Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2022, 14:40   #241

Re: License Renewal

I tried to renew my licence last month in Bangalore which was issued in Telangana. Unfortunately I did not have the original. When I went to RTA office, every one just said it can't be done and go with the LLR and fresh license route. I have taken LLR but decided to give one trial in my home town. I don't have address proof but the address on old DL is still fine for me as it is my parent's home. It was easy. I applied online paid the fee and booked the slot for today (3-Feb). I reached there at 11AM and gave my documents with photostat of Aadhar (Bangalore address) and DL (I have photostat of DL though lost the original). Waited for 20-25 min when they verified inside the office and gave me the receipt. Went and got photographed and left by 11:40 AM. Got the SMS by 2:30PM that license is approved and asked to get digital copy from m-RTA app and application status says waiting for printing. I guess since I was not asking for address change, it went on fine even though I do not have address proof (I went with my SBI passbook which had my parents address, though they did not ask for it and I am not sure if they would have accepted it if address proof was needed).

Apparently it seems rules do not allow for renewal in different RTA if original is lost. It seems if original is lost we have to apply for duplicate and that can be done only at issuing RTA.

I unnecessarily paid for LLR and DL renewal at Bangalore. Is there a way to withdraw DL renewal application in Bangalore now? I don't want an open application just lying in the records.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th February 2022 at 17:50. Reason: spacing for improved readability
kalyan05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 15:25   #242
BHPian

I had taken my driving license from SRTO, Punalur in 2002, while I was working in Punalur. Now my license was due for renewal and I checked the parivahan website only to find that I have to visit the RTO from which the license was issued to get the backlog entered into the website.

Reluctant to travel from Trivandrum to Punalur in this Covid times, I sent a request for backlog entry via email along with my contact details and the scanned copy of the driving license. To be frank, by knowing the attitude of RTO staff, I expected nothing.

But to my surprise, the Official from SRTO, Punalur called me, collected details, created an application, communicated the application number to me and directed me as to what all things I need to do by using the application number (like scanning and uploading driving license, photograph and signature) in the Sarathy portion of parivahan website. After doing that, as directed, I called and intimated the RTO Official and I got the reply that once the SRTO digitally verifies the application, the backlog entry of my driving license will be complete.

Kudos to the staff of SRTO, Punalur. Never expected such response from a Government Office, that too an RTO. I thanked them in person and reviewed them on Google reviews as well. Happy to see the Government sector improvising on customer service.

Last edited by adrian : 4th February 2022 at 15:31. Reason: adding info
adrian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 16:49   #243
BHPian

Recently renewed my DL through Parivahan site (without visiting the RTO) and it was a blissful experience.

The documents required were
1) Form-1A endorsed by a medical practitoner (the form says it has to be within the state medical practitioner so not sure if other state would do as well)
2) Self declaration physical fitness form
3) Visual certificate -Eye Test (40+ age)
4) Photo upload - Size of photo is given both in KB as well as LXWXH
5) Signature upload-Size of signature is given both in KB as well as LXWXH

The following were the charges
Renewal -200
Form 7 fee-200
Ser/Usr Charges-60
Postal CHarges-45
Total-505

Had tried to make the payment on a Friday evening but the Kerala Treasury Payment gateway was down. Tried again on Monday and was successful.

The DL was delivered within a week at my home.

Last edited by JayKis : 4th February 2022 at 16:56.
JayKis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 17:27   #244
BHPian

Hi JayKis. Thanks for your post. Could you please clarify on the state medical practitioner requirement. Does it have to be the from the district government hospital only.

Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 18:21   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawad0222 View Post
Hi JayKis. Thanks for your post. Could you please clarify on the state medical practitioner requirement. Does it have to be the from the district government hospital only.

Thanks
Had the same query and I had asked the same to my classmate who happens to be RTO in Palghat and he said as long as it is in the same state, it should be fine. The medical practitioner would have a registered id and that needs to be endorsed on the Form-1A as well as Visual certificate. BTW, I got both from Dr.Agarwals Eye Clinic in Kottayam.

Alternatively, I also heard from another friend that he submitted a medical certificate from Blore for a KL license issued from TVM and it was accepted.

Last edited by JayKis : 4th February 2022 at 18:22.
JayKis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 09:35   #246
BHPian

I was holding paper based DL issued in 2009 and would expire in 2029. There was no online record of my DL and renewal would have become an issue as DL was issued from my hometown while I stay in different state.

Moreover the paper (Laminated A4) based DL was bulky and was pain to carry around.

WFH allowed me to stay in my hometown for extended period of time and I was able to convert paper DL to Plastic DL, as well as have online record created which can be accesses using Digi Locker

Here are the steps:

The first step is to get Backlog entry created. Visit the RTO from where DL was issued and submit photocopy of your DL.

This costs no money, they will create a online record for DL and within a week I was able to see my DL in Vaahan website. Doing this also allows for easy Transfer/Renewal of DL to different state.

I was also able to access the DL in Digi Locker but it did not show my photo.

The next step is to create the duplicate DL. For this you can log into Vahan Website using your new DL number and submit the fees and take printouts. I got it done by an agent and it costed me 100 rupees extra.

Visit the RTO office again with required documents and original DL needs to be surrendered. They will check the documents and take a digital photo.

Fortunately for me they did not ask for any address poof documents.
It would have created issue for me otherwise as I don't have any other address proof document for my hometown.

I got the new DL next day from RTO office and Digi Locker shows my DL with photo.

Last edited by born_free : 5th February 2022 at 09:39.
born_free is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 10:44   #247

How long does Telangana RTAs take to update renewed licences in Sarathi database. They seem to be not using this as their primary data source. Infact they have alternative to even digi locker (m-rta app).

My renewed licences is available on m-rta but not on digilocker as the latter depend on Sarathi.

A little nervous to return to Bangalore as I am not sure they accept m-rta and the printing of hard copy seems to take time at the RTA

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th February 2022 at 17:50. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 18th February 2022, 17:42   #248

Finally got my license today. It looks like Telangana has severe shortage of smart cards. I went to RTA office today and they said they can't say when I will get the card. I talked to RTO and gave him a letter requesting for card as I will be travelling out of state and so m-wallet would not be accepted. He must be in a good mood and approved the card to be handed over to me. I went again in the evening and got the card. The computer operator was surprised that they gave me the card. He was saying he is not getting his card even though he is an employee.

Probably my request that without card I will face issues in Bangalore must have helped.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th February 2022 at 17:51. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 20th February 2022, 11:39   #249
BHPian

How's situation in Mysore these days? Heard dates for new license hard to get. Guess card situation same as other states.

My DL expired in October and I've to renew. Finished online process but this RTO didn't have slot booking online. (KA09)

Should I just show up one day or wait for intimation? Not clear. Even if card not issued, will Digilocker suffice?

Any tips appreciated. Used to go thru brokers but want to try the straight route.
Old 14th March 2022, 01:57   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
Recently renewed my DL through Parivahan site (without visiting the RTO) and it was a blissful experience.

The documents required were
1) Form-1A endorsed by a medical practitoner (the form says it has to be within the state medical practitioner so not sure if other state would do as well)
2) Self declaration physical fitness form
3) Visual certificate -Eye Test (40+ age)
4) Photo upload - Size of photo is given both in KB as well as LXWXH
5) Signature upload-Size of signature is given both in KB as well as LXWXH
Thanks for sharing the details, can you please advise where did you get Form -!A endorsed from and also the visual certificate?
Old 14th March 2022, 09:27   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Thanks for sharing the details, can you please advise where did you get Form -!A endorsed from and also the visual certificate?
Both from a Private Eye clinic in my home town (Dr. Agarwal's Eye Clinic)
Old 24th March 2022, 17:40   #252
BHPian

Not a renewal question, didn't find a thread so posting here.

My wife has learners license and she gave RTO test and they took her learners license and she has a soft copy of a receipt (title says "e-Receipt For Online Driving License") from RTO which has application id, payment that was made, class of vehicle etc.

On checking the application status online, it says the "scrutiny" is over and now approval, printing and dispatch of license if pending.

Question is, can she drive car independently using this e-Receipt?
Old 26th March 2022, 18:50   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan05 View Post

I unnecessarily paid for LLR and DL renewal at Bangalore. Is there a way to withdraw DL renewal application in Bangalore now? I don't want an open application just lying in the records.
I am almost in the same situation that you are. My original is from Kerala but tried to renew in Bangalore but could not due to same reasons. Applied for fresh but it is stuck. Now I am in Kerala and seeing your post thinking of checking it here. But not sure if there are legal issues in applying in 2 states.

So, if it is possible to do it here, I will first cancel the current application in Bangalore before starting the process.

Let me know if you get any leads about canceling.
Old 26th March 2022, 19:19   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Efficacy of WIAA generated driving licence receipts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyzee View Post
Hi friends,

The clerk at WIAA says that I can continue to drive but somehow he didn't sound too convincing to me.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.
This link is to the WIAA website. From their text I can understand that they collaborate with the RTO for issuance of driving licences. Hence, WIAA is a facilitator for its members for such issue of driving licences but the issuing authority remains the respective RTO.

You need to check whether the WIAA has forwarded your licence for renewal to the concerned RTO and whether it has reached their office. If so, the WIAA receipt can be valid alternative for your renewed driving licence. If not, you will be ineligible to drive as on date.

In such cases, when we go directly to the RTO office for surrender of the old licence for renewal with the prescribed forms and certificates, they check all documents and accept if valid. Thereafter, a receipt is issued to the applicant. This RTO receipt is as good as a renewed driving licence and is a legal document. But the WIAA receipt has its limitations.

Even when we renew the fitness of a motor vehicle for re-registration (15+5+5 years and so on) after all valid documents are submitted, they charge a fee for the fitness test. A receipt is issued by the RTO. The fitness test is conducted by the AMVI/MVI. The vehicle passes the test and its fate is known to the owner if he is present. If it fails, then too this is known to the owner. In case the vehicle passes the fitness test, the new RC smart card takes some time to reach the owner, sometimes a few months. During this period the fitness test fee receipt issued by the RTO is a valid and legal document in lieu of the RC smart card. The vehicle can be driven as a re-registered vehicle without any restrictions.

These illustrate the legality of the RTO fee receipts as legal documents.

The WIAA website:-

http://www.wiaaindia.com/gallery/vie...0its%20members.

From the website:-

Quote:

WIAA with the help of the RTO issues Learners License for the Members. Application of the driving license is accepted at WIAA Office. WIAA also has a specialized team to help the members through the license being done.

WIAA also provides License renewal and Booklet-to-Smart Card conversion services to its members. No need to go to RTO office, all process done at WIAA office.

While applying for License please ensure these points:
Address proof should be from the same locality as you are applying for the license
You should hold a valid membership with WIAA
Minimum age limit for application:
o For 2-Wheeler (Non Gear) vehicles – 16yrs and above can apply
o For 2-Wheeler (Non Gear) vehicles – 18yrs and above can apply
Make sure you are well trained to take charge of the wheel and promise to adhere to road safety under all situations
WIAA also undertakes training courses for Drivers. WIAA runs a school of motoring to groom Road Safe drivers for a safer society. All trainings are undertaken as per the standards specified by the Ministry of Surface Transport (India).

You can now get reminder when your driving license is about to expire. Just fill up a form and let us know when your license expires… & we will send a reminder to you 2-weeks prior to the license expiry date. *This service is only available to WIAA members.

In the Case of company member, these facilities are available to the “Users”

Issue Of Learners License At WIAA
For the benefits of members, WIAA with the help of the RTO issues Learners License for the Association’s Members.

Application of the driving license will be accepted by the office from an individual member or his family member.

Applicant must have completed 16 years for riding mopeds and 18 years for learning other vehicles and produce, adequate proof of age.

In the Case of company member, these facilities are available to the “Users”

Last edited by Aditya : 27th March 2022 at 06:23.
Old 19th April 2022, 20:12   #255
mxx
BHPian

Can anyone suggest reliable agent for license renewal in Bangalore? (existing license from koramangala RTO)
I am aware of online process. But I travel a frequently out of Bangalore. Going through an agent, so that apart from photo/biometrics my presence wont be required.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks