Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2022, 22:35   #361
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
With my expected delivery date being Feb - March 2024, there are quite a few thoughts going on.
1. With the new Scirpio-N being launched
a. Apparently it would be using the same mHawk engine (ad mStallion too)? And other parts as well may be cross leveraged. How would Mahindra manage the parts and prioritise the manufacturing?
b. I do understand that there might not be a lot of cross shopping between the XUV7OO and Scorpio-N, but would any of this lead to reduction in delivery times for the XUV7OO?
Though point 1a is contrarion to this.

2. In a way I am (am I?) happy with the long divery times
a. Gives me an opportunity to save up some money
b. Gives Mahindra the opportunity to iron out niggles (and more)
c. Gives me hope that Mahindra might introduce ventilated seats, auto dimming IRVM by then.

3. In a way makes me apprehensive of Mahindra increasing their pricing at least 2 more times before i get delivery. I would expect prices on the top models to rise around INR 1.5 lakhs in the next 12-18 months.

4. I didn't need a car when I booked the XUV7OO. But now that I have booked it, i want it
My delivery is scheduled for Dec'23 and most of my thoughts are aligned with yours.

- There could be a substantial price increase between now and when the vehicle gets billed (assuming the schedule doesn't improve). Mine is AX7L P AT and I am considering 30L OTR (in Mumbai) as the threshold to evaluate my decision
- This applies more to Petrol heads. Though we have a temporary respite now, I am sure the prices could be going north and the low KMPL could be pinching. Hybrid launches are beginning to happen and we could have more options by 2024

Having said this, I expect Scorpio N to need less chips on a variant-to-variant comparison with XUV700. Apart from this, there should be no other component shortage. So, people in need of vehicle urgently might switch to Scorpio N and this should help the lead time also. Tucson launch could also help in reducing the LT.[/list]
atluri_rkc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 23:54   #362
BHPian

Imagine if I am a profit seeking corporate, I will prioritize deliveries with higher margins (recent bookings after price escalations) instead of price protected initial bookings. My suggestion is some of your lot (people who booked in the initial booking rush), whose deliveries are delayed beyond the promised timelines, to come together and file complaint with National Commission of Consumer Redressal Forum and ask Mahindra to deliver on their promise and also seek compensation. You may need 15-18 people (easily doable considering number of complaints on this thread) to cross Rs. 2 Crore Threshold. Do not go through the perils of district commission (up to 50 Lacs limit), state commission ( up to 2 Cr limit) as it would be time consuming and you may end up getting delivery before getting the matter resolved. You may refer to Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ultations.html (Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations)thread on our forum to consult some of the lawyers on how to proceed further. Hopefully, it will make M&M to come clean on booking and delivery system correlation and you can get realistic and assured timelines. All the best!
TSIched'Out is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 10:31   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I was closely following the entire story of XUV700 ever since the first car was spotted being road tested (it was called new XUV500 then) almost 3 years back. I pre-booked the car almost a month before with the dealer who made sure that my booking got in to the system on 8th October. I was almost expecting to get the delivery by Dec 2021 but it turned out that my estimated delivery was almost a year away! I decided to look for alternatives (which was hard because I was stuck with requirements like 7 seater, AWD etc)
I knew that XUV700 was not going to be perfect and would come with it's share of niggles and rough edges but I would have happily taken the delivery if had taken place within reasonable timeframe. But the prolonged delay allowed me to revisit my needs and re-evaluate the car. Finally I have picked up a low-run used Tiguan Allspace for almost the same price as the top end XUV700 (AWD L).

The way Mahindra has handled the booking/allotment makes me not to look at the brand in the near future. Involving 3 consulting firms, AI algorithm etc are
fine but if the final outcome lacks basic logic, it doesn't help much.

BTW what is the best way to cancel the booking? Website doesn't seem to have options to cancel it.
Wish you a ton of happy miles with your Tiguan - hoping to see your ownership thread soon on the forum.

I can totally relate to your experience with Mahindra - I am in the same boat with a price protected booking and no signs of delivery even after two months of promised delivery date , I am on the verge of cancelling my booking as well. If the new Tucson was in the market, I would have cancelled my booking a long time ago for the way the dealer has been treating me and Mahindra has been moving dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Imagine if I am a profit seeking corporate, I will prioritize deliveries with higher margins (recent bookings after price escalations) instead of price protected initial bookings.
!
And a convenient way to indirectly push cancellations of price protected bookings You can already see it happening here!
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 11:29   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
With my expected delivery date being Feb - March 2024, there are quite a few thoughts going on.
1. With the new Scirpio-N being launched
a. Apparently it would be using the same mHawk engine (ad mStallion too)? And other parts as well may be cross leveraged. How would Mahindra manage the parts and prioritise the manufacturing?
b. I do understand that there might not be a lot of cross shopping between the XUV7OO and Scorpio-N, but would any of this lead to reduction in delivery times for the XUV7OO?
Though point 1a is contrarion to this.

2. In a way I am (am I?) happy with the long divery times
a. Gives me an opportunity to save up some money
b. Gives Mahindra the opportunity to iron out niggles (and more)
c. Gives me hope that Mahindra might introduce ventilated seats, auto dimming IRVM by then.

3. In a way makes me apprehensive of Mahindra increasing their pricing at least 2 more times before i get delivery. I would expect prices on the top models to rise around INR 1.5 lakhs in the next 12-18 months.

4. I didn't need a car when I booked the XUV7OO. But now that I have booked it, i want it

These are exactly my apprehensions as well especially the 2nd point I have booked AT AWD L edition and delivery date is March '24 though i strongly feel I might get the car in next 6-8 months. I have been using an XUV5OO for last 10 yrs now and am a very happy M&M customer. 7OO seemed the only logical upgrade for me. So inspite of the long wait time, I took the plunge.

Cheers
sumitdongerkery is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 11:38   #365
Senior - BHPian

I think the delivery dates of June 23 and beyond are overrated. Everyone should most likely get their cars quite well before the given deadlines. May be M&M is just being over cautious. I am sure they understand the business better. Who is going to wait till 2024 to get a car? I for one would not wait that long for a house to be built leave alone car. By all means the car would be an year behind in terms of tech and features.

Last edited by Raghu M : 30th May 2022 at 11:39.
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 12:13   #366
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh Jejurikar, Executive Director - Auto & Farm Sectors, M&M:

Despite a waiting period of 18-24 months of XUV700 booking cancellations are only 10-12%.

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 17:16   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Rajesh Jejurikar, Executive Director - Auto & Farm Sectors, M&M:

Despite a waiting period of 18-24 months of XUV700 booking cancellations are only 10-12%.

Link
I have cancelled my booking as the wait for 2 years is a lot. The price will also rise above 26 L for the AX5 version which will be way beyond my budget.
Palio_2005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 17:30   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

This may very well be true since most people booking are taking an informed decision and well aware of the waiting to we before booking.
I believe that the number of bookings should start to taper off now. Else it wouldn't take too long to see 2025 delivery dates!
Also, as mentioned by me before, after booking the human tendency is to move from a need to a want.
Case in point being - my neighbour booked a Tata Safari Dark XZA+ and got the delievery in 19 days flat. Which can make anyone reconsider their 2 year wait time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitdongerkery View Post
These are exactly my apprehensions as well especially the 2nd point
Cheers
Even after this, my dilemma of P vs D still remains The E20 discussion has thrown a spanner in the works for petrol vehicles.
E20 v/s DEF issues. Which is the lesser "evil"?
Old 2nd June 2022, 19:44   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitdongerkery View Post
I have booked AT AWD L edition and delivery date is March '24 though i strongly feel I might get the car in next 6-8 months.
I hope that happens.

However, do we have examples of luxury AWDs being delivered before the scheduled delivery date so far?

I don't know of any such cases.
Old 2nd June 2022, 19:50   #370
BHPian

I am also going to cancel my AX7L D AT booking (with a booking date of 01/22 and an expected delivery date of 10/23), as the wait is too long. I booked a Safari Kaziranga AT last week and expect to take delivery by next week.
Aiel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 20:00   #371
BHPian

This thread alone shows what Mahindra has missed, I wonder how Tata is able to meet the demands but not Mahindra.

Hearing from a lot of people switching just because of the long wait times. (That too we are talking about 25L+ product) Did Mahindra mess up their production planning ?
SideView is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 20:29   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
This thread alone shows what Mahindra has missed, I wonder how Tata is able to meet the demands but not Mahindra.

Hearing from a lot of people switching just because of the long wait times. (That too we are talking about 25L+ product) Did Mahindra mess up their production planning ?
Quite possibly - see the attached image from the April22 car sales analysis thread.

From Apr21 to Apr'22, Tata has almost upped their sales/deliveries by 70% while M&M has managed nearly 30%. One can slice and dice for new launches, customer perception of their vehicles etc but numbers won't lie.

M&M has been delivering 4k XUV7OO and near about same number of Thar for months together. Both products have been superhits and all signs say Scorpio will be too. XUV7OO has 1.7lakh pending bookings, Thar probably has a lakh too and with combined 8k/mth delivery numbers, you can calculate how bad it has become for those waiting for their cars. Plus add the ones who get preference and break the Q etc.

Supply chain issues are bad but that's been the story for over 3yrs now, still not enough time to plan? Wonder what's going on really on the ground - maybe folks working in the Auto space can comment.
Attached Images

Nilesh5417 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 12:27   #373
Senior - BHPian

I booked in Feb'22 and got a tentative delivery timeline as Oct-Nov' 23. After 4 months, I have cancelled booking and moved to Octavia.
neoonwheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 11:22   #374
BHPian

Can someone please share email ids of Mahindra seniors to complain about the lack of clarity around delivery date ? It will soon be 8 months since I booked the car and the dealer has no concrete information yet.

Last edited by eagles_ts : 4th June 2022 at 11:23.
Old 4th June 2022, 12:01   #375
Senior - BHPian

There is absolutely no transparency from Mahindra at all when it comes to booking dates and its corresponding delivery timeline. On top of all this mess the so called algorithm and consulting firms or whatever crap is being made up to fool the customers. It is really disheartening and disappointing.

To add fuel to the fire, the dealership (PPS Mahindra) has totally messed up my booking. I had pre booked before 7th Oct 21 itself. But first of all my booking was made on 8th Oct 21 instead of 7th Oct, in which again the Dealer has caused a big mess by booking a AX7L P AT Everest white instead of AX7L D AT Midnight Black. How could anyone be so reckless.
To fix this mistake and coverup the blunder, the dealership has booked a Diesel Variant on the 22nd Oct 21. Coming to present day situation, there is no line of sight at all in terms of the delivery date.

Both Mahindra and the dealerships are behaving totally irresponsible towards the customers like us who are shelling out close to 30L.
sridhar24 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks