Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2022, 22:32   #286
BHPian

Re: License Renewal

Update: I got my licence in hand on 23rth June (after applying on 14th March).
i was told 45 working days wait time is there. SO i waited will 24th May and went to the counter 24 (in KA 03 KasturiNagar). The Superintendant, checked it and asked me to upload the docs again since in his opinion it was not clear. I did it at home and went back to the counter. This time he approved it and it was on the queue to print. After waiting for nearly a month i again approached the same counter, this time he called the DL printing team. HE asked me to wait for few min. In 5 min , i was called to sign the register for acknowledging the handing over of the renewed Licence till 2032!!
Though the process is online, there is physical intervention needed to push it along..
But i am a happy customer now

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
Today i went to RTO , counter 24 behind the building. They said every thing is in order, will take 45 working days. So i need to wait till May 20th and see.
So far so good. Fingers crossed
alexgv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 13:40   #287
BHPian

How about folks who are not in India? My friend holds a KL driver's license, due to expire this year. The only problem I see is the Vision Test report. Does anyone know if an eye report from a foreign country (he is in the UK) is acceptable?
Old 30th July 2022, 20:25   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
How about folks who are not in India? My friend holds a KL driver's license, due to expire this year. The only problem I see is the Vision Test report. Does anyone know if an eye report from a foreign country (he is in the UK) is acceptable?
I doubt since there's a form specific to the eye vision report. You can give it a shot by getting a form from there though.

Otherwise, if you friend comes to India for 2 weeks, you can get this done, may be pay some fine for the delayed application though.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th July 2022 at 20:26.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 14:38   #289
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hello All,
Need one help with my driving license renewal.

I am living in Pune where in the last 12 years none of the cop/traffic police asked me for a license. I literally forgot that I have one. While going through this thread, I casually checked my license and found that it expired in March 2022. Wake up call for me.

I immediately search for the online renewal and found the site sarathi.parivahan.gov.in. While this is very handy, I still have the following doubts.

=> My current license is issued by another RTO (Buldana RTO) and now I am renewing it in Pune (PCMC). Will that create additional trouble? Do I need any NOC from Buldana RTO?

Best Regards,

=> Since the existing license is expired, do I need to start over with a learning license? (I checked with one of the contacts in Buldana and he said the same thing)

=> I have 2 licenses mentioned in the existing issued copy, for Transport and Non-transport. do I need to give a test drive again for both categories?

=> Is the process completely online or do I need to visit the RTO office for getting things done?
satish.gawai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 12:07   #290
BHPian

Re: License Renewal - How early

Hi,
My DL will expire in May-23.
How early can I apply for renewal?
I am above 40 so do I need to produce some sort of doctors certificate anything to do with fitness?
If I apply before expiry do I need to visit RTO? or irrespective RTO visit is must.
There's also address change, can both be done together?
I got it on Mumbai address but now I am presently in Pune.
Thx.
ravin93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 22:21   #291
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone had luck in changing the DL address to another state than what the original DL was issued?
For example, my DL was issued 2005 in Chennai and I now live aboard and documented address as per Aadhaar is in Kerala. Details are not updated in central repo. Should I approach Chennai or Kerala authorities to update and renew?
Old 19th August 2022, 05:31   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post

After waiting for nearly a month i again approached the same counter, this time he called the DL printing team. HE asked me to wait for few min. In 5 min , i was called to sign the register for acknowledging the handing over of the renewed Licence till 2032!!
Though the process is online, there is physical intervention needed to push it along..
But i am a happy customer now
Standard harassment procedure for people who don't pay the required bribe. They made you come twice, wasted your time and money. Did you pay the fee for the registered post delivery?
Old 25th August 2022, 14:21   #293
BHPian

Trying out this online renewal process from Karnataka.
The eKYC process is "in process" for the last 2.5 hours.
Guess the Aadhar website is slow.
Old 27th August 2022, 19:22   #294
HTC
BANNED

Thanks for this wonderful thread.

What I found is, 'Sarathi' website works fine with MS Edge browser and not so with Chrome.

Unfortunately my DL is expired and I am trying to 'renew with fine' within 1 year grace period. I filled the form, uploaded the documents and at third step - which is fee payment, there was a payment glitch and form had to be refreshed. After that I am not able to proceed. Since fee payment is pending, form doesn't allow to proceed further. I am not able to figure out where to try paying again. I clicked on 'Verify Payment Status' link and that also doesn't help either. Any one faced similar issue and has any suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
HTC
Attached Thumbnails
License Renewal-status.jpg  

Old 28th August 2022, 09:41   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Unfortunately my DL is expired and I am trying to 'renew with fine' within 1 year grace period. I filled the form, uploaded the documents and at third step - which is fee payment, there was a payment glitch and form had to be refreshed. After that I am not able to proceed. Since fee payment is pending, form doesn't allow to proceed further.
I used Chrome, and encountered a similar glitch. The payment option was reset after 48 hours from what I remember (it was either 48 or 72 hours). Retried, and the payment went through.
fatman2022 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 15:00   #296
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman2022 View Post
I used Chrome, and encountered a similar glitch. The payment option was reset after 48 hours from what I remember (it was either 48 or 72 hours). Retried, and the payment went through.
Thanks @fatman2022. Fee payment worked after 72 hrs.

I went to Mysore RTO(ka09) with all document copies as per this thread (though I had updated only 2 docs- form1A and DL copy as per RTO website ask). Checked with agents outside if file and postal envelope is required. They were helpful and said file is not needed. Went to fee counter and confirmed that I have paid the fee online. They asked to meet superintendent in 1st floor. Lady officer there was very professional and verified the application. Asked about the credentials of certifying doctor. Told me to attach copy of fee receipt, form2 ( which is nothing but pre filled form) and old DL original in a plastic envelope.

Went out and got the remaining printouts and showed the set of documents again to the superintendent. She signed on the application form and asked me to collect acknowledgement from another counter. Thats it. Person who gave acknowledgement slip said that I would receive new DL in 30 days by post. RTO visit lasted less than 1 hour.

Apart from minor inconvenience during fee payment, rest was smooth sailing.

Cheers
HTC

Last edited by HTC : 29th August 2022 at 15:28. Reason: Grammar
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 02:07   #297
BHPian

The licence renewal process here is salt lake , Kolkata is fairly a very simple process but its the people working in the RTO makes it complicated. Since my mother's driving license expired we expected the renewal process to be fairly simple and straightforward . After doing all the necessary stuff on the Sarathi web platform, it was a real hassle once we reach the RTO for document verification. Long queue and only a single counter was operational, the staff are not helpful at all and even asked us to visit a agent to avoid the hassle. Fortunately I knew a friend who works in that same RTO and helped us getting my mom's license.
he informed us that this kind of harassments are very common and it generally forces people to go to an agent who charges a high fee for the simple process to be completed.
Old 3rd September 2022, 12:54   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
Hello All,
Need one help with my driving license renewal.

I am living in Pune where in the last 12 years none of the cop/traffic police asked me for a license. I literally forgot that I have one. While going through this thread, I casually checked my license and found that it expired in March 2022. Wake up call for me.

I immediately search for the online renewal and found the site sarathi.parivahan.gov.in. While this is very handy, I still have the following doubts.

=> My current license is issued by another RTO (Buldana RTO) and now I am renewing it in Pune (PCMC). Will that create additional trouble? Do I need any NOC from Buldana RTO?

Best Regards,

=> Since the existing license is expired, do I need to start over with a learning license? (I checked with one of the contacts in Buldana and he said the same thing)

=> I have 2 licenses mentioned in the existing issued copy, for Transport and Non-transport. do I need to give a test drive again for both categories?

=> Is the process completely online or do I need to visit the RTO office for getting things done?

Hi , I am in a similar situation , did you manage to get your license renewed , what process did you follow ?
Old 6th September 2022, 16:51   #299
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Hi , I am in a similar situation , did you manage to get your license renewed , what process did you follow ?
Hello SinghBHP,
Sorry for the late reply. I still have to renew my license. Was little occupied with office work.
Meanwhile, I discussed the whole process with one of the known contacts at RTO. He told me that I have to do the complete process again right from the learning license followed by a permanent one.

This is because I also have a transport license (TR) for heavy vehicles. If the expiry time is not more than a month only the renewal process will have to do.

Hope this helps...

Regards
satish.gawai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 13:31   #300
BHPian

After a lot of back and forth (issues with adding my very long name in the DL); I was finally able to successfully "apply" to renew my DL. I applied and did the fee payment on 29th August. The status was stuck on "SCRUTINY" till 5th September and now it is stuck in "APPROVAL OF ENDORSEMENTS ON DL".

Anybody who has successfully renewed their licence can tell me how long will it take for this step to complete.

FYI - Applied at Electronic City, Bangalore RTO (KA51)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks