Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 10:07   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
Hi,
My booking of 25th April 2022 for AX7 L - D AT, shows expected delivery of January 2024.
The dealer is confident of delivery within a year.

But I am not convinced. How can there be such a huge gap between the system generated date and dealer promised date.
Depends on how frequently the system adjusts the time shown automatically. There are instances wherein people in same family have booked same variant to make sure early delivery (Essentially multiple bookings in same household). Once a car is delivered, these bookings vanish from the backlog, however if and when its reflected in the expected delivery for other customer depends on how the system is implemented.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 10:10   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shans281 View Post
Hello,

I booked Mahindra XUV 700 from Koncept Mahindra Lajpat Nagar on 5th April. The SA tells me that I should get it within 4 months! Something I highly doubt.
Which powertrain / trim / colour is it? All of these are influencing factors.
Old 16th May 2022, 17:49   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Which powertrain / trim / colour is it? All of these are influencing factors.
My bad should have mentioned that one earlier itself.

I booked an AX5 P AT Midnight black and the SA says that can get it by Oct 22. I doubt it highly. Mahindra Website says Feb 2023.
shans281 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 10:36   #349
BHPian

I have booked a AX5 Diesel 7 seater. The website shows March 23 and dealer too informed me that I can get only around that time since there are issues with semiconductor supplies. Reason why I changed my booking from AX7 to AX5.
Old 24th May 2022, 13:23   #350
BHPian

A friend of mine who booked in March is getting his car in a few days.

Meanwhile, I know atleast 5 people who booked on day 1 (including me) that are yet to get any intimation from Mahindra.

Frankly, Mahindra's allocation algorithm is a complete joke. The way they are screwing over the people who trusted them to book the car on day 1 and 2 is a disgrace.
yogishkamath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 13:42   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shans281 View Post
I booked an AX5 P AT Midnight black and the SA says that can get it by Oct 22. I doubt it highly. Mahindra Website says Feb 2023.
Don't go by the website estimates, dealer is in a better position to give you estimates as he knows how many cars of a particular variant are allotted to him and how many are cancelled.

AX5 production is comparatively faster due to lesser number of chips required, cancellations too are more for this variant as people tend to upgrade to AX7 and/or diesel. There is a good chance you will get delivery by Oct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post

Meanwhile, I know atleast 5 people who booked on day 1 (including me) that are yet to get any intimation from Mahindra.
What are their variants? AX5 and Petrol variants are being delivered faster. Diesels in the AX7/L trims have the most amount of waiting. Apart from this location plays a major role as well as Mahindra wants to spread deliveries across India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
My booking of 25th April 2022 for AX7 L - D AT, shows expected delivery of January 2024.
The dealer is confident of delivery within a year.
The AX7L variant has the least amount of cancellations, you'd have to be incredibly lucky to get a cancelled allotment. Only way you can get it within a year is if production improves.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 24th May 2022 at 13:46.
Old 24th May 2022, 13:58   #352
BHPian

Quote:

Frankly, Mahindra's allocation algorithm is a complete joke. The way they are screwing over the people who trusted them to book the car on day 1 and 2 is a disgrace.
Don’t be too hopeful on any intimation - I am one of those with price protection and my promised delivery date is well past 2 months now! and there is still no sight of any car yet.

There’s absolutely no support from the dealer Anant Cars nor from Mahindra customer care! Dealer contacts right from sales rep to their manager to customer experience head/escalation contact have consistently failed to keep their promised updates/dates every time. I have to continuously chase them one after the other!

The standard response from Mahindra customer care number on repeated delays - this is the list and dates given to us by Mahindra and we don’t know anything outside of it and please contact the dealer.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 14:17   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
AX5 and Petrol variants are being delivered faster. Diesels in the AX7/L trims have the most amount of waiting. Apart from this location plays a major role as well

Mine is a black AXL7L-AWD while his is a white AX5 petrol. Both in Bangalore.

I understand that not all variants will be produced at an equal pace but it still doesn't feel right that a car booked on day 1 is a couple of months away from being even manufactured while a car which is not amongst the first 100K bookings is ready for delivery.
yogishkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 14:25   #354
BHPian

Quote:

I understand that not all variants will be produced at an equal pace but it still doesn't feel right that a car booked on day 1 is a couple of months away from being even manufactured while a car which is not amongst the first 100K bookings is ready for delivery.
It doesn't work like that, right? From what I gather, those with the ADAS packages (A7 variants mainly) are a lot semi-conductor dependent with control modules which is hugely affected by the global shortage, while those on the base trims aren't relatively affected.

I have heard scenarios where manufacturers still produce these vehicles, stock it in the yard awaiting those modules to arrive, so that they plug and screw those the moment they are received and the vehicles are made saleable immediately.

Wishing for a ray of hope that ends this crisis !

Cheers,
Vijay
vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 14:30   #355
BHPian

Quote:

but it still doesn't feel right that a car booked on day 1 is a couple of months away.
It might not feel right but the algorithm does not work on feelings, it works on hard data. If there's no inventory to manufacture the car at given spec, the algo will prioritise lower trims. It's just how the situation is world over.

Mahindra's only (and major) fault here is not being upfront about their manufacturing capabilities before bookings began. If customers knew petrol variants would be delivered faster and AWD will take up to an year, day 1 customers would've been in a better position to make an informed decision.

My advise to folks at Mahindra for the upcoming Scorpio-N would be to have a variant wise delivery estimate chart ready even before bookings open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
I have heard scenarios where manufacturers still produce these vehicles, stock it in the yard awaiting those modules to arrive, so that they plug and screw those the moment they are received and the vehicles are made saleable immediately.
That's true, ram87pune confirmed earlier about scores of vehicles just gathering dust at the Chakan plant due to lack of sequential indicators. Mahindra eventually had to delivery vehicles without them. They cannot do that for critical components such as AWD or ADAS which need precise calibrations post install.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 24th May 2022 at 14:36.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 16:42   #356
BHPian

Quote:

There was a method behind giving the indicative delivery dates for the initial bookings. However, recent large scale lockdowns in Chinese manufacturing/trade hubs have put spanner in the delivery schedules. And wait will get longer as it will take time to stabilize the supply chain and clear the backlog. I recall Suzuki selling Swift Vxi/Vdi without ABS due to supply constraints and had two sub-variants (ABS and Non ABS). Lets see if Mahindra does the same (AX7 with ADAS and without ADAS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
That's true, ram87pune confirmed earlier about scores of vehicles just gathering dust at the Chakan plant due to lack of sequential indicators. Mahindra eventually had to delivery vehicles without them. They cannot do that for critical components such as AWD or ADAS which need precise calibrations post install.
Well I seriously doubt about Mahindra (or any vehicle manufacturer) keeping vehicles in the plant for the want of components unless it's for extremely short term (days) or due to last minute supply disruption. A production batch gets loaded to the assembly line with almost entire availability of parts as per BOM (Bill of Materials). Also, assuming Rs 10 Lacs as vehicle cost and very thin margin (approx. 5%) which Mahindra may make on it, It would be inefficient use of capital to keep that kind of money stuck in the inventory/WIP. Assuming 12% per annum rate of interest for working capital funding, a month's delay would wipe out 20% of Mahindra's margin on the Vehicle.
TSIched'Out is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 17:02   #357
BHPian

Quote:

I am in the same boat, booked on Oct 9 and my delivery is a good 4 months away, where as someone who booked the same model from a smaller town got the vehicle 2 months ago.

Its a massive blunder by MnM. I think if the new Tucson launches by then and it pulls all the strings, I am out of this crap

Last edited by Eddy : 24th May 2022 at 17:09. Reason: No prfoanity please, even when masked with ***. Thanks
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 22:21   #358
BHPian

Is there still a considerable delay seen in the AWD models? My delivery date was moved from July to June 2022, but the dealership (Randhawa Motors, Vikhroli) mentioned that they are yet to see AWD deliveries slated for March yet to be fulfilled. The customer care and website both are still showing delivery in June though. The status on the website, though, has not moved beyond order under planning. If there is an ongoing supply chain issue (there is), then how was the date advanced by a month on the website in the first place? Does not make much sense!
Old 25th May 2022, 00:04   #359
Senior - BHPian

I was closely following the entire story of XUV700 ever since the first car was spotted being road tested (it was called new XUV500 then) almost 3 years back. I pre-booked the car almost a month before with the dealer who made sure that my booking got in to the system on 8th October. I was almost expecting to get the delivery by Dec 2021 but it turned out that my estimated delivery was almost a year away! I decided to look for alternatives (which was hard because I was stuck with requirements like 7 seater, AWD etc)
I knew that XUV700 was not going to be perfect and would come with it's share of niggles and rough edges but I would have happily taken the delivery if had taken place within reasonable timeframe. But the prolonged delay allowed me to revisit my needs and re-evaluate the car. Finally I have picked up a low-run used Tiguan Allspace for almost the same price as the top end XUV700 (AWD L).

The way Mahindra has handled the booking/allotment makes me not to look at the brand in the near future. Involving 3 consulting firms, AI algorithm etc are
fine but if the final outcome lacks basic logic, it doesn't help much.

BTW what is the best way to cancel the booking? Website doesn't seem to have options to cancel it.
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 21:56   #360
BHPian

With my expected delivery date being Feb - March 2024, there are quite a few thoughts going on.
1. With the new Scirpio-N being launched
a. Apparently it would be using the same mHawk engine (ad mStallion too)? And other parts as well may be cross leveraged. How would Mahindra manage the parts and prioritise the manufacturing?
b. I do understand that there might not be a lot of cross shopping between the XUV7OO and Scorpio-N, but would any of this lead to reduction in delivery times for the XUV7OO?
Though point 1a is contrarion to this.

2. In a way I am (am I?) happy with the long divery times
a. Gives me an opportunity to save up some money
b. Gives Mahindra the opportunity to iron out niggles (and more)
c. Gives me hope that Mahindra might introduce ventilated seats, auto dimming IRVM by then.

3. In a way makes me apprehensive of Mahindra increasing their pricing at least 2 more times before i get delivery. I would expect prices on the top models to rise around INR 1.5 lakhs in the next 12-18 months.

4. I didn't need a car when I booked the XUV7OO. But now that I have booked it, i want it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks