Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2021, 10:37   #151
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post

I guess OTF remained same but did they update order date?
The order date remains the same. 8th Oct 2021. OTF is also unchanged.

As advised by fellow BHP-ian Guna, I have e-mailed Mahindra's Customer Care and Booking Assistance, with the details.

Let's see what the response is.
Old 6th December 2021, 10:42   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post
The order date remains the same. 8th Oct 2021. OTF is also unchanged.

As advised by fellow BHP-ian Guna, I have e-mailed Mahindra's Customer Care and Booking Assistance, with the details.

Let's see what the response is.
I too had booked on 8th Oct and off late asked for a variant change, OTF and booking date remianed the same, but the expected delivery is stated as May 2023.
werfish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 10:48   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Speechless at this shamelessness. These things used to happen under the radar till now; such blatant promotion on social media is new to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
You don't have to be gullible. You can be perfectly rational and willing to buy it at a premium too.

I'd pay a premium (nowhere close to 5 lakhs though) to get the car a couple of months early. It is a cost-benefit calculation and a voluntary transaction between a willing buyer and a seller.

If you want to blame someone, blame Mahindra for having created these large differences in delivery dates between people who booked on the same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
I don't understand what is shameless here. It is pure demand and supply scenario. If someone buys the car and wants to sell it at a premium and we have a gullible customer who wants to buy it at a premium, no one can stop such a transaction. Infact even in US there are some cars which are sold at $10k premium by the dealers themselves due to the current chip shortage (if I remember they are from Kia).

On another note, I have booked the midnight AT AWD L Diesel variant in midnight Black and my delivery date is July 2023. So while I feel sad about the current situation and wish I could get my car early having sold my Ecosport in September, I also do not want to part with more of my hard earned money than what I am already going to shell out.

This is interesting, let's see actor involved in when we typically buy car.

1. Manufacturer - Manufacture car and send it to dealer.
2. Dealers - 3S - service, spares, sales.
3. Customer - Pay for 1 and 2 and then buy. ultimately they are the one who pays margin needed by manufacturer and dealer to run profitable business.

Let's introduce 4th actor here -
4. Middleman - Book car in demand and sale it at higher price.

Who will pay for middleman? customer. while i agree nothing is illegal about it but I am not sure if everything should be justified under "seller's" market. This way even dealers only giving cars to customer buying insurance from them at higher prices OR when they allot vehicle to anyone purchasing accessories will be justified.

As far as my personal decision on this, can I afford to pay premium and buy car ? Yes, will I do it? No, will i prefer that car enthusiast who stretched his budget to buy next car as he rightfully was first in line and booked before "middleman" to get his car? Yes.

Last edited by mytbhp_turbo : 6th December 2021 at 10:48. Reason: Spell Fix
Old 6th December 2021, 10:54   #154
BHPian

Thank you. This is valuable info.

Let's hope the spate of cancellations would ultimately advance our vehicle delivery to at least June/July 2022!

Last edited by Rada : 6th December 2021 at 10:55.
Old 6th December 2021, 11:33   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
This is interesting, let's see actor involved in when we typically buy car.
4. Middleman - Book car in demand and sale it at higher price.

Who will pay for middleman? customer.
Well, some "customers" will buy only from middlemen even if the car is readily available. They are not the type who post the photo of their car delivery in social media. In fact, many don't even want their name on RC.

A Thar was booked and taken delivery by person X with 80% bank loan 2 months back. The variant, color and accessories were chosen by the sons of another person (person Y). The car was driven straight to person Y's residence from showroom, where it shares the garage with a Mercedes E and an Innova. All are purchased through third-parties. Person Y only buy "used" cars.

Such sales may be only a small percentage for MSIL products, but substantial for Toyota vehicles.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 6th December 2021 at 11:58.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 11:42   #156

For 5 days on the Mahindra website, the status of booking was showing Order Processed and delivery date as 7th June'22 to 7th July'22. But since yesterday, both the dates and Order Processed have vanished. Don't know what to make out of it. Has this happened with anybody else as well?
Old 6th December 2021, 12:13   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footloose View Post
For 5 days on the Mahindra website, the status of booking was showing Order Processed and delivery date as 7th June'22 to 7th July'22. But since yesterday, both the dates and Order Processed have vanished. Don't know what to make out of it. Has this happened with anybody else as well?
I had the opposite happen with me. I booked on 7th online and received June '22 as CPM on email. But till yesterday the status on Mahindras website was stuck at booking complete. Today when I checked it has moved to order processed with 29th May-28th Jun 2022 estimate.
Old 6th December 2021, 14:45   #158
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinpower87 View Post
Hi All,

Would it make sense now to put a new booking on the AX3/AX5 Petrol with the least prefered colour (may be silver)?

Because I stil haven't received the dates for my Booking done on Oct23rd. But Not sure if the new booking would any time sooner than Sep22.

Also, is it worth paying premium of 50k Booking advance on the promise of "early Delivery" ?? I don't belive there is any hand on the Dealer to provide the car sooner ...

TIA
You might be doing it already, I will suggest you to purse your booking done on Oct 23rd, customer care/dealer/mailing Mahindra.

if you want, you can book new one, don't change/update current booking. From what i hear, any update in current booking is being treated as new booking.

This is my guess on waiting period, from highest to lowest

1) AWD
2) AX7/AX7L Diesel - AT
3) AX7/AX7L Petrol - AT
4) AX7/AXL7 Diesel - MT
4) AX7 Petrol - MT ( AXL does not come in Petrol Manual )
5) AX3/AX5 Diesel AT
6) AX3/AX5 Petrol AT
7) AX3/AX5 Diesel MT
8) AX3/AX5 Petrol MT

Based on that, I think if you want, you can go for new booking for AX3/AX5 Petrol.
I would suggest not to pay premium, with people cancelling booking due to long waiting period, new Creta launch, Scorpio launch might trigger faster delivery too.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 15:20   #159
BHPian

Just received a call from the Area Sales Manager who informed me that there are two XUV700s which arrived today whose booking has been cancelled by the customers. One is silver and other is blue, both AX7L AT - however, they are petrol variants. He was asking me if I would be intersted to shift my booking, and I refused immediately I said, it has to be diesel or nothing. He told me that, he was calling everyone who was next in line to receive the car. So, I asked him whether he could tell me my number on the waiting list. He said, he didn't have an exact number but could see that my car delivery date, as per his system is showing as - 24th December, 2021. I asked him if the car delivery would be postponed again, and he said he can't say for certain but he is very much sure that it won't be postponed and the car would be billed this time around. Two more weeks to go. Let's see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Edit - Just now received a WhatsApp message regarding the same. Glad to see Mahindra is being transparent in this manner.
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 19:25   #160
BHPian

This is a longer thread than expected!
Anyways, I booked XUV700 Midnight Blue AX7 L AWD (Diesel AT) and my tentative delivery date is May 2022. Now I get a call from dealer salesman on 25th offering me a white XUV AX7 L AT Petrol which is customer cancellation, as they don't have any taker for the model (Allahabad being a diesel biased market, especially for big SUVs).
We were not sure if we wanted to go for white color, thought about it for 3-4 days and eventually decided to go for it. On the day we went down to finalize the formalities, the dealer went back on his word, saying that there is company policy that the vehicle can only be offered to a customer who has booked the same model engine and color combination. This seemed fishy and deceitful, as there are numerous hearsay of dealers offering vehicles which are cancellations at some premium. Does anyone have any idea what the matter might be, as I have recently got an offer from another dealer in a different city who is willing to deliver the car within a week for a premium of 65K.
actuallyankur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 01:25   #161
BHPian

Looking at current wait times, I think anyone who has 8-9 month long wait might catch around two price revisions.

I was looking at how Thar prices were revised -

Thar

1) Oct’20 = 9.80L to 13.75L

2) Jan’21 = 12.10L to 14.15L

3) July’21 = 12.78L to 15.08L

XUV700

If Mahindra sticks to same percentage price revision -

1) Oct’21 = 11.99L to 22.89L ( Introductory prices )

Oct’21 = 12.49L to 22.99L

2) Jan’22 = 15.42L to 23.66L

3) July’22 = 16.28L to 25.20L

Last edited by mytbhp_turbo : 8th December 2021 at 01:26. Reason: formating
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 07:17   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallyankur View Post
Anyways, I booked XUV700 Midnight Blue AX7 L AWD (Diesel AT) and my tentative delivery date is May 2022. Now I get a call from dealer salesman on 25th offering me a white XUV AX7 L AT Petrol which is customer cancellation, as they don't have any taker for the model (Allahabad being a diesel biased market, especially for big SUVs).
We were not sure if we wanted to go for white color, thought about it for 3-4 days and eventually decided to go for it. On the day we went down to finalize the formalities, the dealer went back on his word, saying that there is company policy that the vehicle can only be offered to a customer who has booked the same model engine and color combination. This seemed fishy and deceitful, as there are numerous hearsay of dealers offering vehicles which are cancellations at some premium. Does anyone have any idea what the matter might be, as I have recently got an offer from another dealer in a different city who is willing to deliver the car within a week for a premium of 65K.
Same here, I got a call yesterday asking to pay extra money for the car if I wanted delivery of AX7 L P AT white.seeing that there is definitely going to be price hike in the coming months and Luxury variants going to be no longer "luxury", I am thinking of going for it. My question is are they selling off the Display vehicles and Test drive/Demo vehicles seeing the number of overwhelming response .?

And I was waiting for Diesel and my approx Delivery date is Sep2022. Is it ok to go For Petrol.? I did some minor calculation and don't seem to be losing much money for the comfort and I get to drive the vehicle now rather than wait till next year end.
Vinpower87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 11:18   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Same here, I got a call yesterday asking to pay extra money for the car if I wanted delivery of AX7 L P AT white.seeing that there is definitely going to be price hike in the coming months and Luxury variants going to be no longer "luxury", I am thinking of going for it. My question is are they selling off the Display vehicles and Test drive/Demo vehicles seeing the number of overwhelming response .?

And I was waiting for Diesel and my approx Delivery date is Sep2022. Is it ok to go For Petrol.? I did some minor calculation and don't seem to be losing much money for the comfort and I get to drive the vehicle now rather than wait till next year end.
Someone had question on similar lines, Please check my sample calculation here -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5210959 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

Regarding vehicle being display/test Drive -
I would not assume that, I think cancelled Petrol booking are being re-allocated.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 11:35   #164
BHPian

Quote:

To the best of knowledge, test drive vehicles have faux wood trims on door panels, whilst vehicles being delivered have leather trims on door panerls, that should be able to distinguish the two.

I was also in the dilemma deciding between petrol and diesel, but after driving the petrol I am so inclined to getting a petrol owing to huge levels of refinement. It seems like you are driving a different car altogether. Add to it the fact that petrols usually have lower maintenance in the long run- battery lasts longer than diesel, engine mounts don't wear out as much, due to lesser engine weight brake pads and tyres lasts longer ever so slight that may be, and so on. Further if you check mileage run reviews online, XUV petrol is returning fairly decent economy as compared to what we were expecting earlier. I am assuming it will give fuel economy figures of 8-10 in city and 12-14 on highway, which fairly good trade off for the supreme comfort and refinement.

Lastly, the current stance of government on diesel cars could translate to diesels cars not being allowed to used after 10 years in Tier 2 and tier 3 cities, as they did in Delhi.
actuallyankur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 12:08   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallyankur View Post
I feel if you had booked AWD car, you should stick to it else after sometime you will feel that you should have gotten an AWD car. It happened to me when I got an XUV a few years back. The dealer kept saying that AWD is not in production regularly and is only on demand. I ended up getting a XUV W11 Auto instead of AWD.
vivekshukla is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks