Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2022, 17:44   #301
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

I wonder where does one draw the line when it comes to waiting periods. For me anything more than two months is too long. How does one book a car with a waiting period beyond a year? I get it that the XUV 700 is pretty much looking like a great package that covers all the bases and more. In fact, in that price range it is miles ahead but is that good enough for such a waiting period.

Yes, the pandemic may have played a factor in considering the waiting periods. After all many of us were just sitting at home. Things are looking better now and so I wonder if many will reconsider the wait.

How much of a factor is it that the Safari has missed out on the feature list and an AWD? Is there any other brand with a similar product ready to debut that may disrupt this booking craze?
Old 3rd February 2022, 19:26   #302
BHPian

I got my vehicle delivered today. Must say it is an awesome product from Mahindra. Driven 50kms throughout the day. ADAS is a boon and comfort levels are great. Only downside I have is the Apollo tyres that came with my car. I believe they need a replacement because they are ruining the otherwise awesome experience due to their road noise and thud coming through.

Hope everyone gets deliveries soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-img_4314.jpg  

shashankw839 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 21:09   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
I wonder where does one draw the line when it comes to waiting periods. For me anything more than two months is too long. How does one book a car with a waiting period beyond a year? I get it that the XUV 700 is pretty much looking like a great package that covers all the bases and more. In fact, in that price range it is miles ahead but is that good enough for such a waiting period.

Yes, the pandemic may have played a factor in considering the waiting periods. After all many of us were just sitting at home. Things are looking better now and so I wonder if many will reconsider the wait.

How much of a factor is it that the Safari has missed out on the feature list and an AWD? Is there any other brand with a similar product ready to debut that may disrupt this booking craze?
Agree with your point on the unacceptable wait period. I don’t think I would ever wait an year for a car! Due to the current pandemic situation, 5-6 months is still sort of acceptable!

Also, I don’t think Safari lost out anything to the XUV700 due to the lack of AWD. We all know that the XUV700 has its highest bookings in AX7 non-AWD variant. So it’s not that at all. Safari lacked novelty which the XUV700 had bucket loads of! It banks too much on its legacy ( which is also not credible since everyone knows it’s a 7 seat harrier ), and little else. It simply does not have a trump card other than its name!
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 11:06   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankw839 View Post
I got my vehicle delivered today. Must say it is an awesome product from Mahindra. Driven 50kms throughout the day. ADAS is a boon and comfort levels are great. Only downside I have is the Apollo tyres that came with my car. I believe they need a replacement because they are ruining the otherwise awesome experience due to their road noise and thud coming through.

Hope everyone gets deliveries soon.
Wow. Congratulations. Looks awesome.
As per the multiple posts on the review page of XUV7OO, the thud is mostly coming from the suspension. Moreover, some remedy will be done after April production cars to remove this thudding.
However, try a different tyre setup and see if the thudding vanishes. And if it does please post of the forum.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 8th February 2022, 10:13   #305
BHPian

I have 4 concerns with the current undefined / unconfirmed wait time for the XUV7OO.
1) If the delivery time is moving towards 2023, don’t we think other better cars will be available which will move the goal post way ahead of the XUV7OO?
2) When the Price range is this big, 12Lac to 22Lac for the same XUV7OO, wont the resale value of the higher variants get effected?
3) Currently due to the Pandemic, most of the office goers are Working from Home, but with the current changing times most companies have already started to ask resources / associates to return to work, will this effect the decision of members already booked XUV7OO.
4) Additionally, the 3rd row Seat is a Joke on the XUV7OO compared to the Safari or even the KIA Caren’s hence I have ruled out the XUV7OO.

Last edited by vb-saan : 8th February 2022 at 12:57. Reason: Previous post deleted
rajchetan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 12:37   #306

Guys,
Kinda urgent. I booked the AX7AT Petrol on the 7th of October 2021 and am sure the introductory price was 20.99 lakhs. But my dealer is now quoting Rs. 21.29 lakhs as the price. Can anyone please confirm?
Old 9th February 2022, 14:03   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baluprasanna View Post
Guys,
Kinda urgent. I booked the AX7AT Petrol on the 7th of October 2021 and am sure the introductory price was 20.99 lakhs. But my dealer is now quoting Rs. 21.29 lakhs as the price. Can anyone please confirm?
The customers who were given the price protection also received a text message and an email from M&M confirming the same.
AFAIK, if you have that, there shouldn't be a problem
Old 9th February 2022, 14:28   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
The customers who were given the price protection also received a text message and an email from M&M confirming the same.
AFAIK, if you have that, there shouldn't be a problem
Thanks for the quick reply. I have the text and the email and the salesperson is saying I have price protection. And still I feel it's Rs. 30000 more than I remember. I'm saying the price is 20.99 and hes saying it's 21.29 for the AX7L AT petrol
Old 9th February 2022, 14:34   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
If you have email sent by Mahindra then show it to dealer. If delaer doesn't agree you can escalate it to customercare@mahindra.com. You can also call at 18002679929 to confirm whether you are in the list of people with price protection.
Old 9th February 2022, 14:38   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
The price protection should be provided to you as an upfront discount by the dealer, tell him you are aware of the launch price. You will however pay the road tax based on the current ex-showroom price. The cost details are provided in the other XUV thread on TBHP. Providing a screenshot for your reference. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-screenshot_20220203141217.jpg  

Last edited by Raghunath Singh : 9th February 2022 at 14:40. Reason: Felt I added something that wasn't relevant.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 14:45   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
The price protection should be provided to you as an upfront discount by the dealer, tell him you are aware of the launch price. You will however pay the road tax based on the current ex-showroom price. The cost details are provided in the other XUV thread on TBHP. Providing a screenshot for your reference. Hope this helps.
Thank you for this! The guy made a mistake - he considered me under the 'booked on the 8th' category and has now fixed it. I got the 20.99 lakhs price!
baluprasanna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 16:54   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for this! The guy made a mistake - he considered me under the 'booked on the 8th' category and has now fixed it. I got the 20.99 lakhs price!
Anytime! Glad you got this sorted in your favour. I'm sure few dealers are milking customers who are not aware.
Old 9th February 2022, 17:02   #313

The insurance I was quoted at first was Rs. 1.32 lakhs. It's down to Rs. 1.12 lakhs now. I'm still bargaining. But Acko online is showing me insurance of less than Rs. 60000. I guess I'm buying online.
Old 9th February 2022, 17:15   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The insurance I was quoted at first was Rs. 1.32 lakhs. It's down to Rs. 1.12 lakhs now. I'm still bargaining. But Acko online is showing me insurance of less than Rs. 60000. I guess I'm buying online.
Dealers generally allow themselves a very generous margin on Insurance but that notwithstanding, do compare the policy nuances:
- IDV
- Inclusions: 0-dep, RTI, add-ons such as Engine Protect, RSA, Key etc.
- Third party coverage (no. of years)

and so on, to check why Acko is half of dealer quoted price. Remember, there's no free lunch. Lastly, be prepared for the dealer refusing cashless claims since the policy is not issued by them.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 17:34   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Dealers generally allow themselves a very generous margin on Insurance but that notwithstanding, do compare the policy nuances:
- IDV
- Inclusions: 0-dep, RTI, add-ons such as Engine Protect, RSA, Key etc.
- Third party coverage (no. of years)

and so on, to check why Acko is half of dealer quoted price. Remember, there's no free lunch. Lastly, be prepared for the dealer refusing cashless claims since the policy is not issued by them.
It is a zero depreciation cover with Engine Protect. I didn't want to opt for the Key but I added a whole bunch of stuff before it came up to 60000. IDV is slightly lower. Not sure if it makes much of a difference to me personally.

I'm not too bothered by the cashless rejection since we very rarely claim insurance anyways. I did add return to invoice on it. Not sure if that helps or not.

I'm curious as to why the dealer is quoting almost twice the insurance premium though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks