Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2007, 11:44   #151
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
All,

I have started seeing a few Logoff's in Mumbai...surprisingly all have been spotted by me in the wee hours...seems like the Logan owners are shy to take them in the mornings....

PS: I do not intend to hurt anyone's sentiments but this is pure observation...I have seen these cars with covers during the day and being driven at night.
You see being india's first "wide bodied car" owners find it prudent and easier to drive at late nights or early mornings. Its must be difficult to manoeuver such a "wide" car in full traffic.

Joking bro... that was such a funny observation you made. It must be just coincidence that you always saw them being driven around during odd hours. One reason could be that in full blast traffic its probably difficult to spot such one-off cars. Its only when the roads are virtually empty you see them. Let some mass build up and you will start spotting them even during the daytimes mate.
Old 21st May 2007, 12:15   #152
Senior - BHPian

I completely agree with you brother. The other observation that I have made is that near the Mahindra factory at Kandivali, they have about 6 Logan's parked with the covers and all and eating dust. they were there since 2 months now...I wonder if they were made for deliveries then why are they still there...they are certainly not the protos and they have full wheel covers and all...I guess they had certain manufacturing defects and hence have not been sent for deliveries.

Good move I guess. Any company of such repute would not want to take any chances with its new car.
Old 25th May 2007, 11:41   #153
Senior - BHPian

Contradictory views from the auto-analysts and Mahindra

Quote:
Auto industry sources say that Mahindra-Renault's first car Logan, has got a lukewarm response. But Mahindra Renault says that it has got 3,000 bookings for the car. However, to generate more demand it is taking some new steps, reports CNBC-TV18.

The booking amount for Logan has been slashed by up to Rs 40,000. Mahindra-Renault is also planning more variants of Logan. It will also be available across 100 dealerships by November.

Mahindra Renault stated that Logan has had 3,000 bookings since its launch on April 3. It claims that 1,500 units have so far been sold in May. It added that 70% of sales are from its diesel variant.
Old 25th May 2007, 12:14   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I completely agree with you brother. The other observation that I have made is that near the Mahindra factory at Kandivali, they have about 6 Logan's parked with the covers and all and eating dust. they were there since 2 months now...I wonder if they were made for deliveries then why are they still there...they are certainly not the protos and they have full wheel covers and all...I guess they had certain manufacturing defects and hence have not been sent for deliveries.

Good move I guess. Any company of such repute would not want to take any chances with its new car.
Yep

See those Logans everyday to and from work since I stay near the Mahindra factory in Thakur Village.

I saw the first Logan on the road on my way back from work on the highway at Jogeshwari. A black one at that. Looked very boxy and couldnt make out the claimed wide body. The headlights looked very tiny. I was avoiding a TD till now but after so much Logan talk I think i need to do one.
Old 25th May 2007, 12:17   #155
BHPian

Haven't seen a single Logan in Calcutta till date(apart from one outside the showroom). Can't believe it sank so badly.
Hope M&M do some brainstorming and come up with something better.
Old 25th May 2007, 12:17   #156
Team-BHP Support

I saw a few in Delhi. Brand new ones, driven very slowly in the fast lane. Looks like an 80s import.
Old 25th May 2007, 12:30   #157
Senior - BHPian

Today's Mumbai edition of Indian Express has a "blink and you will miss it" article in the business section. It quotes Mahindra Renault sources as saying that they sold 1,500 units in May, recieved 3,000 bookings in 3 weeks and their dealers have had 25,000 enquiries so far on the car.

Does that mean that out of 25,000 enquries only 4,500 were turned into actual sales? They have a serious problem here!

Last edited by amit : 25th May 2007 at 12:32.
Old 25th May 2007, 14:04   #158
BHPian

A couple of days ago, I saw one parked in Noida Sec-18 market. Pearl Silver kind of colour. At first it looked like the Peugeot to me. Also it looked quite small (atleast from the front) contradicting the "wide body" claims. The less said about the back of the car, the better.
Old 25th May 2007, 14:56   #159
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was avoiding a TD till now but after so much Logan talk I think i need to do one.
Are you kidding? What test-drive report have you read that we missed
Old 25th May 2007, 16:57   #160
BHPian

Can a TD be done without the intention of purchasing it ? Is it mandatory for the dealership to give vehicle for td ?

I mean to compare between different cars.
Old 25th May 2007, 17:23   #161
Senior - BHPian

Yes, you can go for test drive and not make the purchase, if you dont like the ride, thats what test drives are meant for.
Old 25th May 2007, 17:40   #162
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra has realised the detrimental effect of not offering a mid-equipped diesel variant. It is coming soon....
Old 25th May 2007, 20:48   #163
Senior - BHPian

i have seen only 2 logan's in Pune.
Old 25th May 2007, 21:50   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

AFAIK, the Logan is make in the mahindra plant in Nashik. M&M do have a unit in Kandivili, but its probably a sales office or something.
Old 25th May 2007, 22:38   #165
LLL
BHPian

4500 sales...really?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks