Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2021, 10:32   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Can anyone guess the reason behind this sudden move.
Someone whose desperation for publicity is well known...now wants ECI to do this.

Oh sorry, the ECI is just doing its job. Gotta keep our mouths zipped.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 4th March 2021 at 10:34.
JayPrashanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 11:11   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Someone whose desperation for publicity is well known...now wants ECI to do this.

Oh sorry, the ECI is just doing its job. Gotta keep our mouths zipped.

Cheers,

Jay
Well, from what I hear he has COVID certificates to replace all this. I actually think the opposition did a mistake here. Some pics like the one attached were going viral.
Attached Thumbnails
Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India-img_20210304_111103.jpg  

JithinR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 21:18   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh101 View Post
- He did The threat of licence revocation for something that's protected under the constitution is a crime and should infact be investigated.
My 2c is that one should be able to call another a buffoon to the face, if asked.
If someone walks up to you and calls you one, you can do as you deem fit, knowing that a battery/assault charge is one lapse of judgement away.

But threatening the livelihood of individuals at the pump when people barely have enough going around - I shudder to think of what will come of this place. I come from a lineage of armymen - though my knees held me back, I cannot help but ask whether the whole country today reduced to authoritarianism where blackmail and unilateralism is getting the better of the so-called democracy and constitutional rights?

I've seen worse - I've seen people done in for way less in life.
You've all read of that teacher who was shot cause she asked someone to not honk, whilst on a rikshaw!
wooka is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 09:32   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
I cannot help but ask whether the whole country today reduced to authoritarianism where blackmail and unilateralism is getting the better of the so-called democracy and constitutional rights?
Yes. Yes, it is.

Anybody who says different is kidding themselves. Having some famous 1 percent talking heads appear on news media and scream against the government isn't "freedom". People say "Look, THEY get to say whatever they want about the government and their policies, HOW can you say there's no freedom? Can anyone do this in CHINA?!"

Yeah well, most of those have massive social media presence, journalists on speed dial and possibly even private security. Can the common man do the same? Without fear of being lynched or worse, harm to his loved ones?

The fault also lies in our esteemed opposition. In a healthy, vibrant democracy, the opposition plays an important role, supportive when the people in power do good for the country's populace and like a sharp watch dog when they don't. Here though.. *sigh*

Last edited by Singh101 : 7th March 2021 at 09:51.
Singh101 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 09:53   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh101 View Post
Yes. Yes, it is.

The fault also lies in our esteemed opposition, though. In a healthy, vibrant democracy, the opposition plays an important role, supportive when the people in power do good for the country's populace and like a sharp watch dog when they don't. Here though.. *sigh*
Couldn't agree with you more! I always wondered why the Opposition never stands up for the victim. And this was during the previous governments as well, not just this one. I would go so far as to say that many issues created by the previous governments have to be blamed on the opposition - they have the authority to prevent those in power from misusing their office. Much of what is happening now is misuse of power. Also, note how they cheerfully colluded to create electoral bonds.
mvadg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 11:52   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
I always wondered why the Opposition never stands up for the victim.
The sad thing is that here, the "victim" is the entirety of India's middle class. It's always been the easiest to gently squeeeeze the life out of the hardworking, aspirational common man 'for the greater good'.

Who's greater good, you ask?

Oh no no no. That won't do. Don't be seditious.
Singh101 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 11:22   #172
Senior - BHPian

Petrol & diesel prices are at all-time highs in India. Petrol now just 86 paise short of Rs 100 a litre in Mumbai, diesel at Rs 90.71. Regular hikes in 13 days make petrol costlier by Rs 2.02 a litre and diesel by Rs 2.52. From April 2020, petrol dearer by Rs 23.86 a litre, diesel by Rs 25.52

Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India-20210519_111844.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 11:31   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Petrol & diesel prices are at all-time highs in India. Petrol now just 86 paise short of Rs 100 a litre in Mumbai, diesel at Rs 90.71. Regular hikes in 13 days make petrol costlier by Rs 2.02 a litre and diesel by Rs 2.52. From April 2020, petrol dearer by Rs 23.86 a litre, diesel by Rs 25.52

Attachment 2157728

Source
What better time than a pandemic with the economy under severe stress, to exorbitantly raise prices of essentials. The GST earned from oxygen and masks and PPEs and ambulance services and hospital care services clearly is not enough loot to fund the Mahals being built for the Maharaj. But but but opposition...
RoadTrippin is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 23:57   #174
BHPian

Till date people compare efficiency of cars by mileage. But they also then calculate in their minds the cost of running the car for every km. Ideally that should be the default parameter now to begin with. Since even though mileage will remain constant but the ₹/km will keep increasing due to rising cost of fuel.
souvikjana83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 23:10   #175
Senior - BHPian

Fuel prices as of 08th July 2021.

Petrol now crossed 100 in all major cities of India.

Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India-fb_img_1625766104875.jpg

Source: Mirror Now.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 16:53   #176
Senior - BHPian

There seems to be no end to this. It's started pinching my pocket too & I have also now reduced my car usage.
Attached Thumbnails
Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India-nose.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 16:08   #177
BHPian

The way the increase is happening is now really pissing off!! I would always think once it crossed 100, people would really make noise and the govt would do some drama and reduce the prices to get some goodies by saying see we reduced prices. Filled up petrol today for 107.6 in Mumbai!!

When is this going to stop? My heart rate is similar to when shorting a stock and the prices starts climbing like a building lift!
SN88 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 21:27   #178
BHPian

We have reached 110₹ today. I am regretting for buying a car now. I feel it's just a burden, there is hope of this coming down but it's slowly fading. People have acceptable this as a norm and have given up already
PioneerNB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 07:22   #179
BHPian

Petrol Price Cut In Chennai by Rs 3, now in Chennai the petrol costs below 100. Tamil Nadu FM announced this while presenting TN budget.

https://www.ndtv.com/tamil-nadu-news...eficit-2509678
vvivek85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 10:20   #180
Senior - BHPian

It is 111 @ Shell for the normal petrol in Bengaluru
Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India-img_20210803_221537.jpg
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks