Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2023, 14:58   #601
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

This is incredible. I guess this can happen only here.Same color, same variant, delivery in 2 weeks!! Incredible again!!
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 22:38   #602

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaitkale View Post
I am happy to update you all that I received delivery of my XUV700 AX7L AT DSL AWD Electric Blue on Feb-11 from Randhawa Motors.
Booking was made on November 29, 2022, we received a call from Randhawa motors on January 28, 2023, informing us that the car had been allotted from Mahindra and will be reaching their stockyard in 3-4 days. This was not at all expected and the call came out of the blue, we were shocked. From booking to allocation, in 2 months.
Rest is all common, payment terms, insurance, PDI, etc.
The dealer agreed to match the quote for insurance & PDI provided I make some initial payment for billing. I transferred INR 3.5 Lakhs and did PDI, everything checked out.

Received 2 key fobs at the time of delivery & letter with details mentioning rear sequential indicators being made available at a later time (SA told me it will take 6 months).
Congratulations on your XUV 700, i got the delivery of my car after 11 months waiting period certainly not as lucky as you there, but after reading your post i saw at the end you mentioned rear sequential indicators being made available at later stage, so is it available for only the top model or is Mahindra providing it for other models, i just received 2 key fobs for my car and the dealer said Mahindra stopped providing sequential indicators. My model is AX7 PT.
ROCKY700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 23:33   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Guys, if you have a loan proposal ready or cash ready, simply call all the dealerships and tell them you want your XUV within 15 days and WhatsApp them the details. Cheers!
Hey Sandeep, Congrats on your new car. I had also taken this same route two times before, one for myself and another for a friend and surprisingly both times got the confirmation on car availability on the very same day! I had detailed my views on the post https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5476437 (Month long ordeal | Mahindra dealers made sure that I lose)

I tried the same way a third time last week and here is the long story short.

My close friend and business partner were looking out for a new car. He had driven my car extensively and he liked the car much, but as I am having one, we thought of having another model and went through all the options in the 20L to 60L frame. He is 6.5ft tall, he was not able to find a comfortable driving position in most of the cars and so we zeroed down to have another XUV700. (We both owned Scross Zeta for the r last 5 years) He was open to colour options and all we wanted to check was if we could get the car before the 1st of April so that he can skip the road tax hike. As I had taken this route before, we went hunting through all the Mahindra dealerships in South Kerala for free stock and we found one in just a half day! We started the calls by 11 am and paid the booking amount by 4 pm the same day. A dealer who is 150 kms away from my place was having one in transit in an Electric Blue colour. Got the VIN quickly and found it to be March made and the dealer assured it to be BS6.2 only. In fact, there was some sort of a free stock XUV700 available with all the 6 dealers I spoke to, including an AWD but we were looking specifically for this variant.

Got a confirmation last Tuesday that the car has arrived. Reached the dealership on Wednesday and did a quick PDI. The VIN matched and there was a paper written that it is a BS6.2 vehicle. The car had pre-installed sequential indicators and came with 2 keys. The ICE OS version was 10.14.11 and the camera visuals felt much more fluid than mine which is version 10.7. But missed checking if it came with wireless carplay. On the very same day of PDI, got calls from 2 other dealers claiming they got free stocks of AX7L DAT, one had it in white and the other in midnight black!

So if you have the finance options ready, is open for colour options and is willing to travel for the car, just call up all the dealerships in a 200 kms radius and you can have the car in just a few days is my take.

Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-whatsapp-image-20230322-12.26.14-pm-1.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-whatsapp-image-20230322-12.26.14-pm.jpeg

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd April 2023 at 10:21. Reason: minor corrections.
northstar* is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 10:54   #604
BHPian

How I got my XUV700 AX7 Petrol AT in 6months!

How I got my XUV700 AX7 Petrol AT in 6months!

In June 2022, I had made two bookings for XUV700 AX7L Petrol AT Silver. One at a dealer at Guwahati Assam and another online via Mahindra.com to the second dealer in Guwahati and both were showing a delivery date of April 2024.

In Dec 2022, after having waited for over six months and seeing no signs of reduction in delivery period, I got impatient and started the process of contacting each and every Mahindra Dealership in my state (smaller nearby towns) once every week and informing them that I was looking to buy immediately in cash and was checking to see if they had any available free stock of XUV700.

In a short while, I was able to find free stock of an AX7 Petrol AT in my choice of silver at a dealership in Tezpur, around 200kms from my place. I closed in on the deal and got the car invoiced on 31st Dec 2022 to beat the Jan 2023 price increase and took registration and delivery in Jan 2023

Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-whatsapp-image-20230327-10.49.12.jpeg

Last edited by vikash49 : 27th March 2023 at 10:55.
vikash49 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 11:25   #605
BHPian

A month ago, my cousin's paternal aunt bought an XUV700 AX7L D AT in white colour after waiting for nearly 2.5 months (booked in Dec 2022). Firstly, they had booked this very car in Petrol AT guise, but all of a sudden, they needed the car immediately due to some other reasons and they were ready to pay through cash. Since my cousin knew the manager of the showroom (Automotives LB Nagar), he insisted to look for free stock of AX7L AT and was open to getting a Diesel as well.

Surprisingly, his dad knows the general manager of this very dealer and insisted him the same. After few days, the manager told my cousin that an AX7L D AT in white colour is under transit since they weren't receiving any Petrols at that time and if you want it, will arrange it ASAP, to which his paternal aunt had obliged.

And, in the middle, the manager of this dealer had convinced his paternal aunt to take the Scorpio-N since it was readily available for delivery.
car_guy1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 17:13   #606
BHPian

Anyone in Bangalore waiting for their XUV700 to be delivered; what are the current timelines? I have booked XUV700 AX7 D AWD pearl white on Oct 2022 from Ananth Cars Bangalore. Its been six months now and still no signs of delivery date. Vehicle tracking is unchanged from Nov22. It still says Vehicle under planning. Wondering should I continue to wait or cancel the booking.

There are hardly any updates from the dealer as well. Neither on my booking nor availability of anything else owing to cancellations/Free stock.

As some of you suggested in this thread, I contacted multiple dealers in the city and told them that I am willing to buy the vehicle immediately if there are any free stock but all of them told me that it cannot be done without a booking it through them.

I am not sure if its the dealer or Mahindra but I am slowly loosing interest in it. Please suggest if I should stick to the same dealer or cancel the booking with the current dealer and do a fresh booking from another dealer.

Any inputs to expedite the delivery will be of great help.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Srinidhi : 27th March 2023 at 17:15.
Old 28th March 2023, 12:08   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinidhi View Post
As some of you suggested in this thread, I contacted multiple dealers in the city and told them that I am willing to buy the vehicle immediately if there are any free stock but all of them told me that it cannot be done without a booking it through them.

I am not sure if its the dealer or Mahindra but I am slowly loosing interest in it. Please suggest if I should stick to the same dealer or cancel the booking with the current dealer and do a fresh booking from another dealer.

Any inputs to expedite the delivery will be of great help.

Thanks in advance!
As people above have suggested, you can book at the other dealership if they promise to deliver the car early. And you don't have to necessarily cancel your existing booking as you might lose just up to 10% of the booking amount (many dealerships do not charge a cancellation amount) upon cancellation at a later stage once you have your car delivered from the other dealer.
amahale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 22:48   #608
BHPian

Can we transfer the booking from one dealership to another by retaining the queue? My friend has a booking which is ready for delivery but he wants to cancel. The dealer is not allowing the transfer to others. If transfer of dealers is allowed there are many who are actually allowing then I would like to get that transfer.
Old 1st April 2023, 09:42   #609
BANNED

What are your recommendations for -

1. Booking online vs in the showroom
2. Looking for AT + 360 cam. Weekly 50km usage. Which color and or variant will help get delivery fastest.

This is Bangalore Whitefield.
Old 2nd April 2023, 06:54   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
What are your recommendations for -

Booking with the dealer would be preferable as you can build a rapport with the SA/dealer who can assist with faster delivery incase of cancellations.

Quote:
2. Looking for AT + 360 cam. Weekly 50km usage. Which color and or variant will help get delivery fastest.

360 cam is available in "L" variants only and since your usage is on the lower side, you can go for Petrol variant. So, AX7L Petrol Automatic would be the preferred choice for you.

The most popular colours are Midnight Black and White, so you can book any other colour apart from these and also if you are flexible with colour then you can mention this to your dealer and he can allot you a car earlier.
Old 2nd April 2023, 07:06   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRIR45 View Post
Can we transfer the booking from one dealership to another by retaining the queue? My friend has a booking which is ready for delivery but he wants to cancel. The dealer is not allowing the transfer to others. If transfer of dealers is allowed there are many who are actually allowing then I would like to get that transfer.
Transfer of a booking is allowed only to immediate family as per Mahindra rules. I don't think transferring/changing the dealership is allowed either.

You can make a fresh booking at the dealership and workout with the Sales team to allot your friends cancelled car to you. This is possible but depends on how your (or your friends) rapport is with the Sales team and how willing are they to bend the rules.
Old 2nd April 2023, 09:35   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post

50km / week is extremely low for even a petrol car. I suggest you to look at the Nexon EV Max which has 360 camera. If you really want to go for the XUV, actually there are a lot of petrol 700s available in OLX posted by owners who apparently have a daily drive of 100+ kms and miffed by the low city mileage.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 2nd April 2023 at 09:41.
Old 6th April 2023, 18:43   #613
BHPian

With heavy heart, I am planning to cancel both of my XUV700 booking. I booked Ax7 Petrol in June 22 and Ax7 diesel in October 22. Between booking and now Mahindra has raised prices close 2.5 Lakhs. This has become too costly for my blood. With loans and interest rate increase, this price increase has effectively killed xuv700 for me.
RedMaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 15:40   #614

I have booked my XUV 700 AX7 L Diesel Automatic last month in Pune and the delivery date while tracking it online is showing as April 2024. The car is under Waiting for Production status (when i track my booking online). Seems like the production has not picked up yet. And surprisingly they had mentioned the estimated date as 21st April 2023 in the booking docket which was shared after booking. I am sure that's due to some error in their system. Not sure if this can be used as any negotiation tactic

But to be honest, I am waiting for Safari facelift launch. Hopefully they will launch it around Diwali. So, if Tata delivery is faster, or if they give a good deal I might go for it. Couple of features, i will be missing in XUV are, ventilated seats, Auto IRVM, adjustable middle seats, lights in 3rd row etc. Very small issues, but would love them. XUV's steering was great. No doubt about it. Its very smooth and easy to navigate in city traffic. But the sales executive told me that XUV L won't have telescopic steering which was surprising... Actually Tata was giving me a very good deal with Safari 2023, but i decided to wait for facelift. Keeping fingers crossed. I just hope they give electronic steering, infotainment upgrade plus ADAS level 2 features. For my usage that would be ideal. Note: i am not a driving expert so might have written wrong things in my comment. So please forgive me for any errors.
Old 10th April 2023, 17:35   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_27007 View Post
But the sales executive told me that XUV L won't have telescopic steering which was surprising
Seems some miscommunication from the SA.

XUV 700AX7 'L' variants do have telescopic steering.
northstar* is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks