Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What price do you expect?
15 to 21 lacs 191 20.34%
16 to 22 lacs 168 17.89%
17 to 23 lacs 177 18.85%
18 to 24 lacs 184 19.60%
19 to 25 lacs 219 23.32%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2021, 09:02   #631
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Overall it looks decent but I can see some goof ups.
Angular profiles on the spoiler (highlighted by 1 and 2) appear as if it was designed by an engineer and not a designer.
Chrome beading abruptly ending above the tail lamps is weird (3).
I can see some panel misalignment (4)
Size of the tail lamp is big and disproportionate.
Hope they look better in real life.

Attachment 2186230
Looks are very important to me. There goes my plan to buy this. You lost a customer Mahindra! Just can't digest the looks of the lamps, front and rear. But for them, could have turned out classy. Wasted opportunity IMHO.
rangarx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 09:20   #632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
This part in the video gives another hint about the exteriors and it looks better than the leaked image. Will be interesting to see proper high resolution images of the car. For now, the proportions seem a bit off.
Whats also eye-catching in that image are -
  1. Preset engine modes = Zip, Zap, Zoom. Are these options going to make it to the production version of the software I wonder. I hope not.
  2. A CUSTOM engine mode? So we can load another map into the ECU in some sort of a "vacant" option available ? Or what is it?
Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-xuv7oo_enginemodes.jpg
Reinhard is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 09:25   #633
Distinguished - BHPian

The only car Mahindra has managed not to screw up on in the design department is the Thar. And that is not due to any brilliance on the part of the design team, it is probably, just simply due to a mandate to not alter the Wrangler's design even a bit, unless approved by the top brass.

That the XUV 700 is an unmitigated disaster in design is absolutely no surprise. The company needed such a disaster to set a new course in design. Mahindra truly learns from mistakes and that is the only way they learn. Thet needed the KUV disaster to learn thet they need to keep away from small cars. They need the XUV 700 and the new Scorpio (which, I predict, will be equally ugly) to flop badly, to realise design is their biggest weakness. Seems they have already realised this, (with such an eyesore of a final product they have landed up with in the XUV 700, they don't have to wait for the market to tell them that have crashed) and are already on this path to redemption, as the recruitment of Prathap Bose shows.

Good news is M&M have solid mechanicals, the best engines and transmissions in the business, as the new Thar has proved. They also have very good reliability improvements in place - again the new Thar has had only minor niggles reported, nearly a year after launch. Interior design also seems to be improving as the simpler and more elegant interiors of the XUV 700 proves. Prathap can fix thr outside body design in months and they can have an "all new" XUV700 on the roads in 2 years.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 1st August 2021 at 09:32.
84.monsoon is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 09:26   #634
BHPian

Wow! Didn't expect the comments to jump from page 34 to 42 in a matter of 2 days!! XUV700 definitely is getting some visibility now. I commented earlier that M&M marketing is doing a bad job about the launch events, and they come out with a "leak" that does more damage to the brand

Personally, I think the leaked images are that of a prototype and not close to the production one. The distorted image isn't doing any good. The lighting enclosures in the front and rear always looked big even in the test mules (if you look closely to the enclosure borders under the wraps). It might still look good if the fit and finish of the production variant is upto the international standards. Else, it would look like a "chinese" replica of a jumbled design borrowed from various other brands/models including that of XUV500.

There is a fine line between a classy overdone design and just an overdone design. New creta is a good example of that and hence it works. Hopefully Mahindra has managed to achieve that goal and has kept the design to appealing and not appaling

The images from the new video on the infotainment and interiors makes it interesting and leaves you with some hope that it's still all good. See below the screenshots from the video to make my argument.

This looks pretty good overall
Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-img_0024.jpg

The hat on top of the infotainment seems to have made it to production, however, it looks less bulky and tastefully done as compared to the ones seen on test mules.
Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-img_0026.jpg

You can get a view of the front enclosure from here
Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-img_0033.jpg

Another front lighting view with DRLs on. I changed the exposure to slightly bring the entire car into the picture
Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-img_0027.jpg

This is the view of the entire car's side profile. The lines and curves looks acceptable. you can also see the rear lighting enclosure is quite big. Also note the date on the screen. It's 14 Feb 2021.
Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-img_0031.jpg

Let's take these new spy shots with a pinch of salt and not jump the gun to state that the existing XUV500 is better than the All New XUV7OO. Hope Mahindra will do some damage control initiatives
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 09:57   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurav_Nair View Post
Well, here it is -
Now, I understand why M&M had camouflage over the vehicle The vehicle was beautiful with camouflage over it.

Pratap Bose has plenty of work to do in M&M
searacer932 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 09:59   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post

My search for new car is becoming tricky day by day.
Plan is to lease a car from company that I work for and eligibility I am entitled is 19L ex-showroom.
Please elaborate on your requirements and criteria.
Well some of the common factors are
1. Looks are always subjective.
2. Petrol/Diesel/EV and the number of seats depends on your usage and should not be based on your budget.
Old 1st August 2021, 10:21   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Wow! Didn't expect the comments to jump from page 34 to 42 in a matter of 2 days!! XUV700 definitely is getting some visibility now.
Personally I feel that the spy shots had already revealed about 70% of the car and this new leaked image has only revealed the tail lamps and the spoiler/D pillar which is the other 30% (but yes this 30% turned out to be the worst kept secret). While I am disappointed with the tail lamps and the spoiler design, I already knew what to expect from the overall design. But most of the members seem to be reacting as if this is the first time we are seeing anything about the car
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 10:29   #638
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra should think of a XUV700 camouflage edition! Looks good on the car.
shortbread is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 10:30   #639
BHPian

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-f603ec37e8594251893977a09d94c53f.jpeg

Played with the exposure/brilliance to eek a little more detail out. The interior looks quite clean and fairly well put together. Plenty of knobs and switches to control thinks like the dual zone climate control etc.

A faux wood trim (if executed well) on the doors, and soft touch dash should make the cabin feel nice and premium. The screens look crisp.

The logo has been kept hidden from the steering wheel, so it's definitely coming with the first batch itself.

The ivory like colour of the seats is a concern, and will be hard to maintain, much like the Safari. Hopefully they offer an option.
vaibhav27 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 10:33   #640
BHPian

The drive modes screenshot says "Available in diesel only" at the left bottom. So no drive modes for petrol?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-img_0031.jpg  

udaikalra01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 10:41   #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurav_Nair View Post
Doesn't look good, hope it's just the angle of the photo. But going by the looks of it this would be the first car that looked much better in camouflage than without it !
Mahindra continues to churn out awkward looking cars, Thar being an exception. Hope Partap Bose moving in has the desired effect
Old 1st August 2021, 10:45   #642
BANNED

Looking at the latest spy image this car appears another product inline to XUV300. Tailgate looks inspired from Ertiga. I think they should really work in improving Marazzo rather just introducing a variant only because of SAFARI & ALCAZAR effect..

First think they need to do is to change the name so of their car. Please give some catchy name M&M.. The new logo looks promising though!. Atleast they did it now.
Old 1st August 2021, 10:47   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Whats also eye-catching in that image are -
[*]A CUSTOM engine mode? So we can load another map into the ECU in some sort of a "vacant" option available ? Or what is it?
Probably just to adjust steering weight (like they did in XUV300 with a button on the dash), throttle response (don't think any manufacturer allows customers to upload custom map) and maybe how aggressive the ABS and traction control systems would be.
Old 1st August 2021, 11:01   #644
BHPian

Jeez guys chill out ! Over 9 pages of replies based on some low quality distorted spy shots and how much of these replies actually add something useful to the forum is anyone's guess . It's been ages M&M is testing this xuv 700, teasing with camouflage and what not. When they first launched the XUV500 a decade ago, it looked nothing like what was on the offer in the market. What made it successful is the price factor, performance. Just chill out, let them launch the damn car first then maybe we can sit upright in our chairs and be ready to be "critique".
Peace out !
Akshay6988 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 11:06   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

While the original XUV packed every possible safety tech in its time , it did not say anything of it in the teaser. Just a Cheetah. It was a simpler way of conveying the message as to what can be expected.

The design must evoke an emotion or two, it can be hate as well. The way to make a 3 row minivan into an SUV is to do exactly what the original XUV did.

Every time I drive the new Safari, I'm reminded of what an achievement the XUV is, 700 has really big shoes to fill.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks