Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2022, 16:16   #316
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
Wow. Congratulations. Looks awesome.
As per the multiple posts on the review page of XUV7OO, the thud is mostly coming from the suspension. Moreover, some remedy will be done after April production cars to remove this thudding.
However, try a different tyre setup and see if the thudding vanishes. And if it does please post of the forum.

Just my 2 cents.
I changed the tyres to Pirelli Scorpion Verde and the difference is day and night. The tyre and road noise is lower by almost 40% and there is hardly any thud felt now. Driven 1150 km so far in around 12 days including a 850kms long trip. Car is simply awesome and really well built..
shashankw839 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 11:19   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankw839 View Post
I changed the tyres to Pirelli Scorpion Verde and the difference is day and night. The tyre and road noise is lower by almost 40% and there is hardly any thud felt now. Driven 1150 km so far in around 12 days including a 850kms long trip. Car is simply awesome and really well built..
May I ask where you got these from ?
I mean at showroom level or after market ?

And how much you paid for them in exchange of old ones ?
Old 19th February 2022, 11:38   #318
BHPian

Got the CPD for my Ax7 AWD postponed 5th time. Cant even trust these guys, if the car will be available by the latest date now. Mahindra Customer care is unresponsive and the Showroom sales guys have no clue about anything.
Have tweeted the concern and have sent the details through DM too.
The wait is getting frustrating and the charm of getting a new vehicle is now fading with each passing day.
Old 19th February 2022, 11:41   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
May I ask where you got these from ?
I mean at showroom level or after market ?

And how much you paid for them in exchange of old ones ?
Exchanged them on the second day of delivery. A friend of mine owns a multi brand tyre showroom. Usually whenever I get a new car, if the tyres are not Michelin I exchange them through my friend. However, this time he suggested to go for Pirellis as most Luxury SUVs prefer Pirelli's over Michelin now a days. Also Pirelli gave me a 5 year unconditional warranty on the tyres. I paid 9k per tyre as exchange price. The original cost of the tyre was 18500 per tyre.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-tyres.jpg  

Last edited by shashankw839 : 19th February 2022 at 11:43.
shashankw839 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 12:11   #320
BHPian

Quote:
I changed the tyres to Pirelli Scorpion Verde
As much as I love any Pirelli's, don't you think they're overkill for this car? The Primacy 4ST would have sufficed I guess, and that too at a significantly lower price. Were the P4ST available in the same size?
Old 19th February 2022, 12:20   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However, this time he suggested to go for Pirellis as most Luxury SUVs prefer Pirelli's over Michelin now a days.
Michelin is still the best IMO. Have had these Pirellis on our GLC 300 although they were MO versions , it wasn't the best. Had several issues and ultimately changed them all for Michelin.

However, I am sure these are yet better than the OE tyres you got
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 13:26   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
The customers who were given the price protection also received a text message and an email from M&M confirming the same.
AFAIK, if you have that, there shouldn't be a problem
I had booked on 8th however, I also got the sms confirming price protection. Indicated date for delivery for me as per sms received is May 2022. I could not wait so long and have bought another car. Is the booking transferable ? One of my colleagues is interested in buying one but cant wait for an year if he books now. Can he buy instead of me against the booking id I had received once the car is available?
Old 19th February 2022, 13:31   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Can he buy instead of me against the booking id I had received once the car is available?
As per my sales guy, they are asking to submit a affidavit to confirm if the person to whom the booking is being transferred is in a blood relation.
No idea if you can transfer the booking to a person outside a blood relation.
Old 19th February 2022, 13:42   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
As much as I love any Pirelli's, don't you think they're overkill for this car? The Primacy 4ST would have sufficed I guess, and that too at a significantly lower price. Were the P4ST available in the same size?
There is no 4st available in the stock size. There is MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4 SUV available in the same size. I have been a Michelin fan myself and have always used them on all my cars. However, I got a very good deal on the Pirelli's and Michelins were costlier than these. Quality wise I find no difference and I must say I have found the Pirelli's more suitable for the tall stance of the XUV. Michelins would have been too soft.

I also do not think Pirelli's are an overkill for the car because the car is very powerful and capable. I have driven it at 170kmph for some time and it was sturdy as a tank and was still pulling. With such performance available on tap, tyres need to be equally good. I have had a very bad experience with Apollo where I had a tyre burst @ 90kmph on a flat road. So I prefer spending a bit more on tyre safety as it is a really important component of comfort and safety for any car..

Last edited by shashankw839 : 19th February 2022 at 13:43.
shashankw839 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 19:06   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Wow. Just wow. Seriously, what you have written is music to my ears. Of all the small issues related to XUV7OO, having a sorted suspension tuned for ride comfort is my priority. And besides the thudding which I had noticed, the rest of the ride comfort and composure was brilliant.

So to speak, suspension thudding is well under control but I wonder how was it even related to tires! Although, that noise was more or less hollow sort of a 'thud'.

Congratulations once again.

Last edited by fazalmirza : 19th February 2022 at 19:14.
Old 19th February 2022, 19:32   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
Wow. Just wow. Seriously, what you have written is music to my ears. Of all the small issues related to XUV7OO, having a sorted suspension tuned for ride comfort is my priority. And besides the thudding which I had noticed, the rest of the ride comfort and composure was brilliant.

So to speak, suspension thudding is well under control but I wonder how was it even related to tires! Although, that noise was more or less hollow sort of a 'thud'.

Congratulations once again.
The Apollo tyres that came with my car were very hard. I checked them twice and even after removing them. The hard rubber was the reason for more vibrations to be sent to the suspensions on bad roads and in small pot holes. The pirellis absorb a great percentage of these vibrations simply due to their better rubber compounds and so less impact is sent to the suspension setup. This is the reason for the reduced thud after the tyre change..

Another suggestion if you drive mostly on bad roads is to install Polyurethane suspension buffers from reputed brands like TTC or Rogerab. They do make a lot of difference on bad roads.
shashankw839 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 10:26   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
Got the CPD for my Ax7 AWD postponed 5th time. Cant even trust these guys, if the car will be available by the latest date now. Mahindra Customer care is unresponsive and the Showroom sales guys have no clue about anything.
Have tweeted the concern and have sent the details through DM too.
The wait is getting frustrating and the charm of getting a new vehicle is now fading with each passing day.
I am in same boat like you, mate. I booked on 7th Oct the AWD variant, the CPD changed already four times. There is no visibility about the expected delivery.
I hope Mahindra really sorts out the planning issues. We are in the early batches of delivery, if the same continues for the late deliveries this year, imagine how frustrating will be for the customers. I have been following up regularly with the customer care, booking department and the dealer. Customer care loops in booking department, booking department loops in dealership - not sure how the system works and why is so much gap in getting a proper information.
This actually reminds me the recent experience of buying Tata Nexon in my family. The same story was there as well. Mahindra atleast bothers to send some information, there was a absolutely no clarity there for the Nexon.
I guess all Indian manufacturers are having an extremely inefficient SCM system and there is no quality control in place. The dates were allocated without looking any constraints, capacity etc.
Anyways, I am still postive about getting the car by early March. I will keep updating on the progress.
MobilisAdvento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 11:30   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobilisAdvento View Post
I have been following up regularly with the customer care, booking department and the dealer. Customer care loops in booking department, booking department loops in dealership - not sure how the system works and why is so much gap in getting a proper information.
In my case, the portal still shows the delivery date as 10th Feb. Customer care tells me that the delivery shall happen in the month of Feb without mentioning any delivery date. The dealership told that the vehicle shall be billed anytime after 19th Feb and as per data provided by M&M, the delivery is to happen between 27th Feb to 8th March'22. Dont know what to believe now.
My current vehicle is now requiring major repairs and I keep postponing it just because I dont want to spend any more money on it.
Ritesh_Dogar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 10:14   #329

Finally got my car delivered. The car came to the yard on the 14th of February and I got it in my hands on the 19th of February. Did one trip of 85 km and another of about 360 km so far! In love with the Rocinante (Roci for short - after the legitimately salvaged Martian spaceship from the TV Show - The Expanse).
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-20220220_094822.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-20220220_145939.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-20220220_145931.jpg  

baluprasanna is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 22:57   #330
BHPian

My XUV 700 AX L AWD Silver (Diesel) booked on 3rd February has been given delivery timeline of Nov/Dec 2023. Wow!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks