Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2021, 10:28   #256
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post

What do you suggest, hold on to my XUV 700 booking or cancel it?
Hold on to your booking.
Due to cancellations and some weird delivery logic in Mahindra's software some people are getting their XUVs sooner than they anticipated.
Also, in 3-4 months time from now, Nexon with longer range battery is on cards.
Let more details come on that and then you can take a call by Feb-March 2022.
Free ka advice
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 23:01   #257
BHPian

Quote:
I booked my AX7 diesel automatic on the 17th or Dec and the delivery date is between May and June 2023. This is an insanely long wait for a car and by the time it arrives, I am sure a facelift will be planned and we will be stuck with an older model.

I am also looking at EV options and the only thing holding me back is the charging infrastructure. I live 350 to 400 kms from my home town and there are no fast chargers midway on my way yet.
My suggestion is to hold on, things will change rapidly by mid of next year. Even if you don't book XUV, my suggestion will be to hold EV plan for at-least 5 years, let more players enter into Indian market and let infra/Tech develop- check stuff like Tesla 4680 battery or cobalt free battery investigation, eventually EV industry will have some amazing breakthrough to remove battery range limitation we are facing.

Last edited by mytbhp_turbo : 28th December 2021 at 23:06.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 12:39   #258
BHPian

Mahindra customer service is just template replies. I have been banging my head with them since 14th December now. They said they do not have any records of my booking after 2.5 months of my booking on 14th December and asked me to send an email to them. Since then there have been 5 replies and all of them are templates. Same replies again and again.. screenshot attached..

EDIT: My issue is not related to delivery at all. They are not finding any details for my booking and that why I had emailed. And they keep sending me this again and again..
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-mahindra_blunder.png  

Last edited by shashankw839 : 29th December 2021 at 12:45.
Old 29th December 2021, 16:28   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankw839 View Post
EDIT: My issue is not related to delivery at all. They are not finding any details for my booking and that why I had emailed. And they keep sending me this again and again..
Guess you need to report to your Bank and RBI as a payment issue( if that’s part of the problem) I am sure someone from Mahindra will personally call you.
Old 29th December 2021, 17:35   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
Guess you need to report to your Bank and RBI as a payment issue( if that’s part of the problem) I am sure someone from Mahindra will personally call you.
Nope it's not a payment issue either. Here is the issue.

I booked on the first day itself via the local dealer who put in the booking for me in the first hour. OTF number was generated as well. However, to this day I not got a single SMS or email from them about any updates on my order. I was at the mercy of the dealership for updates and finally decided to contact Mahindra on 14th December myself to check what is going on as everyone had been getting SMS and emails about their status. To my shock, they told me they are able to see my OTF number and booking however, there has been no record of my order with them. I was on phone with them for 40 minutes speaking to one person after another who checked the first list, second list, and all the lists they had. My booking data was nowhere to be found. ( I have the phone recording for this ). Finally, the last person I spoke to asked me to email customer service to see what exactly happened. I have done exactly that and it has been 6 replies and all of them have been useless like the above. They are not addressing the original issue. Their so-called top 3 consultants have goofed up and not processed my order. I have been asking for an escalation from the second reply without any success. Finally took to twitter and sent a tweet to Anand Mahindraji. Let's see what happens..

Pathetic customer service. They do not even read what is sent to them..
shashankw839 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:23   #261
BHPian

Quote:
I booked my AX7 diesel automatic on the 17th or Dec and the delivery date is between May and June 2023. This is an insanely long wait for a car and by the time it arrives, I am sure a facelift will be planned and we will be stuck with an older model.

I am also looking at EV options and the only thing holding me back is the charging infrastructure. I live 350 to 400 kms from my home town and there are no fast chargers midway on my way yet.
I can understand your frustration because I was in a similar situation, looking at an unrealistic delivery date of Feb/Mar 2023 for my XUV 700.

After researching EV cars and EV charging infrastructure in India for a month, I finally cancelled my XUV700 booking and instead, booked the MG ZS EV. It's an excellent vehicle and will give you a realistic range of about 350km on normal roads and under normal conditions. Please do test drive one and experience for yourself the sheer joy of getting "torque on the tap"!

I expect to take delivery of the vehicle in March - 2022, not 2023! :-)
Rada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:37   #262

Before I booked my Safari, I went to TD XUV 700 but once I got to know I had to wait for 18 months for the vehicle I did not even bother with the TD. The vehicle is good but I feel Safari too is at par with it with some minor things where it might lack for some people. So went with Safari as I am getting the delivery in about 15 days.
Old 2nd January 2022, 12:29   #263

1. Sandegov - AX7 D AWD Midnight Black - May 2022
2. fazalmirza - AX7L D AWD AT Midnight Black - Aug 2022, Booked 7Oct21
3. MissionManali - AX7L D AWD - Aug '22
4. Guna - AX7L D AWD Silver - 18th Aug-17th Sep
5. Speedo - AX7L D AWD Midnight Black - 8th Aug - Jul 2022
6. D_Security_Guy - AX7L D AWD Red Rage - Jul 2022
7. PMK-MoJo (1) - AX7L D AWD AT Midnight Black - June 2022
8. PMK-MoJo (2) - AX7L D AWD AT Everest white - May 2022.
9. wadewilson - AX7L D AWD AT Midnight Black - January 8, 2022 - January 15, 2022
10. Viscosity - AX7L D AWD AT Midnight Black - Nov-2022
11. R0ckstar.1 - AX7L D AWD AT Midnight Black, January 24, 2021 - Dec 30, 2021
12. heman_369 - AX7 L D AWD AT Midnight black. Booked on 7th October vis dealer. ETA April 10th - may 10th 2022
13. Ritesh_Dogar - AX7 D AWD AT Midnight Black. Booked on 7th Oct. through dealer. Old ETA: 5th Jan, New ETA: 26th Jan to 10th Feb'2022
14. mytbhp_turbo -
AX5 D AT Everest white, Nov -2022, Booked on 13th November 2021
AX7 D AWD AT Everest white, May 2023, Booked on 18th December 2021
15. alokk0912 - AX7L D AWD AT Midnight Black - Booked 14th Dec - ETA is Jul-Aug 2023.
16. sommos - AX7 D L AWD Midnight Black - July 2022.
17. Sabertooth32: AX7L D AWD Midnight Black- September 22
18. Torquecruiser - AXLD AWD Everest White. Booked on October 7th. Delivery dates between Jan 12th-Feb 11th
19. Baluprasanna - AXLP Midnight Black. Booked on Oct 7th 2021. Delivery dates 4th Apr-4th May 2022 as per the Tracking page on the website.

It's going to be a long wait!
Old 2nd January 2022, 13:47   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baluprasanna View Post

It's going to be a long wait!
As per my sales adviser, they are preparing to deliver the cars which were originally scheduled for March. Looks like 3-4 months can be expected to be slashed from our committed delivery dates.
Hope he is right.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 15:31   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

A quick question - has there been any AWD deliveries to customer if at all? I don't see anyone claiming that they got deliveries of AWD cars. And some folks who got the dates in last week of Dec'21 - did you get the cars as promised? if not, what's the new dates/ communications from the dealer/ M&M?
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 16:12   #266
BHPian

Seems it's improving

https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-xu...-12421723.html
Old 2nd January 2022, 16:19   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
A quick question - has there been any AWD deliveries to customer if at all? I don't see anyone claiming that they got deliveries of AWD cars. And some folks who got the dates in last week of Dec'21 - did you get the cars as promised? if not, what's the new dates/ communications from the dealer/ M&M?
I have booked the AX7 L AT AWD in Bangalore. The dates are being just moved arbitrarily, From Nov end to Dec 10th to 17th to 23rd to 30th, absolutely no info or update provided.....when escalated to senior management in Mahindra they removed the promised date info from the Online portal itself. Now dealer says delivery might happen end of Jan.

Height of frustration, regret booking the AWD..... actually regret booking the XUV 700 only. The thrill of owning the vehicle has been completely overshadowed by their inability to manage the inventory and production, sick
Raghunath Singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 19:14   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankw839 View Post
they told me they are able to see my OTF number and booking however, there has been no record of my order with them
The OTF number confirms that the order is indeed placed. From the email screenshots you provided, your CPD seems to have moved from Feb 22' to March 22'. The email too confirms that your order has been placed correctly.

You probably did not get any SMS cause the dealer entered the incorrect number and as for email all Mahindra emails are going into spam so check there.

Another way to track is via auto.mahindra.com Did you try there? If phone number is correctly entered by dealer you should be able to track on the portal.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 19:41   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post
I can understand your frustration because I was in a similar situation, looking at an unrealistic delivery date of Feb/Mar 2023 for my XUV 700.

After researching EV cars and EV charging infrastructure in India for a month, I finally cancelled my XUV700 booking and instead, booked the MG ZS EV. It's an excellent vehicle and will give you a realistic range of about 350km on normal roads and under normal conditions. Please do test drive one and experience for yourself the sheer joy of getting "torque on the tap"!

I expect to take delivery of the vehicle in March - 2022, not 2023! :-)
I own a ZS right now and have almost clocked 10000kms. It is an absolute joy. However, it does not give a 350kms range. The realistic range is around 300 with 80-90kmph driving.
shashankw839 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 19:42   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
The OTF number confirms that the order is indeed placed. From the email screenshots you provided, your CPD seems to have moved from Feb 22' to March 22'. The email too confirms that your order has been placed correctly.

You probably did not get any SMS cause the dealer entered the incorrect number and as for email all Mahindra emails are going into spam so check there.

Another way to track is via auto.mahindra.com Did you try there? If phone number is correctly entered by dealer you should be able to track on the portal.
Phone number is correct as shared in the screenshot by the dealer. However, no SMS or even email received. ( I mean from their system )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks