Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2022, 15:39   #301
HTC
BANNED

Re: License Renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post

Anybody who has successfully renewed their licence can tell me how long will it take for this step to complete.

FYI - Applied at Electronic City, Bangalore RTO (KA51)
I submitted on 29th Aug and same day scrutiny is complete. For next step it has taken 3 working days. Remaining steps are printing and dispatching. ETA given is 1 month. I'm pretty impressed with the status updates.

Between, did you do it all online or visited RTO and submitted the application?
Attached Thumbnails
License Renewal-20220909_153353.jpg  

HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 16:22   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Between, did you do it all online or visited RTO and submitted the application?
Initially I did it online but even after waiting for 3-4 weeks the status did not change. Then I visited the RTO only to know that the name in my current DL does not completely match the name in Aadhar (expanded middle name) and also my Aadhar doesn't have my fathers name. I had to correct all this and then reapplied along with the documents in the RTO itself.

But unlike a few years ago, the employees at the RTO are helpful and explain everything with lot of patience.
amahale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 20:26   #303
BHPian

Quote:
After a lot of back and forth (issues with adding my very long name in the DL); I was finally able to successfully "apply" to renew my DL. I applied and did the fee payment on 29th August. The status was stuck on "SCRUTINY" till 5th September and now it is stuck in "APPROVAL OF ENDORSEMENTS ON DL".

Anybody who has successfully renewed their licence can tell me how long will it take for this step to complete.

FYI - Applied at Electronic City, Bangalore RTO (KA51)
Within a few hours of writing this, "APPROVAL OF ENDORSEMENTS ON DL" was completed and I got a message on my phone. It's now in "PRINTING OF DL IN FORM 7" stage. I plan to go to the RTO on Monday and see if I can collect it directly instead of them sending it via post.
Old 15th September 2022, 11:10   #304
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Hi , I am in a similar situation , did you manage to get your license renewed , what process did you follow ?
Updates...

I went to RTO last week and applied for the new learning license. The process was pretty straightforward. Filled the form, attached aadhar and old license's copies, and appeared in front of the officer. He asked to read some text with one eye closed and that's it.

In an hour or 2 received a message on mobile from VAHAN for the successful registration. Now, need to go to RTO again for the driving test (since I have a TR license as well) after one month.

Info - now we need to renew the license after every five years from here onwards.

Lesson learned:- always have your eyes on expiry dates for the documents (especially government ones) to avoid the hassle.
I am planning to set reminders for all the docs for expiry dates.

Is there any android app to do so?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 17th October 2022 at 11:30. Reason: Extra smileys removed.
Old 16th September 2022, 19:36   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
I submitted on 29th Aug and same day scrutiny is complete. For next step it has taken 3 working days. Remaining steps are printing and dispatching. ETA given is 1 month. I'm pretty impressed with the status updates.
Quote:
Within a few hours of writing this, "APPROVAL OF ENDORSEMENTS ON DL" was completed and I got a message on my phone. It's now in "PRINTING OF DL IN FORM 7" stage. I plan to go to the RTO on Monday and see if I can collect it directly instead of them sending it via post.
Today I was pleasantly surprised to receive by renewed DL in the post. When I checked the status in the portal, it still says "DL DISPATCH BY POST" pending.
So the status updates are not so accurate
Old 16th September 2022, 21:02   #306
BHPian

I renewed my DL last week in Andhra Pradesh thru an agent and entire process was online and took just 1 day.

Explaining the details below if it helps anyone.

No signing physical forms or any physical submissions. Only a thumb scan is required to authenticate the aadhar. No driving test was needed as well probably based on my age.

My DL was expiring on 8-Oct. I went to the same agent who got my DL few years back in my hometown Hindupur. He strongly recommended that I apply for renewal not earlier than 1 week before expiry. He told me that in few cases, a new DL gets issued with existing expiry date.
He also told that it is completely online process and the aadhar authentication can be done with otp instead of thumb scan.

It was still 10-sep and I had 1 month. But since I was traveling to Chennai next day, I took the risk and asked him to go ahead. If it doesn't work, then I was planning to repeat the process later with otp.

He entered my aadhar and DL details online, took my photo with webcam, scanned my thumb print and the application process was done. He took a passport photo from me just in case. Since it was Saturday, he told it will be processed only on Monday. I got a message from AP govt that a payment of Rs.660 is received from me. He charged me Rs.1200 which I felt is a little on higher side.

The new DL was issued on Monday 12-Sep and he called me and sent a downloaded copy of DL. It seems the plastic cards are not issued due to shortage and will be chargeable Rs.300 extra. I have asked him to apply for the card as well.

Few things to note
1. Since AP is not integrated with central govt system, this DL does not get updated on parivahan, but can only be downloaded from AP transport website. I checked and could download mine.

2. The AP transport system had a limit of 16 characters for full name and mine was lengthier. After few back and forth, finally we agreed on the most agreeable way to shorten my name. I'm still worried if it will create any problem in future.

3. Since the process is completely online and the scan of thumb print can be replaced with aadhar otp, he can do this even with out me being present there as long as I can provide authentication otp.

Last edited by Everlearner : 16th September 2022 at 21:24.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 00:07   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I renewed my DL last week in Andhra Pradesh thru an agent and entire process was online and took just 1 day.
My DL was expiring on early next year, with many question marks on online renewal i just gave a try on AP transport portal. It took not more than 10 minutes to complete the process of Aadhar otp validation, Payment and successfully renewed for next 10 years. Since below 40 years, Form 1A was not applicable in my case. Total amount was 660 with smart card. All needed was Aadhar authentication and old DL pics to be uploaded.

I verified status after 18 hours and status changed to accepted/approved and now waiting for card printing.

Note: Renewal date is calculated from date renewed, not from old DL expiry date. So, one can do a month prior. Above 40 years, need Form 1A also to be uploaded along with DL images.

Overall seamless process and saves lot of effort and time. Avoids middle man.
Attached Thumbnails
License Renewal-20220916-23_53_27rta-citizen-app.png  

Last edited by reddy6980 : 17th September 2022 at 00:10. Reason: Addition on few more points.
reddy6980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 17:34   #308
bht
BHPian

I applied for renewal on 21st-Sept at Bangalore KR Puram RTO- KA53. for some reason the payment wouldn't go through at all, it would error out saying payment already made.
Finally I had to go to RTO and make payment in cash at counter on 27th, since then the application status is "SCRUTINY - (Verification of Proof Documents)", not sure how long it is going to take at this stage.

Did any one face the same situation/issue?

Last edited by bht : 14th October 2022 at 17:38.
Old 17th October 2022, 10:59   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bht View Post
I applied for renewal on 21st-Sept at Bangalore KR Puram RTO- KA53. for some reason the payment wouldn't go through at all, it would error out saying payment already made.
Finally I had to go to RTO and make payment in cash at counter on 27th, since then the application status is "SCRUTINY - (Verification of Proof Documents)", not sure how long it is going to take at this stage.

Did any one face the same situation/issue?
After a lot of back and forth (issues with adding my very long name in the DL); I was finally able to successfully "apply" to renew my DL. I applied and did the fee payment on 29th August. The status was stuck on "SCRUTINY" till 5th September. I finally received my DL in post on 16th September.

If you have applied and made the payment at an RTO, then you have nothing more to do but wait.
If you have applied online then it would be better if you visit the RTO with all the documents (in original) to get it verified.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by amahale : 17th October 2022 at 11:01.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 11:18   #310
bht
BHPian

Quote:
After a lot of back and forth (issues with adding my very long name in the DL); I was finally able to successfully "apply" to renew my DL. I applied and did the fee payment on 29th August. The status was stuck on "SCRUTINY" till 5th September. I finally received my DL in post on 16th September.

If you have applied and made the payment at an RTO, then you have nothing more to do but wait.
If you have applied online then it would be better if you visit the RTO with all the documents (in original) to get it verified.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Yes, waiting seems to be the only option, they have 30 working days SLA and wont entertain any query or requests before that.
Old 19th October 2022, 16:46   #311
BHPian

Last week I went to KA03 RTO and applied for DL backlog entry. For those who need to visit for same, it is backside of the building where license related services are done and it is accepted in counter no 24.
The clerk wrote down date and even time in my DL copy after which to check the update.

Now when I entered the details in parivahan sarathi page, my details came up. When I proceeded for DL renewal request, it displayed following message "DL Number available as backlog entry vide Application Number : <xxxx> get it Approved. Then only Apply for DL services."
Any advice how to get it approved? Do I have to visit RTO again?
Old 19th October 2022, 18:02   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
Last week I went to KA03 RTO and applied for DL backlog entry. For those who need to visit for same, it is backside of the building where license related services are done and it is accepted in counter no 24.
The clerk wrote down date and even time in my DL copy after which to check the update.

Now when I entered the details in parivahan sarathi page, my details came up. When I proceeded for DL renewal request, it displayed following message "DL Number available as backlog entry vide Application Number : <xxxx> get it Approved. Then only Apply for DL services."
Even if you apply online, you might have to visit the RTO to get your documents verified (at least that was the case for me). I would suggest you to go to the RTO and apply and pay the fees there. Make sure to carry all the documents (both original and copy) needed. I found the RTO folks are more helpful these days than earlier.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 18:08   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post

I had to go through the same at KA03 during October 2020. Wait till the date mentioned by the clerk, if still not done you will have to approach the same counter and ask them to get it done. Check the website immediately to ensure it's done. It's just a matter of a click for which you might have to visit again.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 22:22   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Even if you apply online, you might have to visit the RTO to get your documents verified (at least that was the case for me). I would suggest you to go to the RTO
Thanks. I will renew in a different RTO where I reside now. So KA03 RTO visit will be extra visit only for DL backlog entry part to be completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
I had to go through the same at KA03 during October 2020. Wait till the date mentioned by the clerk, if still not done you will have to approach the same counter and ask them to get it done. Check the website immediately to ensure it's done. It's just a matter of a click for which you might have to visit again.
Thanks. Yes, I waited till the date is over and tried next day, and from vahan page, it looks like data is entered, but the process it not fully completed. Looks like I have to visit again to nudge to get that one step done.
Old 1st December 2022, 23:22   #315
BHPian

I am writing down the ordeal I went through for the license renewal in KA.

I submitted for license backlog entry in KA03 five weeks before my license expiry. In 10 days, license details appeared in Vahaan page, but for proceeding to apply for renewal, the ‘Approval’ stage was pending.

To avoid long trips to KA03, and my prior pathetic experience with RC renewal trying to do it myself in same RTO (it is still pending after 3 months, though I see slow progress in Vahaan page, last being on 9th Nov), and license renewal being time critical activity (at least I must get the application receipt before my license expires to legally drive, which is blocked due to backlog entry not happening), I approached an agent whose office is located in front of KA01 RTO, the closest RTO from my current residence.

I initially went to a nearby driving school, who quoted Rs 4500/- for the process while explaining me all the detail steps he needs to take, but I was looking for a cheaper deal which turned out to be a mistake. The agent near RTO Mr Vasanth of “Bindu Enterprises” quoted Rs 3500/- and reduced to Rs 3300/- after negotiation. He did not talk much, which I later realize is because he does not know much, agents working under him (Mr Surinder) knows better and has better connection with RTO.

Even the agents could not get my backlog entry done in time, after lot of follow ups with them, it was done a week before my license expiry (1 month from application). Next day I went for the renewal process in RTO KA01, now he demanded Rs 1000/- for the backlog approval, for which there was no discussion on money payments before. And while filling the forms online, agent asked me to pay the real renewal fee of Rs 449/- online, which though he initially said is part of the payments, demanded as extra payments later. Overall I had to pay Rs 4249/- (including online payment of Rs 449/-) after some hard negotiation and accusing them of not being transparent on the fees. I got the license in hand after a week of application.

Also, I did not get my address updated in the license, he claimed that it will cost additional Rs 2000/- (he mentioned this on first day, so didn’t come as late surprise). So I am planning to apply for license address update myself later after I get my RC renewal done, as it is not a time critical action item, and I can afford to make some rounds of trips to KA01, which is nearby.

I wanted to give bad feedback on them in Google Map, but they don’t even appear there.

Lessons learnt, if we engage with agents, we should go with reputed agents (Driving schools who has presence in Google Map so we can check the reviews) who may charge marginally more, but hopefully job will be done better (In this case, I paid almost same, but address update was excluded, first agent from driving school mentioned the details including address update but didn’t mention of extra charges).
bivision is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks