Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2021, 13:45   #121
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Unfortunately, there lies the problem. The Compass is a good 5L more expensive than a similarly loaded Seltos or Creta. That translates to 6L on-road difference.

For someone on a fixed budget, this premium can't be justified, come what may. The net gap should be 2L for someone to consider this car, especially the lower variants which bring in good volumes.

For someone with a flexible budget and looking for a good 4-5 seater car and willing to pay significant premium for the experience offered, Compass becomes a strong contender.
Its not in the same segment to compete against each other and for customers to consider. Perhaps when choosing between Tucson/Octavia/Karoq, the compass can be an option. Even spec sheet wise, Creta and Seltos are not in contention. Hence, for the manufacturer, it will be hard to price the lower variants at OTR 16-18 L.
Harsha89 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 14:29   #122
BHPian

Long awaited 6 air bags in Limited is welcome move and having Panoramic sun roof in Limited(O) is excellent.

Safety over Sun roof.

Sport and Longitude has the pack to go volume sales and Limited for safety pack, while the top two takes care of luxury features.
tirumalavoleti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 14:35   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Its not in the same segment to compete against each other and for customers to consider. Perhaps when choosing between Tucson/Octavia/Karoq, the compass can be an option. Even spec sheet wise, Creta and Seltos are not in contention. Hence, for the manufacturer, it will be hard to price the lower variants at OTR 16-18 L.
Ohh, very much they are

While making a purchase, cross-shopping occurs a lot. For example, a top end Nexon/Sonet vs. a base/mid Creta or a top-end Creta vs. a base/mid Compass. People prefer a car from the next segment because of reasons, mainly:

1. Bigger engine size and better performance

2. Better dynamics (read as suspension, brakes, steering)

3. Bigger car and better interiors

Between the Creta and the Compass, pt #3 doesn't hold good as Compass is nearly the same size (rear space is smaller). Fit/finish wise Creta is not far off. And looks are a personal preference.

Pt #1 and #2 hold good but the differential advantage of the Compass is less compared to the premium FCA is charging.

Last edited by ashis89 : 19th January 2021 at 14:40.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 15:16   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
The three cars that you've mentioned are definitely a grade above the Compass. However delusional Jeep might get, I think the only thing going for Jeep is an aspirational brand. Other than that, there are much better vehicles for this much money. If Jeep really was a premium/luxury brand, they'd be selling many more of their higher end vehicles also. It's a mid market brand and the Compass has been built for a budget - and it shows. Everyone needs to realise this and bring Jeep India down to earth, in my opinion. That said, I'd buy the Compass if the top end stops at 22-23 lakhs OTR - i.e. 2-3 lakhs above the top end of Creta/Seltos. I just don't think its worth more than that.
Anyway, people have been fine with paying the premium for Jeep so far, and will probably still pay for it, it just isn't for me.

Last edited by sharninder : 19th January 2021 at 15:18.
sharninder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 15:45   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Between the Creta and the Compass, pt #3 doesn't hold good as Compass is nearly the same size (rear space is smaller). Fit/finish wise Creta is not far off. And looks are a personal preference.

Pt #1 and #2 hold good but the differential advantage of the Compass is less compared to the premium FCA is charging.
I too was on same opinion until I sat and test drive the two back to back. The previous iteration compass felt a lot more upmarket and the drive felt better too. Compass also had 4x4 which was not an option in Seltos. A drive convinced me that these two belong to different segments. That said, was the Compass worth 8L premium? May not be for many and Seltos is definitely a lot more value. Area where Compass falls short big time is w.r.to petrol motor, Just don't see a reason to pay the premium.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 16:43   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
The three cars that you've mentioned are definitely a grade above the Compass. However delusional Jeep might get, I think the only thing going for Jeep is an aspirational brand. Other than that, there are much better vehicles for this much money. If Jeep really was a premium/luxury brand, they'd be selling many more of their higher end vehicles also. It's a mid market brand and the Compass has been built for a budget - and it shows. Everyone needs to realise this and bring Jeep India down to earth, in my opinion. That said, I'd buy the Compass if the top end stops at 22-23 lakhs OTR - i.e. 2-3 lakhs above the top end of Creta/Seltos. I just don't think its worth more than that.
Anyway, people have been fine with paying the premium for Jeep so far, and will probably still pay for it, it just isn't for me.
Karoq is above Compass? In which way? Or is that because of its CBU origin? Or is it the DQ200 7 DCT which is better than the Compass petrol, but what else. For 30 lacs, the Compass 4x4 diesel is superior to the Karoq-, especially with the embellishments of the 2021 model. And both can seat only 4 adults in absolute comfort.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 19th January 2021 at 16:46.
fhdowntheline is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 16:48   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Seriously- Karoq is above Compass? In which way? Or is that because of its CBU origin? Or is it the DQ200 7 DCT which is better than the Compass petrol, but what else. For 30 lacs, the Compass 4x4 diesel is superior to the Karoq-which is a crossover with mostly urban-highway credentials. Especially with the embellishments of the 2021 model.
Ok, sorry I read that as Kodiaq. But the rest of my post still holds. I think Karoq is roughly equivalent of the Compass but it does "feel" bigger. For what it's worth, At the current price, I wouldn't buy the Karoq either.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 17:18   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Ok, sorry I read that as Kodiaq. But the rest of my post still holds. I think Karoq is roughly equivalent of the Compass but it does "feel" bigger. For what it's worth, At the current price, I wouldn't buy the Karoq either.
The Kodiaq which was sold earlier was underpowered for its class. Also, the facelift Compass betters it in terms of equipment. Driving pleasure is a toss-up between both. Only differentiator being the sheer size and interior space of the Kodiaq. Karoq has a torsion beam rear setup and not very well equipped for the price. So I guess each has its own USP.
Old 20th January 2021, 15:37   #129
BHPian

A new Milind soman ad coming out I guess. My local dealer sent me a 60 second clip. Features the same metallic green color. It says 'Follow us to know more' in the end of the video so should be out on brand social handles soon if not out already.

PS: The video is out now on Youtube here is the link

Last edited by Aditya : 21st January 2021 at 19:54. Reason: Quoted text deleted
scarezebra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 21:04   #130
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 21st January 2021 at 08:51.
SatyRoy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st January 2021, 12:17   #131
BHPian

What does the "S" stand for?

if they price it well (albeit introductory pricing), Jeep is certain to draw many customers, including me. This Compass S would be an worth upgrade from the Fiesta 1.6 S
Old 21st January 2021, 13:12   #132
BHPian

Only "S" has projectors this has to be a typo from a Sport only reflector to S only projector. The projectors on my Compass is one of the best features after some mods
ajaiD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 12:17   #133
BHPian

Overdrive's road test review of facelifted Jeep Compass is out.

https://www.overdrive.in/reviews/202...d-test-review/
northstar* is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 14:07   #134
BHPian

Video review by topgear.

navaneeth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 16:12   #135
Senior - BHPian

Autocar's Review on the Compass is out.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 22nd January 2021 at 16:13.
akash_v12 is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks