Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2021, 05:59   #136

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Hi All,

Would it make sense now to put a new booking on the AX3/AX5 Petrol with the least prefered colour (may be silver)?

Because I stil haven't received the dates for my Booking done on Oct23rd. But Not sure if the new booking would any time sooner than Sep22.

Also, is it worth paying premium of 50k Booking advance on the promise of "early Delivery" ?? I don't belive there is any hand on the Dealer to provide the car sooner ...

TIA
Old 5th December 2021, 07:57   #137
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
I meant July 2022. I had done my booking from Anant in Marathahalli, Bangalore on Oct 7.
Thanks, it is a sigh of relief . I also have booking from Anant, Marathahalli. As your booking must be in initial 14K or 25K list and mine is in 39K-50K range, I guess mine will be delivered at least 3-4 months after yours if not more. I will be so looking forward to your ownership & dealer experience.
Old 5th December 2021, 09:23   #138
BHPian

I had booked the AX7L Diesel, on 23-Oct, with Unnati Motors, Pune. Got a call a couple of days ago from the dealer, giving me an indication of when I should expect the delivery - Apr 2023!!! Took me a couple of seconds to digest

When someone tells you that you got to wait ~1.5 years to get the car you've booked, you actually hear that statement as, "Please come at your convenience to cancel the booking". I plan to opt out formally as soon as I find a couple of hours to visit the showroom.

I checked out the Innova ZX Diesel automatic yesterday (available for delivery by end of Dec '21). But it is almost bare bones and quite overpriced IMHO @ 31.29 Lakhs on road!!
RaghuChn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 10:24   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuChn View Post
I checked out the Innova ZX Diesel automatic yesterday (available for delivery by end of Dec '21). But it is almost bare bones and quite overpriced IMHO @ 31.29 Lakhs on road!!
The two selling points of the Innova are its perceived reliability and its factual resale value. I mean, it's crazy what how much the market is willing to pay for half decent Innovas. Toyota understands the resale value factor and it is milking it to the fullest by pricing the vehicle so high IMHO.

As far as reliability is concerned, from my experience, the vehicle is mechanically, and electrically sorted. The only grouse for me so far (after driving 20k kms) are the 17 inch tyres; they are more prone to sidewall cuts - already had two. I mean, Toyota were stupid enough to go back to them after moving to 16's a while on the top variants. They should atleast offer 16's as an option on the top end variants. Also, they have been zero help with the issue - when Bridgestone denied to replace the tyre under warranty, which IMHO is callous on Toyota's part as they know that low profile tyres are a bad design choice for Indian conditions.

Would I buy the Innova again, at this price? I'd say, yes in this market; unless Tata puts the Safari through GNCAP that is.
buzzy_boy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 11:11   #140
BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand what is shameless here. It is pure demand and supply scenario. If someone buys the car and wants to sell it at a premium and we have a gullible customer who wants to buy it at a premium, no one can stop such a transaction. Infact even in US there are some cars which are sold at $10k premium by the dealers themselves due to the current chip shortage (if I remember they are from Kia).
Of course, it is shamelessness a it's peak! It is not a simple demand-supply thing. Black-selling is in fact illegal in our country, India, (much the same as selling movie tickets at a premium is illegal), since it promotes hoarding. Think of it this way - I could have booked 5 cars on 7-Oct and sold it at a 3 Lac premium each to customers who otherwise would have booked the car on the same date and got the delivery as well, around the same date directly from Mahindra, isn't it? This kind of hoarding must stop, else people like you and me (my car's delivery date is given as Apr '23) are the ones who get impacted.
PS. Another humble submission - just because something happens in the USA, it doesn't have to be right. Let's move away from this 'default' of west is superior
RaghuChn is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 11:25   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post

I logged in today to track my booking and lo and behold, my delivery date has shifted from Jan 2022 to Feb/March 2023!
Could be a data entry mistake. I suggest you call up the customer care and raise a complaint.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 11:30   #142
BHPian

Quote:

When someone tells you that you got to wait ~1.5 years to get the car you've booked, you actually hear that statement as, "Please come at your convenience to cancel the booking". I plan to opt out formally as soon as I find a couple of hours to visit the showroom.

If you don’t mind blocking 21k with Mahindra just let your booking be and forget about it (easier said than done, I know). Explore all options that you think are worthwhile and if you really like something then go ahead with it. High probability that car will have its own waiting period. You can take a final call once the other car is about to be delivered. Chances are your XUV700 waiting period would reduce because a lot of people might cancel their bookings purely as an emotional reaction.

In any case cars that are readily available today are either overpriced or pale in comparison to XUV700 (as your Innova experience showed you). Good luck with your car search and do keep us posted on what you decide.
eagles_ts is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 11:41   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
If you don’t mind blocking 21k with Mahindra just let your booking be and forget.
Very wise words and terrific suggestion. I am also hoping that multiple cancellations may fast-track delivery for others who are willing to wait.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 12:20   #144
BHPian

Quote:
If you don’t mind blocking 21k with Mahindra just let your booking be and forget about it (easier said than done, I know). Explore all options that you think are worthwhile and if you really like something then go ahead with it. High probability that car will have its own waiting period. You can take a final call once the other car is about to be delivered. Chances are your XUV700 waiting period would reduce because a lot of people might cancel their bookings purely as an emotional reaction.

In any case cars that are readily available today are either overpriced or pale in comparison to XUV700 (as your Innova experience showed you). Good luck with your car search and do keep us posted on what you decide.
Very valid thought. Have been thinking about alternatives in the ~30 lakhs bracket - none that is exciting enough.
RaghuChn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 16:42   #145
BHPian

Quote:
PS. Another humble submission - just because something happens in the USA, it doesn't have to be right. Let's move away from this 'default' of west is superior
Well, these are your words. Not everything is about right or wrong. I am talking about prevalent practices. I was comparing one consumer market to another and there is no doubt that theirs is 10 times bigger and more mature. Comparison of a movie ticket to a 25 lac car is again not realistic.

Anyway let's agree to disagree. At the end of the day, all of us want our cars at the earliest and this mad rush is making us get into debates totally unrelated to the topic of this thread. Cheers!
Anand2712 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 18:57   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post
Here's an update on my earlier post quoted above.

I logged in today to track my booking and lo and behold, my delivery date has shifted from Jan 2022 to Feb/March 2023!

What a royal mess! I can only despair at the ineptitude of it all!

Oh God, Sorry to hear that, I was happy for you when your date stayed same despite variant changes. I had concerns on date for AX7 variant, my AX5 D AT date is December 2022, so my guess is any variant change/ new booking are going beyond 2022.

I guess OTF remained same but did they update order date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Could be a data entry mistake. I suggest you call up the customer care and raise a complaint.
My guess when dealer enters any change in current order (variant/colour/power-train), it does not change date till order is processed by third party, after that new allotment date is reflected.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 20:00   #147
BHPian

Quote:

Anyway let's agree to disagree. At the end of the day, all of us want our cars at the earliest and this mad rush is making us get into debates totally unrelated to the topic of this thread. Cheers!
Yes, I completely agree on this point
Old 5th December 2021, 20:54   #148
BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand what is shameless here. It is pure demand and supply scenario. If someone buys the car and wants to sell it at a premium and we have a gullible customer who wants to buy it at a premium, no one can stop such a transaction.
You don't have to be gullible. You can be perfectly rational and willing to buy it at a premium too.

I'd pay a premium (nowhere close to 5 lakhs though) to get the car a couple of months early. It is a cost-benefit calculation and a voluntary transaction between a willing buyer and a seller.

If you want to blame someone, blame Mahindra for having created these large differences in delivery dates between people who booked on the same day.
yogishkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 05:58   #149

Quote:
Maybe buying a 2-3 year old used car from a segment above is the way to go. I did find myself looking at used car listings on CarWale a few days after I got the delivery estimate mail from M&M (June 2022, for an 8th Oct booking).
May I know the variant which you have booked on the 8th? We've made a booking for AX7 D L AT Midnight Black on the 7th at the dealer but it was at 11:30am which.. was already past the first hour timeline (Bummer). So I believe the booking was pushed on the 8th by the dealer, and on the same day he called us and confirmed our booking to be in the second 25k batch of bookings. And so we've finally got our delivery timeline a couple days ago (dealer called, no SMS or email oddly) aaand.. it's Dec 2022. Now would you look at that.. booked on the first day and apparently the car and us both won't see the light of day even by the same time a "year" later. Ridiculous.. is an understatement.
Old 6th December 2021, 10:30   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinal66 View Post
May I know the variant which you have booked on the 8th?
I have booked AX7 L AT in Petrol, midnight black. Had the car in my cart but couldn’t book on 7th because of website issues. Booked with the dealer on 8th around 2 pm. Mentioning the time since Mahindra had officially stopped the bookings after a couple of hours on 8th as well. They processed my booking since I had received the mail from Mahindra (so did tons of others).
eagles_ts is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks