Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2022, 22:56   #451
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Thinking of booking AX7 D AT midnight black ,dealership will be from Bangalore, considering the timeline can I get the vehicle by next Festival season ?
Old 1st October 2022, 18:20   #452

Hello BHPians,

This is my first post and I was hoping, while waiting for membership to get approved, that this will be done as a proud owner of XUV700 rather than be like Veer waiting for his Zara. Car is standing in dealership for last few weeks and I am still waiting for delivery.

I have a basic query. Mahindra dealership is asking me to go to RTO for car registration. As per them, Aadhar and Life insurance policy are not enough as address proofs and they need one more. Now, I have sent them official link (https://transport.maharashtra.gov.in...able-Documents) and have asked for any communication which says Aadhaar and policy won’t be enough for registration. But there is no clear response except repeated ask for more documents and now asking me to go to RTO. I don’t think this is reasonable. Asking experienced members if this is the usual practice in Mumbai ?
It’s been frustrating 10 days where I am just waiting for delivery, having paid outright, with no clear communication from dealership. Any advice ?
Old 1st October 2022, 20:54   #453
BHPian

Get the vehicle documents from the dealership get hold of a reputed RTO agent who will do the rest .
Timeline 1967 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 11:18   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jainsejeelo View Post
Hello BHPians,

This is my first post and I was hoping, while waiting for membership to get approved, that this will be done as a proud owner of XUV700 rather than be like Veer waiting for his Zara. Car is standing in dealership for last few weeks and I am still waiting for delivery.

I have a basic query. Mahindra dealership is asking me to go to RTO for car registration. As per them, Aadhar and Life insurance policy are not enough as address proofs and they need one more. Now, I have sent them official link (https://transport.maharashtra.gov.in...able-Documents) and have asked for any communication which says Aadhaar and policy won’t be enough for registration. But there is no clear response except repeated ask for more documents and now asking me to go to RTO. I don’t think this is reasonable. Asking experienced members if this is the usual practice in Mumbai ?
It’s been frustrating 10 days where I am just waiting for delivery, having paid outright, with no clear communication from dealership. Any advice ?
As per Maharashtra RTO, any utility bill in your name along with Aadhaar will suffice. If you are in a rented dwelling, a registered lease agreement will suffice.
Old 4th October 2022, 20:33   #455
BHPian

Does anyone know current waiting period for AX7 D AT? I have a booking for AX7 P AT and thinking about doing another booking with different dealer for AX7 D AT..
Old 4th October 2022, 22:25   #456

After following Team-BHP threads for a long time and multiple TDs I finally made the booking for AX7L D AT with India Garage, Bangalore. I was told a waiting period of 61-67 weeks!!

Though I made the booking on 01 October, till today I was not shared with the OTF number as the SA has been citing some issue with the Mahindra web site and he has not been able to log the booking. Is this something normal?
Old 6th October 2022, 13:39   #457

Quote:
Hello BHPians,

Thanks Nish6474 and Timeline1967 for your inputs.

So finally Veer was united with his Zara yesterday after much much-much with dealership. As expected, there was no RTO related issue and it was purely dealership related delays / lack of action which led to this entire scene. Waited for 5.5 hrs at dealership y'day to just get the delivery!

The car itself is amazing to drive! But the dealership experience was very poor throughout the buying process and there are lots of loose ends even now.
Just trying to get through all of this while giving myself solace that i got my AXL7PT MB in 9 months against original timeline of 21 months.

Met couple of people at dealership who were getting their AX5 variants within 2.5 months of booking.

Cheers!
Abhishek
jainsejeelo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 14:34   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
After following Team-BHP threads for a long time and multiple TDs I finally made the booking for AX7L D AT with India Garage, Bangalore. I was told a waiting period of 61-67 weeks!!

Though I made the booking on 01 October, till today I was not shared with the OTF number as the SA has been citing some issue with the Mahindra web site and he has not been able to log the booking. Is this something normal?
I will share my experience with you. Mon, 26-Sep - I attempted to book AX7L D AT from M&M website however the payment gateway was unsuccessful in generating OTP. I tried it on laptop, mobile and every time it was unsuccessful. Following day, tried again and this time the payment page gave a blank screen. Finally, the next day I requested my nearest dealership to take my offline booking. Even they struggled to book the vehicle for a day and finally on 29-Sep they were able to place a booking on my behalf.

Although I could not see the updates on the website immediately, the next day I could see the booking completed successfully and OTF number was generated. My first experience left a sour taste but I am glad it's finally done and now the long wait begins.
Sachin_Nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 22:44   #459
BHPian

Got a call from the dealership informing about the availability of AX3, AX5,& AX7,petrol manual variants each one in Red color, asked me if I am interested.But i declined the offer.It seems that Red color is the least favorite of all the colors .
Old 16th October 2022, 02:15   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As per them, Aadhar and Life insurance policy are not enough as address proofs and they need one more. Any advice ?
LIC policy is generally not a recognised proof of identity/age. Typically you need one proof of identity/age and one proof of address. You may have a driver license or PAN card which can be used to prove you are of driving age. The PAN card is what is generally used as a proof of identity/age and the AADHAR is used as proof of address.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 16th October 2022 at 02:18.
Old 16th October 2022, 13:18   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline 1967 View Post
Got a call from the dealership informing about the availability of AX3, AX5,& AX7,petrol manual variants each one in Red color, asked me if I am interested.But i declined the offer.It seems that Red color is the least favorite of all the colors .
May I know the name of dealer? Am ok with red color but want AT..TIA!
Old 16th October 2022, 14:29   #462
BHPian

It’s India Garage Bangalore,I was informed that only MT was available .Best of luck.
Old 16th October 2022, 21:42   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline 1967 View Post
It’s India Garage Bangalore,I was informed that only MT was available .Best of luck.
Thanks! i too have booked via India Garage! hope the AT variants are available soon!
ved_p_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 13:32   #464
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
This is my first post after joining here. Thanks for the tons of information.

I had booked XUV 700 AXL AWD in July. The estimated delivery is Jan 2024. The dealers are also non committed if this can happen early. Planning to make another booking just in case my dealer is not being fair and pushing the line up when cancellations happen.
Old 18th October 2022, 16:20   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRIR45 View Post
Hello BHPians,
This is my first post after joining here. Thanks for the tons of information.

I had booked XUV 700 AXL AWD in July. The estimated delivery is Jan 2024. The dealers are also non committed if this can happen early. Planning to make another booking just in case my dealer is not being fair and pushing the line up when cancellations happen.
You can try your luck by making another booking. But as per my dealer, there are hardly any cancellations for the Luxury variants
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks