Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2021, 19:52   #136
BHPian

Re: Cars that you regret NOT buying!

I regret not buying any car when I could have and should have bought one. Those were initial years of my service and with no liability, I should have got one. But I spent too much time in research.
NH08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 20:02   #137
BHPian

In India, it's Chevrolet Beat.

Back then I rejected it because I found the rear seat too claustrophobic with all the black interiors and black seat. I ended buying Polo 1.6. However, 6 months into using Polo I realized I pretty much never sat on the rear seat since it was my car

I sighed every time I saw a red beat at the red light. Still do.
vellatechie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 20:18   #138
BHPian

BMW F20 1 series (The last of its kind)
Back when it was in production, it was one of kind in the segment. It was the only hatch with rear wheel drive. The long front end and the chiseled looks of the face lifted versions was something I desired for badly. Had the opportunity to throw around a rented 120d back in 2016 on a trip through northern Scotland and that was the last time I enjoyed this car. Unfortunately back then I had no financial backing to buy one and now when I do, its no more ! Always had my eye for the M135i/M140i and the 120d. These days even a decently used 118i is hard to come by where I live.

Name:  Screenshot 20210113 at 20.17.02.png
Views: 1397
Size:  527.8 KB
RajeevMD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 21:23   #139
BHPian

Pajero SFX - I bought the Pajero Sport instead and never connected with it.

Abarth Punto - Almost pulled the trigger on a second hand one and chickened out at the last minute. Bought the Ignis instead since it ticked more boxes.

In both cases, I feel I should have listened to my heart rather than my head. I would have been considered impractical by the world but I would have been happier.

Last edited by motorotor : 13th January 2021 at 21:24.
motorotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 21:24   #140
BHPian

None, really.

We have a tendency to romanticise the pros of what could have been while overlooking the cons.

Sometimes I think I could have bought the Polo GT TSI instead of the Octavia 1.8 TSI and had a similar amount of fun at a much lower price. Then I remind myself that the weak AC was a deal breaker in addition to not so great interiors and negligible rear space.

Then I see a beautiful Jeep Compass on the road and think I could have bought that instead of the Octavia. It has better ground clearance and ride quality. Then I remind myself that I wanted a fast auto. And that I hated the vibes and lag of diesels.

Last edited by evil_grin : 13th January 2021 at 21:26.
evil_grin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 21:28   #141

I regret not buying the Fiat Linea T-Jet. It was the middle of 2019. I fell in love with the car the moment I saw it in the showroom. I was also getting a mouth watering deal on it.

I discussed this with my friends amd family. However, nobody wanted me to go ahead because of pathetic ASS experience of FCA India. Ultimately, I had to yield to them and let it go. Even today when I see one on the road, my heart cries for it. It feels like looking at an ex married to someone else.
svartpilen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 22:35   #142
BHPian

Lots!

The ones which I dreamer off as a kid:

118NE
HM Ambassador after we left the first to the company
HM Contessa - indian muscle car
Tata Estate
Tata Sierra- the first SUV
Tata Safari- the luxury
Skoda Octavia gen 1 rs
Honda City gen 1 1.5 vtech
Mitsubishi Lancer
Daewoo Cielo
Opel Astra
Fiat Palio S10 in yellow
Fiat Punto 1.3 mjd 90
Fiat Dumbo with opposite doors
Maruti Gypsy
Maruti baleno
Maruti zen carbon
Jeep compass
Ford Endeavour 3.2
VW Jetta 2.0d it was the only car I longed for after getting the TSI

The ones which I could have taken the plunge in reality:

Honda Brio (got a GT TSI instead no regrets but never the less the other car I loved)
Maruti 800 SS80 DX- my mechanic ditched me at the last moment
Polo GT TDI 1.6 was smitten by the torque but TSI+DSG+ESP made me stick to the TSI at the time of delivery
Maruti Swift 1.3 while it was still there
Tiago JTP was one hot hatch which I loved could have got it but delayed decision till the new car itch went away
Mahindra Thar gen 1 was looking for a second hand as an itch, found them too expensive or too abused, left the itch.
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 - loved the bike but never had the guts to go on long drives on a bike- will consider if they ever launch a 650 meteor
Honda unicorn 150 - should have not settled for activa in engineering college

Last edited by 1.2TSI7DSG : 13th January 2021 at 22:37.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 22:57   #143
BHPian

I have a regret of not getting my hands on the below cars. It was not that i didn't buy these and went for other cars, but by the time i could afford to buy a car these were already out of the market.

1. Chevrolet SRV : This was one of the first cars i fell in love with. This came with 2.0 L diesel or 1.6L Petrol versions. I still feel this car came too early in the market. Now was the right time for it to be sold in India.

2. Fiat Palio : This was another car that i fell instantly in love with. It could have been my first car if it wouldn't have been discontinued by the time i managed to save enough.

3. HM Contessa : This had been a child hood dream. The all Indian Muscle car. I still keep thinking of buying a used car and using it. But the maintenance of this car would be too much to ask for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Cars that you regret NOT buying!-chevroletsrv.jpg  

chhotagujju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 23:03   #144
BHPian

For me its the Chevy SS here in the US. It was the last year of its sale and there were few Manual transmission units running at a whopping 20% discount. I decided to be financially prudent and chose to buy a cheaper used family sedan.

3 years later, the Chevy SS ( being the last V8 Manual RWD sedan ever sold here ) has huge resale values. Some are even selling for more than the 2017 prices ! Whereas my current sedan has tanked in value.

One of my biggest regret !
anand_lukose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 23:38   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svartpilen View Post
I regret not buying the Fiat Linea T-Jet. It was the middle of 2019.
Deja vu. Same story with me, same year too
Now, I'm desparately looking for a well-maintained used one, no luck so far.
redCherry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 23:45   #146
BHPian

The only vehicle that I regret not buying was a petrol CJ-3B Mahindra but it went out of production when I was still in school.

The second vehicle that I almost lost out on was a Gypsy; fortunately, I was able to pick up a brand new one in 2016.

With the way things are going, it will be impossible to get a petrol V-8 body on frame 4WD in a couple of years and that's what's on my radar now....
Vikram Arya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 02:17   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
The Cedia Sports back when they were clearing it off for under 10L was it? Sigh. More heart than mind

In hindsight maybe it was better i did not buy it!
Haha, I got mine from one of those in 2013, It's a Select version though. It really is worth the hype and living through the nerve wracking wait for spares. Kochi still seems to have a Service center and by the likes of it being run nicely...
Sandy Damodaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 05:29   #148
BHPian

Ford Fusion -had the moolah but then somehow backtracked . By the time had come to senses it was out .
polopm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 07:31   #149
BHPian

Chevrolet (Subaru) Forester.
Will always regret not buying this awesome machine. And to make matters worse for the next 2-3 Years no good specimens were seen on the used market and every owner I spoke to were absolutely in love with their cars.
harshaguduru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 09:11   #150
BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.6S. Cars like that may not come anymore.
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks