Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2021, 07:46   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
In order to understand if there is any correlation b/w the booking date/variant and the estimated date of delivery, I just created a google form now. If you think this will be of any help, you can submit your answers anonymously and view the responses after your submission.

https://forms.gle/QZYxYM5wHdcgY8tk8
Great initiative! Amazing to see that over 330 responses are there already! Just shows the power of team-bhp! There are 100s more members and readers who are following this thread, compared to the few we see actively contribute.

What surprised.me was that well over 60% of the bookings are for AX7 variants - the most profitable ones and clearly shows the lack of price sensitivity of demand in this segment. People want features and are prepared to spend twice as much on the top-end variant compared to the lowest one.

Although the results show the variant break up and delivery date break up, they do not show the correlation. Could you plot a scatter chart that shows variant versus month of delivery for the bookings made on the 7th? This way we can keep one of the three variables constant (booking date) and see the correlation of the other two. Vast majority of the observations in the sheet have 7th as booking date (over 200) so the data would be meaningful. Also maybe superimpose the booking made on the 8th on to the same chart in a different color - we can then see if there is a systematic preference to deliver the 8th booking earlier, as they would be priced higher and be more.profitable to M&M. The power of citizen level data science to expose corporate and government practices is indeed amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB View Post
[left]Whichever way we slice this, it is a bad outcome for M&M, Customers and also Dealers:

These things will be forgotten in a few months. All that one will remember in 2025 is M&M delivered a mega successful vehicle, that was a landmark and source of great pride for the Indian Auto Industry. That they managed to thrash the foreign competition like Fortuner and Kodiaq, which were twice as expensive , on every key parameter, be it power, torque, features or safety. What do we remember about the Enfield Bullet, the Bajaj Chetak or the first Maruti 800? At one time, they had waiting lists running into years, and there was rampant favouritism and malpractices in allocation of vehicles. But today there is only a positive sheen and glow on these brands, due to the fact that they transformed the segments and delivered incredible happiness and value to millions, though these millions had to wait a while to get their hands on the vehicles. This is what iconic status means and M&M knows this very well, so they are completely nonplussed at all the brouhaha.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 27th November 2021 at 08:01.
84.monsoon is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 09:40   #77
BHPian

Made the booking on 8th Oct online within first 5 min

MX Petrol Red Rage

Tentative delivery in April'22 as per mail recieved from M&M yesterday
Old 27th November 2021, 10:35   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Just called up the customer care and got to know that my estimated month of delivery is September! I had booked on 7th October and supposed to be among the first 14000 bookings.
Was looking for your update because I remember we both booked the AWD variant in Bangalore. Mine is July 2022
a_chelat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 11:25   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post
I couldn't find the colour column in the Google form. Should the colour make a difference?
Colour should be there in the form as the cars are produced in the batches belonging to specific colours and this will have an impact on the delivery dates.
Old 27th November 2021, 15:17   #80
BHPian

Did anyone who was promised an update on the 25th, actually receive it? I haven't received anything so far, and when I called up the dealership (NBS Andheri) to enquire, they gave me the usual "we'll check and get back to you" answer.

I booked a Midnight Black AX7L D AT on the 8th, and looking at the delivery dates others have gotten, it looks possible that I may have to wait close to an entire year. The "Track my booking" page also hasn't moved past the booking received stage.

Shambolic from Mahindra.
CapKoura is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 16:53   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
Did anyone who was promised an update on the 25th, actually receive it? I haven't received anything so far, and when I called up the dealership (NBS Andheri) to enquire, they gave me the usual "we'll check and get back to you" answer.

I booked a Midnight Black AX7L D AT on the 8th, and looking at the delivery dates others have gotten, it looks possible that I may have to wait close to an entire year. The "Track my booking" page also hasn't moved past the booking received stage.

Shambolic from Mahindra.
Booked the exact same spec as you on the 8th and yet to receive any update from M&M regarding the delivery timelines. We’re in the same boat.
advaydh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 18:33   #82
BHPian

Quote:

Shambolic from Mahindra.
I booked on Oct 9 intentionally to avoid the initial batches to have a potentially niggle free vehicle, hoping I would get it around June - July. The way things are going, it looks like it will be June-July but 2023

BTW, no update for me either from M&M, I believe they have bitten off more than they can swallow
Old 27th November 2021, 19:08   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone who was promised an update on the 25th, actually receive it? I haven't received anything so far...
Me neither; appalled, I read the email again. It's not on 25th but from 25th. Bingo...

Quote:
Shambolic from Mahindra.
Old 27th November 2021, 22:39   #84
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

I have made 4 bookings on 08 October 2021.

2 through the dealers Dee Emm Mahindra , Gurgaon and Koncept Automobiles, Delhi for AX7L D AT and AX7L P AT respectively. As I wasn't clear on whether I would go for a petrol or diesel variant, decided to book both and wait for reviews.

Since the dealers were overwhelmed on 07 October 2021 due to server crash and never ready to give assurance for bookings on 08 October 2021 also, I ended up booking another set directly on Mahindra website on the morning of 08 October 2021.

Now sitting on 4 bookings all made on 08 October 2021, what surprises me is that no communication from Mahindra directly or through their dealers. Except the one off extremely lame messages from Mahindra communicating shifting timelines, there is practically no information on what's happening to delivery. Actually makes me wonder what's going on inside Mahindra Automobiles.

As a diehard fan of Mahindra and a customer & proud owner of XUV500 for almost a decade now, I was hoping to take the relationship to the next level with the company but alas they are hell bent on ruining it.

Shame on the CRM department of Mahindra Automobiles on how despite having a world-class products and over 70000 potential customers for XUV500 , they are loosing face and customer confidence in the Indian Automobile market.
ashishc100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 22:57   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishc100 View Post

As a diehard fan of Mahindra and a customer & proud owner of XUV500 for almost a decade now, I was hoping to take the relationship to the next level with the company but alas they are hell bent on ruining it.
So, their algorithm doesn't take existing 'relationship/loyalty' aspect in to account? That is not good.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 23:26   #86
BHPian

There doesn't seem to be any correlation between the booking and delivery date.

People who booked the same variant and color on the same day with the same dealer are getting delivery dates 6 months apart. Also, people who booked on 8th October or later are often getting delivery dates before those who booked on the 7th.

The person who came up with their algorithm is either a genius or an imbecile and Mahindra's balance sheet and stock price over the next year will tell us which one it is.

Also, a cursory look at the excel sheet of bookings and delivery dates shows that they have given dates between June and August 2022 to nearly 50% of the customers.

To achieve it, they will have to ramp up production significantly towards the middle of the year.

How many of us really believe that they will be able to do it ?

The fact is that if they are unable to increase production beyond 3K per month, it will take them 2 years to deliver everything that has been booked already. So, it is perfectly possible that those of us who have got a tentative date of August-September 2022 will only get the car in early to mid 2023.
yogishkamath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 07:32   #87

Quote:
there is practically no information on what's happening to delivery.

Ashishji, your line 'was hoping to take the relationship to the next level' really cracked me up.

This phrase is so often used during heart to heart conversations in Delhi-Punjabi neighbourhoods
jumper_ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 10:20   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have made 4 bookings on 08 October 2021.
That is really a level of planning I must appreciate! Surprising that none of the bookings of yours are lined up in next three months

I did one offline and one online booking for exact same variant and colour etc - I was clear what I wanted form day one - an AWD top end - which turns out to be AX7 L D AT AWD. And knowing the colours from their August events, I was sure of the colour too.

The latest is - The one I booked online on Oct 8 (It was in my cart most likely from the day their website became available for saving cart) - was originally lined up for delivery next week. Then I got a communication that its being pushed to last week of December. Then I got one more communication that its advanced by a week again. Although this game of guessing is not a fun, at least in this case I am getting updates that things are moving (positive or negative - they are moving!) and so I am fine with it.

The one that was booked offline via a dealer is apparently lined up for delivery in July' 22.

And by the way, I have observed a glitch in the system too: I have a mystery booking on my name with exact same configuration as mine with Black colour and is from somewhere in Assam while I am in BLR - and it is slated to be delivered by April' 22. Buy 2, get one free?

So I am going to exercise my options - going ahead with taking delivery of the first one that comes my way - December or April or July!
abirnale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 12:01   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post

And by the way, I have observed a glitch in the system too: I have a mystery booking on my name with exact same configuration as mine with Black colour and is from somewhere in Assam while I am in BLR - and it is slated to be delivered by April' 22. Buy 2, get one free?
It is not a glitch. It is a fraud being perpetrated by the dealers (possibly with the full knowledge and consent of some insiders in Mahindra). I know several people with multiple bookings which they never made.

As far as I know, the dealer is free to allocate cancelled vehicles to whoever they want. There is no compulsion to give it to the next guy in the queue. So, vehicles are going to be readily available at the dealer to those who are willing to pay a premium.

Makes me think the whole thing could have been above board and done more transparently. Why not just make people bid for an earlier delivery date ?That way, the extra money goes to Mahindra - who deserve it for having built this fantastic product - rather than crooked dealers who add little or no value.
Old 28th November 2021, 12:48   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Hmm, this brings us back to the XUV 700.
Truly appreciate the sentiment you put out. Exactly as I had thought. You probably worded it better.

However, I personally feel if the Tata Twins come out with a major revamp in infotainment system by next Diwali, which they should surely, those cars will still be relevant to a lot of those sitting on the fence.

In fact, I feel that if new Tucson 7 seater can come in between Xuv700 top end and Jeep Compass top end, there could be a demand swing.
fazalmirza is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks