Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2020, 16:02   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: License Renewal

My driving license issued in Mumbai expires on 20th Dec. 2020. Since I am sailor, I will be away for 5 months.
Can I re-apply for my license after 6 months of expiry ?
In addition to above, my license is still in the booklet format and I also need to change my address. Will this cause any hindrance ?
Old 10th December 2020, 17:00   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
My driving license issued in Mumbai expires on 20th Dec. 2020. Since I am sailor, I will be away for 5 months.
Can I re-apply for my license after 6 months of expiry ?
In addition to above, my license is still in the booklet format and I also need to change my address. Will this cause any hindrance ?
You need to check whether your license is updated online or not. If it is updated, then the renewal and subsequent change of address can be done easily. Also, you can apply for renewal now also, before the expiry.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 08:48   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
When was this? This year? During or after covid19 lockdown?
Yes, During lockdown - in Aug 2020
marathp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 13:23   #124
BHPian

Got the renewed DL card today via speedpost. Took almost 2 months from date of appointment. The online status still shows yet to dispatch. Good to go for the next 10 years.
Old 13th December 2020, 15:46   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Paid the fee at the counter, got my photo & signature taken, and I was out of there in 75 minutes. But this is Karnataka, the DL will take 20 days to process. But since I have the DL in Digilocker, I don't care about the delay.
Refreshed my DL on Digilocker today. It already has my Udupi home address and latest photo.

The physical DL can take its own time to arrive, I am in no hurry.
Old 21st December 2020, 13:42   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got around to start my DL renewal process, which had expired a few months back. Thought would do it myself, but found that my DL details not showing up in the Parivahan pages. So just hopped across to the local AASI office. and submitted the DL & filled in their forms (acknowledgement, medical). They will do the rest, and I now only need to go for the photo session at the RTO. Total fees ? Just 1137.

Strongly suggest people to take a life membership of the Automobile Association. 6K for individual, 10k for family (couple + kids under 21). The membership fees is recovered in about 2, may be 3 transactions max if one were to go via agents. For people going by themselves, the association can save lot of time. And there is a 200 Rs discount on insurance renewals.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 14:20   #127
BANNED

My original DL was from Indiranagar RTO but now I stay in Banaswadi-Horamavu area - can I go to Kasturi Nagar RTO instead for renewal?

Last edited by Ragul : 21st December 2020 at 14:22.
Old 22nd December 2020, 11:28   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
My original DL was from Indiranagar RTO but now I stay in Banaswadi-Horamavu area - can I go to Kasturi Nagar RTO instead for renewal?
Earlier Indiranagar RTO (East) is the current Kasturinagar one.

Please check for jurisdiction here:
https://transport.karnataka.gov.in/i...Head+Office/en

Regards
Rex
rex_varghese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 11:32   #129
BHPian

Anybody out there know how to remove an uploaded document (for DL renewal purposes) from the https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/ website?

I had requested for name change, but have now withdrawn the service due to the documentation hassle. But the document still shows up and the tool is not letting me proceed saying.

UPLOAD DOCUMENTS To be done by the Applicant

Regards
Rex
Old 22nd December 2020, 11:38   #130
Senior - BHPian

Finally got my DL renewed , which had expired a few months back. Thought would do it myself, but found that my DL details not showing up in the Parivahan website. So got jt done though a driving school ,It was fairly hassle free, just had to go for photo and signatures.
My original license was issued from MP , renewal was done at KA 51 RTO.
Old 22nd December 2020, 11:43   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
I had requested for name change, but have now withdrawn the service due to the documentation hassle. But the document still shows up and the tool is not letting me proceed saying.
Only people with login can do such things. I don't know whom and how they get such login access. When I needed to cancel my earlier application, a girl at the xerox shop next to the RTO did it in 5 minutes.
Old 22nd December 2020, 12:18   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Only people with login can do such things. I don't know whom and how they get such login access. When I needed to cancel my earlier application, a girl at the xerox shop next to the RTO did it in 5 minutes.
Samurai, that's new/interesting information. Will check around with those shops. Thanks.
Was your experience with one of the Bangalore RTO area shops?

Regards
Rex
Old 22nd December 2020, 16:52   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Was your experience with one of the Bangalore RTO area shops?
No, my experience was in Udupi, as explained here. But I am sure Xerox shops around Bangalore RTOs are equally or more powerful/resourceful.
Old 22nd December 2020, 17:38   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

I had lost my license a year ago and back then had raised an online application for a renewal from my home city RTO (Vadodara, Gujarat). As we no longer lived there, had given an application to the local post office authorizing our neighbors to pick it up when the RTO shipped it by speed post.

That was back in Feb. Then covid lockdown happened. The license remained in the post office for 3 months and then was sent back to the RTO.

After 10 months, I finally got to visit my hometown and the RTO and picked up my license. While doing small talk with the RTO official, he asks me - why didn't you transfer the license to your current city RTO?
Old 25th December 2020, 18:09   #135
BHPian

Renewed my old book license in flat 8-10 minutes yesterday at Pimpri Chinchwad RTO office (Pune). I am so amazed with the smooth process. I refreshed my license on m-Parivahan app today and it's already showing my new license with photo and expiry date of 2030 !! I am in no hurry to get physical license as I can show the e-license if required.
The only slight hiccup was that my license was issued in Mumbai in 2000 and it was not available online. Since I now live in Pune, I had to do the backlog entry process so that my old license is visible online. For this I called an a reputed motor driving school in Andheri in Mumbai (google god helped !) They told me to transfer 1500 rupees and photo of old license and my photo. I was bit hesitant to pay the money upfront but decided to trust him. After I sent them my photo and license on whatsapp, they called me after 4 days and asked me to check my license online and even sent me a snapshot. I checked and found that license is indeed appearing in m-Parivahan app. Thanked him and on the same day applied through Sarathi portal for renewal. Booked slot for next day (yesterday) and got it I would say everything was silky smooth and I am quite amused with the speed of entire process !!

Last edited by abhaybakshi : 25th December 2020 at 18:28.
abhaybakshi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks