Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2021, 12:02   #226
BHPian

Re: License Renewal

Is there an alternate option to check the status of the renewal? The link that i've tried on this link https://parivahan.gov.in/rcdlstatus/?pur_cd=101 keeps showing technical error.
Old 12th December 2021, 14:12   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Is there an alternate option to check the status of the renewal? The link that i've tried on this link https://parivahan.gov.in/rcdlstatus/?pur_cd=101 keeps showing technical error.
Do check this link. There is an option called application status on top-right. Click it and submit application number and DOB. I guess your state is Maharashtra, if else select other state.

Last edited by RR96 : 12th December 2021 at 14:21.
RR96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 14:41   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR96 View Post
Do check this link. There is an option called application status on top-right. Click it and submit application number and DOB. I guess your state is Maharashtra, if else select other state.
Thanks. This link works.

According to the status, it shows SCRUTINY stage, verification of documents. I've already given the required documents and submitted it to them.. isn't this supposed to change now? Or there is still come backend processes before they issue it? I had submitted this on the 7th at the RTO
Vandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 12:20   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiwedy View Post
License Renewal Experience at KR Puram RTO (KA-53)

License Actual Expiry : Feb, 2021 (doc extended validity: 30th Sep, as per MORTH)

My License was originally issued in Jharkhand and the details were not available on Sarathi website. Since, I couldn't travel to Jharkhand, I sent them emails, along with copy of my DL, requesting them for backlog entry. It took 7 months and 17 emails before they finally obliged.
:
Hi pdiwedy , can you share the mail ids to whom you sent the emails to ?
I am in the same boat though my license is not getting expired. My laminated paper license too has been issued in Jharkhand(Bokaro to be precise) and the details are not available anywhere on the online sites. I have been regularly sending mails almost every fortnight along with the copy of scanned DL from Aug to email ids mentioned @ http://jhtransport.gov.in/contact-details.html but still with no success or even a reply. I even tried calling Bokaro RTO number but its either switched off or no one picks up. Wanted to get address change and smart card type driving license and I do not have any contacts over there in Jharkhand who can assist me. Travelling is the last option I want to try out.
Old 20th December 2021, 20:32   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
I applied for an address change today as the address was not entered correctly (was done by the driving school back in 2008) and the physical DL is a bit damaged and thought why not get a new one.
Just thought I'll share an update regarding my application. Application was submitted on Dec 9, 2021 after end of business hours. Received the following messages on the registered mobile number.

Quote:
Dec 10, 2021 - Your Application xxxx for CHANGE OF ADDRESS IN DL(NA) verified Successfully. MoRTH
Quote:
Dec 16, 2021 - Your Application xxxx for Services on Driving Licence is Approved.
It appears the Scrutiny/Verification step might be done by Vahan/MoRTH directly, cause I got the message the next day morning around 10 AM. Perhaps just an initial screening whether the uploaded docs/images are appropriate.

On Dec 16th night, got the SMS saying the application has been approved. I was immediately able to see the updated DL in DigiLocker and mParivahan.

There were no SMS updates after that, and I had to check the online status manually for further updates. On Dec 17th, it showed that printing is complete, and today when I checked it showed that the DL has been dispatched by IndiaPost. The tracking number shared is not trackable as of now, if it actually left the RTO premises today, I should be receiving it tomorrow.

License Renewal-screenshot-20211220-8.21.04-pm.png

So in total about 10-12 days for a license change, completely online. This is pretty awesome!
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 08:42   #231

I had my old DL in a town in Telangana and trying to get renewal done in Bangalore. The details of TS DL are available on sarathi website but seems there are two issues. The central repository seems to have given different ID (TSxxxxx where as the existing document has ID in the form of xxx/xxx/2002). The digilocker document uses TSxxxx id. So may be I can attach that also as a proof. And the second issue is my name in the old DL is Just mentioned kalyankumark without spaces where as obviously it should be kalyan kumar full_surname. Hope these two do not make an issue for renewal. I have my appointment on 19th at Kasturi Nagar RTO and license expires on 21st.
I also took a LL just in case if the renewal gets rejected, I can go for fresh DL.
Old 18th January 2022, 08:40   #232

Anybody applied for renewal at Kasturi Nagar RTO recently (KA-03) recently. I have my slot tomorrow on 19th Jan. Are there any documents to take other than old DL and aadhar? Do we need to get any passport Photos or folders to keep documents? I applied through Sarathi website and nothing is mentioned. I hope it would be easy to know which counter to go once I reach there.
I am going to take my Old DL and a print of Digilocker certificate too. The Id on old DL (Telangana) is different from the ID that was allotted when uploaded to central repository. This is making me nervous actually.
kalyan05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 16:09   #233
BHPian

hi, I have applied online for the renewal of my DL ( Jharkahand issued) in Gurgaon through the parivahan site. Was able to go through the complete process seamlessly and paid the 800 Rs charges for a) change in DL address b) re-issue of new DL as my present DL is expiring on 1st Feb. At the end of the online process, it was mentioned that I need to book a slot and go to Gurgaon RTO to submit the necessary documents and challan copy.

//But there is no provision of booking slots online in advance. Has anyone tried getting DL renewed in Gurgaon RTO and would know the process of booking slot online or can one just walk into the RTO office with documents without prior booking

// Also, am not able to find my original license but have the soft copy on parivahan app as well as xerox copies. Do I necessarily need to file a lost report in the police station and take the supporting documents with me or the xerox copy would do?

Would be great if anyone can help me with these queries. thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 07:11   #234
BHPian

I have been trying to change my address from Hyderabad to Bangalore. in Parivahan app, I was able to retrieve the details, but after filling up everything, I get this error

TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA

Sorry for inconvenience, Unable to Process your Data.
Sorry for inconvenience, Unable to Process your Data. Please do once again

Return to the homepage

Should I apply for a fresh license?
Old 22nd January 2022, 18:46   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam View Post
I have been trying to change my address from Hyderabad to Bangalore. in Parivahan app, I was able to retrieve the details, but after filling up everything, I get this error

TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT, GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA

Sorry for inconvenience, Unable to Process your Data.
Sorry for inconvenience, Unable to Process your Data. Please do once again

Return to the homepage

Should I apply for a fresh license?
For the fitness/ registration renewal of my older vehicle, I too was facing hassles and also for the renewal of my own driving licence. I approached a broker near the local RTO. In fact, I wasted many hours trying to do all the jobs myself at VAHAN but in vain. Had I logged in to teambhp instead of VAHAN for that many hours, life would have been better.

The broker was able to do all the computer work and I just produced my old vehicle before the testing authority after submitting the papers and got the work done. Similarly for the driving licence, the same broker did all the computer work and I went and submitted the papers. The work was done.

So much so for Gadkari's "very, very people friendly VAHAN website/portal", which I feel is more broker friendly.

Hence, the brokers do charge a fee but the work gets done.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 22nd January 2022 at 18:51.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 07:58   #236
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Need Advice from the forum:
My original license is from a small place in West Bengal which is not bothered to upload older licenses to mparivahan. So, all these startups using online verification of DL, or even digilocker stuff - is not working for me. Neither do I think there is some integration with Aadhaar.
At the same time, they are not even interested in issuing me an International Driving Permit - which has led to some change of route plans in the past (no italy )

Would it be prudent to get a new Learners license in Bangalore and then permanent and IDP (assuming it doesn't take x number of years of validity to do that) ?
Dear forum. Bumping this up.
Old 23rd January 2022, 15:53   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
My original license is from a small place in West Bengal which is not bothered to upload older licenses to mparivahan.
You will have to go to the RTO office from where the license was issued to get it uploaded online. Give your original license to someone or go in person and ask them to upload.

RTO office will take a print out of their existing record and match with your original. Make sure that all details, like name, address, date of birth, etc are matching as per your DL.

If there are any corrections, the inspector will correct it in the computer and RTO need to approve the same.

Once approved, it will be uploaded online.

The entire process may take 10mins, if there are no corrections. Recently, for me, it took a week in Kerala state. I had to initially submit a copy of my DL, verify their record and identify corrections. Then, they asked me to come back in a week's time. Wen I visited next week, they did the corrections on the computer, asked me to verify and uploaded online. The DL details was available at parivahan site on the next day. According to RTO office folks, it appears online on the same day.
Old 30th January 2022, 06:45   #238
BHPian

I need help with my DL

1. I stay in Bangalore and my DL is Delhi issued with address to the house which we had sold ages ago.

2. Now, few days back I lost my DL.

What can I do in this scenario? Can I apply for a bra license in Bangalore? Like learners and then permanent while my old DL is still valid till 2026?

Or something else can be done?

I am currently relying on Digilocker via Issued Documents.

Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 18:44   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
I need help with my DL

1. I stay in Bangalore and my DL is Delhi issued with address to the house which we had sold ages ago.

What can I do in this scenario? Can I apply for a bra license in Bangalore? Like learners and then permanent while my old DL is still valid till 2026?

Thanks
Ideally, if you submit for renewal online and your old DL is validated by the portal, you should be able to go ahead (a little tricky how you enter the DL number for online validation). During the document verification, the RTO officer will check and might ask for it. Given my experience for renewal for DLs in KR Puram RTO for both me and wife without agents they are good and helpful, most of the genuine cases they want to help you. Would suggest you go ahead and submit the application and try to submit a copy of the old license.

If you are really concerned about what happens if it's submitted and the application doesn't go through and you can't submit a fresh one, visit the RTO details of DL & Adhar and explain your situation to the RTO officer who reviews the document, you might get lucky.

Given my personal experience with KR Puram RTO, I would say must visit once without an agent before you try anything else.
Old 31st January 2022, 19:51   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
I need help with my DL

Thanks
Since you have lost the DL, the option is to apply for a duplicate DL.

I am not sure whether this is possible from your current state, Better to walk to nearest RTO and get it clarified. If they allow, apply there with your local address proof.

You can try to apply through online also, if they allow the change in current address when you apply for duplicate DL.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks