Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2021, 23:26   #196
BHPian

Re: License Renewal

Quote:
How many days does it take for ‘printing’ ?
Printing took only a day for me when I had applied for the address change. But there was 2 months gap between the sign/photo and printing the card due to the covid issues. Not sure if it generally takes only a day or if it was printed quickly due to the delay.

I remember reading in kannada newspaper(about a month ago) that there is a shortage of smartcards which are delaying the RC and DL issuance. If this is not already sorted, expect delays.

I got my DL within a week after the card was printed.
Attached Thumbnails
License Renewal-dl_address_change.png  

Poornavakra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 07:38   #197
BHPian

4 weeks back, I applied for change in address (and state) on my DL at Kasturinagar, Bangalore (KA-03). Went to enquire yesterday as it has been stuck on Scrutiny stage. They said that they have processed all applications from the week before mine, and the time taken is because of paucity of smart cards (global chip shortage I guess). He told me to wait about 15-20 days more.
adroit_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 18:07   #198
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
Both my wife’s and my DL are up for renewal this year. While I could renew my wives completely online in kerala without visiting the RTO, mine is stuck pending a visit for verification in Pune RTO as per the status I can see online.

Could someone please confirm if this is required? I thought as per latest guidelines renewal doesn’t need a visit if Aadhar is used. Shouldn’t all states apply the rules uniformly?
I am pretty much in the same boat. My existing license was issued in Delhi (I don't need to be present at the Delhi RTO for renewal or anything else).

However, I have moved to Bangalore and no longer have a Delhi address proof. My license expires on 29th of this month. Also, I don't have the license with me in the physical form, only have a soft copy in Digilocker.

So once I apply for the change of address and the subsequent renewal, would I need to visit the RTO in Bangalore? Also, since I don't have the physical copy of the license, will the renewal process go through smoothly or would I need to apply for a fresh license altogether?

Any advice/suggestion about this would be a huge help.
Old 11th October 2021, 18:15   #199
Senior - BHPian

My first license was taken in Mahe (Pondicherry) and decided it was high time i changed it to where i am living. So applied for renewal with change of address.

Now, the Mahe License was a smart card (two years back, had applied for a duplicate) and imagine my surprise when i got my KL license.

It was a laminated piece of paper :(
Old 12th October 2021, 08:11   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Now, the Mahe License was a smart card (two years back, had applied for a duplicate) and imagine my surprise when i got my KL license.

It was a laminated piece of paper :(
Yes. When I renewed my license, I saw "Printing smart card" as status during tracking. I was quite excited since my first license was in the form of a "book".

Was super surprised to see the poor quality. On receiving, the laminate has started to peel off. Looks like I need to laminate the laminate .
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 10:03   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
So once I apply for the change of address and the subsequent renewal, would I need to visit the RTO in Bangalore? Also, since I don't have the physical copy of the license, will the renewal process go through smoothly or would I need to apply for a fresh license altogether?
You definitely have to visit the RTO for the DL renewal or address change as they take your photo via the webcam at the RTO and also take your digital signature.

I am not quite sure if you can get it done without the physical copy. One of the processes that had to be followed during renewal is to submit your old DL in a small plastic cover along with other forms.
You can drop an email to Electronic City RTO email id. They had replied to one of my queries. Took them a week but they did respond.
Old 13th October 2021, 18:50   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
Both my wife’s and my DL are up for renewal this year. While I could renew my wives completely online in kerala without visiting the RTO, mine is stuck pending a visit for verification in Pune RTO as per the status I can see online.

Could someone please confirm if this is required? I thought as per latest guidelines renewal doesn’t need a visit if Aadhar is used. Shouldn’t all states apply the rules uniformly?
Finally got my DL renewed, had to visit the RTO once for surrender of my old one, after that the process was smooth.

PS: I had mentioned "Pune RTO" by mistake in my previous post, it should read Pimpri Chinchwad RTO.
Old 25th October 2021, 21:46   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
What is the current status of your application? I had submitted my application around the same date and it is still in "SCRUTINY - (Verification of Proof Documents)" / "PENDING" state.
Hi - My application is stuck at 'ARTO NT' counter. Has your application moved at all?

Thanks!
Old 26th October 2021, 08:15   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiwedy View Post
Hi - My application is stuck at 'ARTO NT' counter. Has your application moved at all?

Thanks!
No change, still stuck in scrutiny state ☹️
WindRide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 14:05   #205
BHPian

Someone had mentioned about raising a complaint in the portal https://pgportal.gov.in/ and that speeding up things.

Worth trying it. If it works, do update here.
Old 26th October 2021, 22:26   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
No change, still stuck in scrutiny state ☹️
Today it moved to "Approval of Endorsements on DL" (counter: allotment info unavailable) though I got a message in the afternoon that it's approved.. Next stage shows printing of DL in form 7. Hope it moves faster..
pdiwedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 11:12   #207
Mik
BHPian

Need Advice from the forum:
My original license is from a small place in West Bengal which is not bothered to upload older licenses to mparivahan. So, all these startups using online verification of DL, or even digilocker stuff - is not working for me. Neither do I think there is some integration with Aadhaar.
At the same time, they are not even interested in issuing me an International Driving Permit - which has led to some change of route plans in the past (no italy )

Would it be prudent to get a new Learners license in Bangalore and then permanent and IDP (assuming it doesn't take x number of years of validity to do that) ?
Old 28th October 2021, 17:07   #208

Hey all… Got my MCWG (2 wheeler) & LMV license way way back in 1993 and has expired in 2017. Have been living out of India for the past 7 years. Now have decided to relocate back to amchi Mumbai.
In my case, I need to restart the whole process right from getting my learners to finally my DL which should take nearly 3 months.
With my recent move back to Mumbai & various settling down chores, wanted to avail a driving school’s help to get this issue sorted quickly.
Can anyone share a good driving school (ideally around Powai) who in your previous experience can sort this out smoothly. Don’t mind paying some extra for the convenience.

Thanks in advance
Old 30th October 2021, 13:22   #209
Oxy
BHPian

Tried to make the online payment thrice on the Parivahan website, it won't even take me to the payment gateway. Timed Out error every time. On trying again it says Payment is Pending and being verified by the bank, try after 30 minutes.

I cannot book the slot as well without making the payment.

Can I just walk in to the RTO and pay cash?
Old 30th October 2021, 18:15   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Tried to make the online payment thrice on the Parivahan website, it won't even take me to the payment gateway. Timed Out error every time. On trying again it says Payment is Pending and being verified by the bank, try after 30 minutes.

I cannot book the slot as well without making the payment.

Can I just walk in to the RTO and pay cash?
There is a way to check the status of the payment. I forget the navigation, it's a bit non-intuitive. Happened to me too, but the payment got confirmed in a few minutes (I checked on that site) and printed the receipt.

I suggest you check the status using the not-so-intuitive link.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks