early 2017 for around 25L. Resale isn’t that bad.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 19:22   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
With those kinds of discounts, OTR prices can be as low as 37 lakhs! If this is the case, the A4 may make more sense than an Octavia L&K - which will sell at an OTR price of around 33-34 lakhs. For a few lakhs more, you get better brand value, triple zone climate control, a faster car and the much vaunted sunroof
Correct, but going by the New Octavia's atrocious pricing, am pretty sure we'll see good discounts pouring in this CY/FY End. If that happens, the Octavia might sell at 28-29L OTR which would bring the difference of 10Lacs back, between the A4 and Octavia. It would be interesting to see which sells more then, the Octavia or the "Glorified" Octavia, a.k.a. Audi A4.

After all, the Skoda India Boss himself said that the new Octavia would be competing with the Entry Level Luxury Sedans in terms of everything, which I believe, includes the price and subsequent discounts.

Last edited by sampadroy : 17th June 2021 at 19:25.
sampadroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 22:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
My FIL recently sold his A3 for 16L. 5 year old car, mileage in high 5 figures. It was his daily driver. It was purchased in early 2017 for around 25L. Resale isn’t that bad.
In Jan earlier, a 2019 A6 Petrol was quoted 32L with about 30K on ODO. This was listed in AudiApproved plus website. Down south, petrol premium sedans depreciate quickly as compared to diesel.
Just rechecked website, 2019 diesel A3 is listed at 26.5L with 22K on ODO and a Petrol A3 in Guwahati for 25L. I am sure the actual seller would not have got more than 20-22 L. After the first hit, there is not much depreciation as car gets older. Dealers quote 2016/17 A3 about 20L on which there will be negotiations.
Conversely I see petrol cars up North( especially NCR) don't depreciate as much.

Last edited by PrideRed : 17th June 2021 at 22:54.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 13:38   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Completely agree the A4 is a better bet than the Octavia for a little bit more - even at 5-7L more it would be worth it : premium quality interiors, better NVH, etc.
I've seen posts here where Superb, Tiguan, C Class, etc. have been thrown into consideration. Having owned a 2011 A6 (sold after 9 years this April), several Skodas & VWs, and other competitors like the F30 3 Series, W205 C220d - the A4 still has an appeal as an all rounder car.
Interior's are arguably a little nicer than the typical BMW interiors, ride quality & rear seat experience is better than the C Class (low seating, poor underthigh support, firm ride), NVH would be superior to the Octavia / Tiguan (makes a difference on longer trips), etc.
Yes the BMW is the out and out better driver's car, the Superb/Camry is the better chauffeur driven car, and the Mercedes interiors and brand value are top of the class - but the A4 is something I can give to my driver to ferry us around & due to size even carry out some chores; but also something I wouldn't mind taking out myself (Due to Covid and related commute restrictions many people are finding it hard to get their drivers daily) & it's probably going to be a lot more fun on a road trip than a Tiguan / C / Kodiaq.

Regarding resale, what's interesting is that our 2011 A6 which was sold at 40L ex-showroom post discounts just before discontinuation still commanded a fairly decent resale value : I would say almost at par than a similar vintage F10 5 series & W212 E Class.
In the short term it would definitely take a hit but an A4 at 40-42L on road vs a 330i at 50-55L on road - I'm paying for it one way or another

EDIT: If anyone reads my A6 ownership, and posts on VWAG group it should be clear I'm not a fanboy. But with their extended warranty programs, seemingly well thought out specs, & brilliant value after discounts : they do make a strong case for themselves today.

Last edited by lamborghini : 18th June 2021 at 13:40.
lamborghini is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 19:48   #39
BHPian

Took a TD today. Interiors are really very very good. Better than the 3/C IMO. The Audi virtual cockpit is just something else. I don't think anything comes close. Merc is good but I think I like the Audi way more.

I think I drove a powerful FWD car after a long time. The torque steer is hard to ignore. It comes in all the time and I'm not a fan honestly. It's definitely not a luxury car for the enthusiast.

I actually asked about the discounts after reading GTO's Octavia review mentioning the A4 to be a 40L car. That was also supported by many of you mentioning the 14L discounts. But the dealer here said they only have a 4L discount, and that he will check if he can do something but it seems unlikely to get 14-15L, without which I would never buy this over a 3. For 40L it's a steal but for 55L, I'd get a RWD German any day.

Also considering a used 530d, which I prefer but let's see how things work out haha (used car prices in Bangalore are just )
Naman_Ferrari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 21:06   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I actually asked about the discounts after reading GTO's Octavia review mentioning the A4 to be a 40L car. That was also supported by many of you mentioning the 14L discounts. But the dealer here said they only have a 4L discount, and that he will check if he can do something but it seems unlikely to get 14-15L, without which I would never buy this over a 3. For 40L it's a steal but for 55L, I'd get a RWD German any day.

Also considering a used 530d, which I prefer but let's see how things work out haha (used car prices in Bangalore are just )
Problem is we bangalore folks pay more for new and used cars. They don't sell like Mumbai here. Mumbai is the one that has 14-15L offers. Bangalore is always stuck with lower discounts and for the A4 I would estimate max 6L here. Dealer won't bother even ordering and won't stock here in the same numbers that Mumbai.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 21:11   #41
BHPian

Quote:
From "Barely any discounts..." to a 4L discount. Not bad!
As I had mentioned earlier, there's no such thing as "Audi not giving discounts".

Coming to the discount offered part, am guessing the 4L discount offered by the Bangalore Dealer must be on the ex-showroom price and not the OTR price. I would ask you to push them harder and negotiate as much as possible. I believe the Bangalore Dealer might be a Category B dealer hence, lower discounts. Category B dealers can never match Category A (Delhi/Mumbai/Gurgaon/etc.) dealers in terms of outright negotiations/discounts.

If you're keen on getting the A4 right now, I would advise you to contact the Mumbai/Delhi dealers and get the best quote from them. Negotiate hard and try to lower the quote as much as possible and then ask the Bangalore dealer to match it. Simple.
Also, if possible, do think about the idea of buying the A4 from Mumbai/Delhi and then getting it registered in Bangalore. Many BHPians do follow this trick while buying luxury cars and it is worth the hassle!

Now, if you want outright better discounts in Bangalore or better discounts in general, I would suggest you to wait for this CY End (Nov-Dec). Pretty sure the 4L will become 6/7L, minimum, and you can ofc negotiate further.
sampadroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 21:22   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Took a TD today. Interiors are really very very good. Better than the 3/C IMO. The Audi virtual cockpit is just something else. I don't think anything comes close. Merc is good but I think I like the Audi way more.

I think I drove a powerful FWD car after a long time. The torque steer is hard to ignore. It comes in all the time and I'm not a fan honestly. It's definitely not a luxury car for the enthusiast.

Hi, we just a bought a A4 Premium Plus before the lockdown for 41.7 OTR Gurgaon Registration for a discount of almost 10L. I think they are offering more now as sales would be low due to the Covid crisis so you should be able to get more discounts. If Bangalore dealers are not offering discounts try going through a DSA (Direct Selling Agent for a bank loan) they can get you good deal and can get the car billed pan india.

Last edited by GTO : 19th June 2021 at 07:31. Reason: Expanding what DSA means :)
vap2151 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 17:06   #43
BHPian

Bangalore dealer is offering only 4 Lakhs as discount. I checked a few days back. Unless the difference between 330i and A4 is more than 5 lakhs, I will not go for A4. I am pretty clear on that.
The offer was made even without a visit to the showroom. I am sure I will get a better discount once I show more interest. Negotiation skill will also be key here
FamilyTraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 17:17   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vap2151 View Post
Hi, we just a bought a A4 Premium Plus before the lockdown for 41.7 OTR Gurgaon Registration for a discount of almost 10L. I think they are offering more now as sales would be low due to the Covid crisis so you should be able to get more discounts. If Bangalore dealers are not offering discounts try going through a DSA (Direct Selling Agent for a bank loan) they can get you good deal and can get the car billed pan india.
Can you Please let me know how does the DSA bank loan work to get the car from other state ?
sudhir3127 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:30   #45
BHPian

Today morning did a TD of A4 Technology.

Car was brought to my home by showroom guys and had leisure time driving it around. Liked the punchiness of TSI engine and the stability of a german automobile.

In the opening commercial discussion only, I was offered a 6L discount at the list price and another 1L off on a 5-year comprehensive service plan + extended warranty, RSA.
Gsynch is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks