Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2024, 21:53   #376
BHPian

Re: License Renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
My Indian driving license will be due for renewal next month, and I will be unable to renew it because I live abroad. Can I drive in India with a DL issued in an EU country when i visit next time?
You can renew the DL without visiting the RTO, by applying online, read earlier posts on the same.

You can drive in India with EU/USA driving license upto one year. But I am unable to find the official link on the same, incase if there is an issues you can show that link.
manjubp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 14:35   #377
BHPian

Glad to report that I got the DL renewal done completely online, thanks to all the members who have posted all kinds of details in the earlier posts. It was super useful !

Only reason I had to go near RTO was to get the medical certificate. I didnt get clarity on whether a certificate by any local MBBS doctor or a local BBMP doctor would be valid. So didnt want to take a chance and went looking for a RTO recognized doctor as he would know the RTO process very well. As is the case, a well-oiled machinery works around RTO area, K R Puram RTO, in my case. Along with doctor's stamp, a hologram sticker was affixed which said RTO, not sure how authentic this was. Rs. 100 was the fees since I went directly and Rs. 50 for those coming via any driving school and there were stack of such papers.

In terms of timeline, it took around 7 weeks time from the date of submission to getting the smart card in hand, without any followups. My old licence was issued from KA02, 4-wheeler endorsed in KA03, now I applied in KA53 for renewal and address change due to my current address. All these records was showing up online correctly. Kudos to the digitization that has happened to preserve 20-years worth of records!

Last edited by mankuthimma : 3rd April 2024 at 14:42.
Old 12th April 2024, 22:58   #378
BHPian

Hello All,

I have(had) a driving license issued in 2003 from Rajajinagar Bangalore RTO. The DL number has a format something like this: KA02/0000/2003/04

When I type this in parivahan Karnataka website, it says "driving license not in central repository". If I check Parivahan central website it asks me to type 16 digit DL number.

Unfortunately the DL expired 5 months ago and I want to get it renewed.

Should I visit the same RTO (Rajajinagar) for this issue or can I visit any other RTO near my current home in same city (Bangalore)?

License Renewal-untitled.jpg
Old 12th April 2024, 23:10   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
Hello All,

I have(had) a driving license issued in 2003 from Rajajinagar Bangalore RTO. The DL number has a format something like this: KA02/0000/2003/04

If I check Parivahan central website it asks me to type 16 digit DL number.

Attachment 2593945
You can covert your old DL no. into the new one in this manner: RTO followed by year and 7 digit no. Add zeroes if needed.

So your example would become KA02 20030000004.
Old 13th April 2024, 17:33   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
You can covert your old DL no. into the new one in this manner: RTO followed by year and 7 digit no. Add zeroes if needed
Tried every single combination possible but same error saying not found in repository
Old 13th April 2024, 18:40   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
Tried every single combination possible but same error saying not found in repository
I couldn't do it online. I went to Jayanagar RTO, they said entry has to be created in the online database. I was asked to provide 3 copies of the license and PAN/ Aadhar and wait 6 weeks. Then medical tests, new photos, forms etc, as I am over 50. I was only in Bengaluru for a couple months, so I succumbed to get some agent to do it. ₹2k -license home in a week.

Last edited by GutsyGibbon : 13th April 2024 at 18:44.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks