Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2021, 18:08   #241
BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India

He basically accepted the problems of the DQ200. Not sure how that goes down with Karoq (I think it has the DQ200) and other Skoda / VW owners who are burdened with this gearbox.
Old 26th May 2021, 01:00   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post

I suppose this indicates that the 1.5 TSI+ DSG combination won't be coming in the Octavia and 2.0 DSG will be the only Automatic option. While the DQ200 isn't very reliable, I think the combination would have sold in good numbers if priced well.
Beg to differ here.

It actually depends on the success of this 2.0 TSI L&K, top-of-the-line variant. Initially, we'll only see this variant if the Octavia is a hit and if the monthly sales figures are high.

But I believe that as soon as the sales figures dwindle, which will happen someday depending upon the competition and the market conditions, Skoda might launch the less expensive 1.5 TSI variant too, in order to regain its position and lost sales.

Skoda very well knows that if they launch the 1.5 TSI right now, then the higher 2.0 TSI variant would lose sales, and 60% or more buyers would opt for the 1.5 TSI only.
Therefore, maybe not now but in the future, we might see the 1.5 TSI as well and also a few more trim levels below the L&K variant!
Old 26th May 2021, 19:00   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Beg to differ here.

It actually depends on the success of this 2.0 TSI L&K, top-of-the-line variant. Initially, we'll only see this variant if the Octavia is a hit and if the monthly sales figures are high.
This makes sense. I’m sure there’s a lot of lent up demand and they’d likely milk it by making only the most expensive variants available. I’m in the market, and have been for more than a year, for a replacement for my Jetta and at this point will pick whatever Octavia variant is available even though I’d definitely have bought only the 1.5 if that option were available to me, given that I tend not to floor the pedal a 190bhp engine seems a massive waste for me. Presumably Skoda are planning to milk this unmet demand.
RoadTrippin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 19:14   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
I’m in the market, and have been for more than a year, for a replacement for my Jetta and at this point will pick whatever Octavia variant is available even though I’d definitely have bought only the 1.5 if that option were available to me, given that I tend not to floor the pedal a 190bhp engine seems a massive waste for me. Presumably Skoda are planning to milk this unmet demand.
I think if you are upgrading from 2 TDI Jetta you should go for 2 TSI, with 1.5 TSI you might not feel an upgrade. Having said that, based on most of the articles only 2 TSI might be launched.
Old 26th May 2021, 20:42   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
I think if you are upgrading from 2 TDI Jetta you should go for 2 TSI, with 1.5 TSI you might not feel an upgrade. Having said that, based on most of the articles only 2 TSI might be launched.
Yes, only 2.0 TSI will be available at launch. I guess Skoda will offer more than 1 variant at launch. Ambition, Style/Style+, L&K will be variants on offer I guess.

2.0 TSI Vs 2.0 TDI
190 bhp Vs 140/170 bhp
320 Nm Vs 320 Nm/350 Nm
7 Speed DSG Vs 6 Speed DSG.
15 kmpl Vs 19 kmpl.

On Paper, the Diesel has typical traits (Better Torque, Higher Efficiency) but sadly it won't be available. That 2.0 TSI is very thirsty, Hormazd Sorabjee shared on twitter of Tiguan Allspace which shares same engine as Octavia with AWD added.

I expect realistic figures of around 12 kmpl. Don't expect these Big Turbo Petrol's to be as efficient as their diesel counterparts. That's why I miss that 2.0 TDI in VAG Products so much.

Had there been a diesel option, this would have been a perfect replacement for our 10 year old Jetta with low investment.

Skoda please launch Octavia/Kodiaq/Superb with diesel option sometime early next year.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 00:41   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

I expect realistic figures of around 12 kmpl. Don't expect these Big Turbo Petrol's to be as efficient as their diesel counterparts. That's why I miss that 2.0 TDI in VAG Products so much.

Had there been a diesel option, this would have been a perfect replacement for our 10 year old Jetta with low investment.

Skoda please launch Octavia/Kodiaq/Superb with diesel option sometime early next year.
VAG diesels are good. Best mileage and easy maintenance and tons of torque. Will miss them surely. Have two of them in the family Jetta and Octavia. Absolute mile crunchers.

Yes, Skoda please bring back the TDIs atleast once in a year through special batches. Will be good to replace existing drives.
Karvel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 17:25   #247
BHPian

I got this message from my dealer, 27-32L will bring onroad prices to 37L in some cities.

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-unnamed.jpg
gasinveins is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 17:51   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasinveins View Post
I got this message from my dealer, 27-32L will bring onroad prices to 37L in some cities.

Attachment 2161179
Wow, that is extremely expensive if we are speaking of ex-showroom prices. My guess is, this would be on-road prices. The previous generation Octavia retailed at 22-27 lakhs on-road, so 27-32 lakhs on-road is already a hike almost 25% increase in prices. If this is ex-showroom, we are speaking of a 50% increase in prices, which the market simply will not bear. That is is Superb/Kodiaq territory.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 27th May 2021 at 17:52.
84.monsoon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 17:58   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I guess 27-32 Lakh will be the estimated on-road price, because if Octavia is touching 37 Lakh on-road, then the Superb is a much better deal!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 18:20   #250
BHPian

Quote:
This is just sad, really. What a waste of a good marketing buildup.

I hope they prove everyone wrong and price it sensibly and garner some good momentum

There's not many launches in this broad segment (price range) for a while - Octavia, 5 Seater Tiguan and maybe the new HRV(?) - that's about it I think!

Still, knowing the history of Skoda, VW and Honda, I think all of these will be overpriced for what they are

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th May 2021 at 23:09. Reason: Only two emoticons per post please. Thanks.
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 18:28   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2161179
Thanks for the information. Mostly these will be the on road price (hopefully), with top of the line at 32 lakhs. Up to 35 lakhs OTR in Bangalore, I still believe its a decent price.
Old 27th May 2021, 19:53   #252

If the above mentioned prices are on the road, it would really be a great deal. But if they are ex- showroom prices then the OTR would be too costly especially in Bangalore and would not sell in great numbers.
Hope Skoda prices it aggressively.
Old 27th May 2021, 20:39   #253
BHPian

if the price is to be true even as the on-road offering, then the Octavia in the used market might hold its value much better than before.
Old 27th May 2021, 23:39   #254
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2161179
Please correct me if I am wrong, but, as per the message, the dealer is quoting approx 27.5L-32L for the Octavia L&K (Colour: Brown) variant, which is usually the top of the line variant(except of course, vRS). However, 27.5L-32L is a very wide gap for a variant, not sure if the dealer is taking a wild guess on the pricing of L&K variant, or he is suggesting the price range for the entire range of upcoming Octavia variants.
thehacker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 07:56   #255
BHPian

Quote:
In all probability this is the OTR price for the full range of Octavia models that would be launched. It was pretty much expected the L&K variant would be in the region of 32-33 L OTR, but if the lower end version with the same engine and DSG combo is priced around 27.5-28 L , that would really be an amazing price!
Needless to mention, the lower end model may miss out on a few features, but the basic safety features are never really compromised in a premium euro spec sedan like the Octavia. So expect even the lower version, like with the earlier model, to come with 6 airbags and all other safety features.

Last edited by Timothy : 28th May 2021 at 07:57.
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks